NHL Prototype Series (Flyers Added)

72freebie

12 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Why don't you just call them the Busters? Like "bust a move"? The nickname would work in minor league level (at best), but I wouldn't object it if someone chooses a name like Buster?

Free advertising talks. Imagine where Netflix and Block Buster would be right now if this team existed.

Guest darkpiranha

Amusingly, there's going to be a documentary about the fall of Blockbuster that streams on Netflix.

Next up is another LA Kings concept. This concept uses a prototype version of the "Burger King" Logo that was originally meant to serve as the primary logo in a Kings rebrand. The color scheme was originally meant to be gold, silver, and black but was changed to purple when the logo was brought back up to be used on the Kings 3rd jersey in 1996. The jerseys keep the sash design from the 3rd jersey but the rest is a little more basic and doesn't use gradients like the original. The 3rd jersey goes back to the vintage purple and yellow as a combination of eras.

Link to the Icethetics 90's prototypes video. Many versions of the Burger king logo can be seen at 5:39

znMjELS.jpg

zwQpDOX.jpg

On 1/25/2021 at 7:18 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Hampton Roads Rhinos. This was a proposed NHL expansion team in 1996 that was set to play in Norfolk, Virginia. The team never came to be and has lived in infamy ever since. The proposed logo from the team is obviously quite hideous and would have easily been the league's worst team logo if the team had used it on the ice. The cartoon rhino and wordmark look more suitable for a beer league squad then a professional franchise. My concept uses a sharp design with curved stripes that come down from the arms to the hem. The alternate jersey uses the wordmark on the front with striping that cuts the jersey colors in half.

Link to some info on this proposed team

Z0Y9gss.jpg

MdtCm9t.jpg

This would have fit right in with the Roller Hockey league uniforms & logos I've seen.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:05 AM, 72freebie said:

Next up is another Phoenix Coyotes Concept. This one uses a prototype logo from the team's 2003 rebrand. This logo was one of many prototypes for what would become the coyote head logo that is still used by the team today. This prototype logo is different then the final version but I really don't think it's a worse logo overall. The jersey design is similar to the striping from the rebrand but adding more sand and black to the color scheme to make everything pop a little more. I never liked how the Coyotes only used red and white for so long.

Link to the Icethetics prototype video. The logo can be seen at 4:52

MkxfZSq.jpg

2NbwRq3.jpg

Can I see what this would look like with the light jersey being sand instead of white?

• 3 weeks later...

Next up is yet another 90s concept for the Flyers. This concept comes from a set of logos that were just recently shown off in Icethetics NHL Prototypes video. These logos were part of the design process to try and bring teal into the Flyers color palette. The primary logo this time features a modified version of a wordmark logo that the team considered and also a liberty bell logo that went unused.

Link to the Icethetics Prototype Video. Logos can be seen from 8:02 to 8:15

Mdu2Ysy.jpg

1uf8jp3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great series! It's cool to see some off-the-wall concepts, as some of us, myself included, tend to stick to more classic, tried-and-true designs.

I'm not sure if you've seen these or not, but at 3:26 of this video there are some concepts for the new Jets logos. I figured you might be interested!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 3:16 AM, Stampman said:

This would have fit right in with the Roller Hockey league uniforms & logos I've seen.

Speaking of roller hockey, the San Jose Rhinos did a much better job on a rhino logo with both the primary and shoulder patch:

spacer.png

10 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Speaking of roller hockey, the San Jose Rhinos did a much better job on a rhino logo with both the primary and shoulder patch:

spacer.png

Hey RHL Modernized should be the next idea!