NHL Prototype Series (Golden Knights Added Jan 15)

72freebie

4 hours ago, raysox said:

I'm mad I didn't think of this concept series. Great work for all of them!

You could do one for the MLB. Or The MiLB. Just a suggestion considering your previous concepts

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up is the New Jersey Devils. This logo is one of the more well know unused logo in the NHL and was shown off with the announcement of the team name in 1982. The logo isn't bad but doesn't hold up to what the Devils ended up using and have been using ever since. This concept uses a design somewhat similar to the Devils inaugural jerseys but with more black thrown in. The third jersey is more of a second dark jersey option as in the 80's there wasn't really third jerseys being used league wide yet.

Logo on the Sportlogos.net mothership.

dKP3wnE.jpg

t8BrDE6.jpg

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Next up is the Carolina Hurricanes. The logos used in this concept were unused prototypes for the team's expansion in 1997. I really love these logo and I think that it would have been a much more unique identity then what they cam up with. The primary logo would still look alright by today's standards. The jerseys are 90's inspired with waves of many different colors flowing across the jersey.

Link to the story on these logos.

D8HYRzh.jpg

U1zLr2Y.jpg

Yeah that primary is quite something. They certainly missed the trick with that one.

I'm not 100% on the secondary, even though there's nothing wrong with it (if that makes sense). Reminds me of the early part of Pirates of the Carribean - just before the drop. I guess that's a good thing :D

The colour pallet is unique. Sits well with both logos, gives them a suitble atmospheric feel. Loving the wave on the jerseys too.

Next up is the St. Louis Blues concept featuring a sort of mix between some proposed concepts for the 1995 season. This concept uses the very unique pink and blue idea shown below combined with the logo from the bottom left concept. I really like the idea of the double blue concept in the top right but pink was the definite winner for me. The design is similar to what the blues went with just with a few more stripes and of course, more pink. The third jersey is an idea based of the blues proposed 3rd jersey from 1996 that never saw the light of day. This concept uses a full pink base and brings down the trumpet idea from the original jersey but would still fit right into the 90s.

Proposed concepts

bbNgpP4.jpg

IjNM3mP.jpg

8ymkLAF.jpg

Both logos work really well, although I think the 'stick note' on the primary maybe needs to be either pink or blue instead of white - just to contrast against the white of the roundel.

Jerseys are top notch yet again. Sure the colour scheme is a surprise at first, but then its no different to the other distinctive pallets of the past. I'm thinking the Rockies using purple when no one else did etc.

I know its not intentional, but the colours remind me of the Formula 1 team Racing Point - who's title sponsor BWT requires a pink livery.

Next up is the Columbus Blue Jackets. This concepts uses logos and ideas from many of the unused concepts that the Blue Jackets almost used for their inaugural Season in 2000. The primary logo is an unused full body version of the stinger logo that was almost used as the team's main identity. This makes for a very fun and unique color scheme of light blue, red, black, and lime green. The home and away jerseys feature all of these colors as well as stars on the cuffs and slightly darker horizontal stripes across the jersey which were used in another set of blue jackets prototype jerseys. The third jersey goes full like green for the base. This is very bold but I think the design is tame enough and the colors contrast well to make what could have been a sharp looking uniform.

Link to the story on the unused logo.

sniD9Lk.jpg

UbCRhGl.jpg

Next up is the Atlanta Thrashers. This concept uses a proposed logo that was apparently one of many considered for the Inaugural 1999 season. This picture is the only thing I could find but it shows many different concepts featuring more cartoonish logos than the team ended up going with. I liked the middle left logo the best and went with it. The jerseys are definitely out there but remind me of templates that were used in the early 2000's, The secondary logo is my own creation and features an A with wings on each side. Fairly simple but I think it fits with the brand.

tuvJTdY.jpg

qJZA3Mp.jpg

On 12/17/2020 at 9:38 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Florida Panthers. This concept uses a proposed logo from the 1993 expansion. This logo is very different from what the team ended up going with and tried to capitalize on the popularity of colors of the Florida Marlins at the time. I also modified the inaugural palm tree shoulder patch to fit with the primary logo better. The jerseys use a unique sunburst style effect on the sleeves with some angled striping. the third jersey is bright yellow to represent the sunshine state.

Link to the story on this proposed logo.

qFNydLR.jpg

fuzLkWO.jpg

Wow, I wasn't aware of this logo.  Too bad it never saw itself on an official jersey.

Blues set looks fresh too

On 12/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Carolina Hurricanes. The logos used in this concept were unused prototypes for the team's expansion in 1997. I really love these logo and I think that it would have been a much more unique identity then what they cam up with. The primary logo would still look alright by today's standards. The jerseys are 90's inspired with waves of many different colors flowing across the jersey.

Link to the story on these logos.

D8HYRzh.jpg

U1zLr2Y.jpg

I absolutely love that secondary logo! Might be the best of the set. 

N3d5IIl.png

Nice designs, all of them. The only logos I prefer are the Ducks and maybe the 'Canes. But these uniforms all look terrific

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Next up is the Los Angeles Kings using a proposed logo from the 1967 expansion. The jersey below shows a prototype of what the team was considering wearing for their inaugural season. The logo isn't bad by any means and fits the time period. 

5nwYWLG.jpg

My concept uses a bit of a different striping pattern as well as keeps both the yellow and purple pants that the Kings wore through the 70s. 

nwNFogN.jpg

UREp7Pk.jpg

On 12/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Columbus Blue Jackets. This concepts uses logos and ideas from many of the unused concepts that the Blue Jackets almost used for their inaugural Season in 2000. The primary logo is an unused full body version of the stinger logo that was almost used as the team's main identity. This makes for a very fun and unique color scheme of light blue, red, black, and lime green. The home and away jerseys feature all of these colors as well as stars on the cuffs and slightly darker horizontal stripes across the jersey which were used in another set of blue jackets prototype jerseys. The third jersey goes full like green for the base. This is very bold but I think the design is tame enough and the colors contrast well to make what could have been a sharp looking uniform.

Link to the story on the unused logo.

sniD9Lk.jpg

UbCRhGl.jpg

Shut up and take my money.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Next up is the Buffalo Sabres. This concept uses a proposed logo from the rebrand in 1996 which would eventually result in the goat head logo. In this YouTube video around the 18:30 mark you get a rough look at a couple of different proposed ideas but this one was definitely the most polished and interesting of the bunch. The colors are grey, navy, and red. The image I had to work off of is not great and I changed the buffalo head up to what I thought looked a little better than the original. The secondary logos are made by me and are just different versions of the other logos used by the Sabres in the 90s. These being the B sword shoulder patch and crossed swords logo for the 3rd jersey. 

0yIZYzJ.jpg

5wtpqXL.jpg

HJL4xWS.jpg

Archived