NFL Vintage Variants Jersey Concepts (Browns added 12/16)

PHXAZGFX

Vintage Variants is a concept series not unlike the Adidas Reverse Retro series for the NHL, but I'm not doing just flipped colors. I wanted to take looks from the past and do all kinds of variations with them. Some will be color variations, some will pull in different design elements, some will be inspired by local themes, etc. I will update this post as I release each team, going alphabetically by city/region.

These designs are done on the VaporFlex Jersey Template I created for UniMockups.

Arizona Cardinals

This one goes back to the jersey worn by Larry Fitzgerald early in his career and pulls in the colors of the desert cardinal, a bird more common in Arizona than the red Northern Cardinal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Atlanta Falcons

This one taps on a jersey worn by Deion Sanders and is essentially a Reverse Retro with a grey/silver base. Really love that old bird logo and this would be a great opportunity to bring back the red helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Baltimore Ravens

This one hearkens back to the Ray Lewis era in a golden color with white removed from the number trim and left only in the coat of arms (white border also removed there). This would pair well with a purple helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Buffalo Bills

This one kicks it back to the 1964 look but in a cream color, with elements added from the Buffalo city flag. Before you get mad and say it looks like the Chargers - relax, it's just a concept.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Carolina Panthers

This one is a spin on what's really the only uniform they've ever had. Blue numbers are in, using the original proposed shade (thanks to trucolor.net). I gave the shoulder stripes a tweak, adding blue cuffs with a blue helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Chicago Bears

This one is a blue version of their 1936 jersey with a modified helmet. The white version was extremely popular, so I wanted to see the blue and did more accurate shoulder striping.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cincinnati Bengals

This one is an orange version of their classic from the Boomer Esiason days with white tiger markings on the shoulders. Had to move the markings up a tad to fit today's jersey cut, but I like how it flows.

spacer.png

Vintage-Variants-Bengals-Helmet.png

Bengals-Throwback.jpg

Cleveland Browns

This one is a variant of their 1946 jersey with a darker seal brown and vintage silver (h/t TruColor.net) with less orange. The helmet is also silver, not, white.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, heavybass said:

Pretty sure you need a concept to start things off but I see blank... you should get something on there otherwise mods are going to close this down.

I was just about to add, kids came home and interrupted and I just got back to it. Now I can't add for some reason. May have to restart...

3 hours ago, Jeffery said:

Presentation is great and the Falcons concept is super clean, love the series

Thanks! Really happy with the template. Took me a LONG time to build it but it was worth it. Wanted to give designers something packed with built-in features for making great presentations easy to create.

Archived