SportsLogos.Net News

Fan Controlled Football League Unveils Team Logos, Uniform Options

Recommended Posts

On 1/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Yup! Not sure why I thought it was a full 120 yards. Apparently the Screaming Eagles were their test case. The team went 5-11. 

https://www.gq.com/story/fan-run-football-experiment

I do believe the same group that owned the Screaming Eagles also owned a second iteration of the Colorado Crush for about a year (they were called the Ice from 2007-2016ish). Notably, they put social media tags on the back of the jerseys, in lieu of a surname:

wKvUuo1.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet, they have not released team helmets despite the fact that there is footage of FCF players in camp wearing actual football helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 teams having jerseys red/pink on the bottom and both using light blue is such a mistake. The other 2 teams being primarily black/dark gray is just as awful, but atleast the Beast have slime green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am confused as to this league: is it an arena league in the same way as IFL and NAL?  Full uniform including helmets and pads?  or is it 7 on 7 where they don't use helmets?  Because they use regular football helmets in footage posted on their Facebook page and yet they didn't announce the helmets to go along with the jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I am confused as to this league: is it an arena league in the same way as IFL and NAL?  Full uniform including helmets and pads?  or is it 7 on 7 where they don't use helmets?  Because they use regular football helmets in footage posted on their Facebook page and yet they didn't announce the helmets to go along with the jerseys.

It's 7v7 in an Arena League field setting by the looks of it. Arena is 8v8 with 3down lineman so maybe they have 2 lineman, a RB, QB and 3 WRs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's 7v7 in an Arena League field setting by the looks of it. Arena is 8v8 with 3down lineman so maybe they have 2 lineman, a RB, QB and 3 WRs?

 

If it's 7v7 and that doesn't require regular helmets, why are they posting videos on Facebook of players at practice wearing regular helmets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

If it's 7v7 and that doesn't require regular helmets, why are they posting videos on Facebook of players at practice wearing regular helmets?

They're probably using a hybrid set of rules. In regular 7v7 there's no hitting, if they're tackles in this league they'll be wearing helmets and pads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  believe I mentioned this in the Sports in General Sub forum earlier, but they have put out the rulebook on their website:  ( https://www.fcf.io/static-cms/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/FCF-Rulebook-1.25.21.pdf ). They've been live streaming some minicamp practices on their Twitch Channel too. Looks like its a hybrid/modified version of Arena football.

 

A few major highlights: 

  • contact football with standard pads 
  • 20 minute halves / 6 minute halftimes. Goal is 1hr games
  • No kickoffs, punts, or field goals
  • 7-on-7 instead of 8-on-8,  but still 3 down linemen) 
  • some rules are still being voted on by fans (OT style, DPI penalty, player and  team penalty accrual punishments, onsite kickoff equivalent, etc.) 
  • fans can also earn "powers" for their team and activate them in game as well (extra timeouts, 5th down, etc.) 
  • most rosters are redrafted each week except for 2-3 "tagged" players on each team. Defenses and Offensive Lines are each drafted as entire groups

 

 

A few other unrelated notes about the league: 

  • About 5 weekly shows with players and coaches live streaming on Twitch, along with their companion talk show on there now. 
  • Fans can invest in individual teams via startup funding website Republic: https://republic.co/fcf-beasts (more interesting notes on the business model here as well) 

They're also beta testing the app this week too: https://fcf-beta-test.kickoffpages.com/

 

I will say that regardless of how this league turns out, at least it seems like they are fully committing to the gimmick/premise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

I  believe I mentioned this in the Sports in General Sub forum earlier, but they have put out the rulebook on their website:  ( https://www.fcf.io/static-cms/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/FCF-Rulebook-1.25.21.pdf ). They've been live streaming some minicamp practices on their Twitch Channel too. Looks like its a hybrid/modified version of Arena football.

 

A few major highlights: 

  • contact football with standard pads 
  • 20 minute halves / 6 minute halftimes. Goal is 1hr games
  • No kickoffs, punts, or field goals
  • 7-on-7 instead of 8-on-8,  but still 3 down linemen) 
  • some rules are still being voted on by fans (OT style, DPI penalty, player and  team penalty accrual punishments, onsite kickoff equivalent, etc.) 
  • fans can also earn "powers" for their team and activate them in game as well (extra timeouts, 5th down, etc.) 
  • most rosters are redrafted each week except for 2-3 "tagged" players on each team. Defenses and Offensive Lines are each drafted as entire groups

 

 

A few other unrelated notes about the league: 

  • About 5 weekly shows with players and coaches live streaming on Twitch, along with their companion talk show on there now. 
  • Fans can invest in individual teams via startup funding website Republic: https://republic.co/fcf-beasts (more interesting notes on the business model here as well) 

They're also beta testing the app this week too: https://fcf-beta-test.kickoffpages.com/

 

I will say that regardless of how this league turns out, at least it seems like they are fully committing to the gimmick/premise. 

 

If it's contact football, why did the league not release helmets at the same time as the jerseys?  You know, like how other football teams do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams are redrafted each week? That is the literal definition Seinfeld’s joke about rooting fit laundry. How are you suppose to keep up with this league unless you are totally invested past even the most diehard of football fans. Say the first week some dude you never heard of before balls out for the glacier boys so the next week it’s only logical to watch the team the next week seeing if the dude balls out again to find out he was drafted by the team that just got smacked around by him and you just wasted your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

 

If it's contact football, why did the league not release helmets at the same time as the jerseys?  You know, like how other football teams do it?

Maybe they are using a standardized helmet template for each (i.e. logo decal on side of helmet with either primary or secondary color for shell, wordmark on facemask mount) so theres not much for the fans to choose?  Idk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dont care said:

Teams are redrafted each week? That is the literal definition Seinfeld’s joke about rooting fit laundry. How are you suppose to keep up with this league unless you are totally invested past even the most diehard of football fans. Say the first week some dude you never heard of before balls out for the glacier boys so the next week it’s only logical to watch the team the next week seeing if the dude balls out again to find out he was drafted by the team that just got smacked around by him and you just wasted your time.

 

The website goes more in depth with it then I could on here. But yeah that could be an issue. Think it plays into people following the teams more than the players since fans are "locked in" to a team once they make an account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dont care said:

Teams are redrafted each week? That is the literal definition Seinfeld’s joke about rooting fit laundry. How are you suppose to keep up with this league unless you are totally invested past even the most diehard of football fans. Say the first week some dude you never heard of before balls out for the glacier boys so the next week it’s only logical to watch the team the next week seeing if the dude balls out again to find out he was drafted by the team that just got smacked around by him and you just wasted your time.

Sounds like the Spring League, except there it was because players were injured and teams needed help at a specific position. Since it's a glorified practice league it makes sense though. 

9 minutes ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

Maybe they are using a standardized helmet template for each (i.e. logo decal on side of helmet with either primary or secondary color for shell, wordmark on facemask mount) so theres not much for the fans to choose?  Idk. 

And probably plain white pants as well. Maybe the IFL and NAF should jump on Twitch then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sounds like the Spring League, except there it was because players were injured and teams needed help at a specific position. Since it's a glorified practice league it makes sense though. 

And probably plain white pants as well. Maybe the IFL and NAF should jump on Twitch then. 

 

FCF executive just tweeted the above video of an equipment room showing jerseys as well as some decaled helmets for each team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Glacier Boyz and Wild Aces blues are different.  Good.  But that matchup could look like a nightmare haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 4:53 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like the Glacier Boyz and Wild Aces blues are different.  Good.  But that matchup could look like a nightmare haha.

It's even more annoying since each player apparently picks what color helmet he wants. Both teams have silver, matte black and anthracite helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.