Quebec Nordiques TV spot announcement

Sidney

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Dude...wow. I cant decide on if I like it better with or without the red, but regardless, fantastic stuff.

Thanks man I appreciate a lot ;) don't worry I'm in the same situation I'm not sure either ...

hNa1bgX.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/16/2021 at 11:09 AM, Brian in Boston said:

First and foremost, I'm not a fan of adding "speed & movement" to a fixed structure such as a building. It didn't make sense when MiLB's San Antonio Missions did it to the Alamo in their logo package and it doesn't make sense here.   

THANK YOU, why did I catch so much hell when I said this about the Missions?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm back on this project, I think I slowly getting it done. Here is my idea on the alternative logo, I think it's might not work if I do this logo around the citadel idea because this will be too different from the primary. Here is my first try at this, I was thinking about doing a unique logo again like the primary one. The idea is built around stars.... like when you watch the big bear star etc but that creates a stick in a N shaped after a sort of aurora borealis (smooth and aerial).... C&C are appreciated 

Ift0Na5.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

Hmm that logo might be a tad bit too close to the old Minnesota North Stars logo.. but the shaping of the N and the minimal stick line with that circle puck.. hmm not bad... 

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Here is an other "n" shape version , with aurora borealis, stars and the and the red red needle of the compass. If you watch close it's not perfect but it forms a kind of fleur de lys composed of hockey sticks.... C&C are appreciated

lVz1YvR.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

I'd try aiming for a maple leaf instead of a compass. The connection to Montréal seems a bit of a stretch to me and I can't help but see the Las Vegas star. A maple leaf would have a more obvious tie-in and would work nicely with the angles on the hockey sticks. Still a great start for an alternate logo.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

17 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I'd try aiming for a maple leaf instead of a compass. The connection to Montréal seems a bit of a stretch to me and I can't help but see the Las Vegas star. A maple leaf would have a more obvious tie-in and would work nicely with the angles on the hockey sticks. Still a great start for an alternate logo.

I highly doubt quebecois will approve the mapple leaf instead of the fleur de lys ^^

15 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Try flipping the sticks so the blades are on top, making it match the top flair of a fleur-de-lis a bit more.  

Indeed I've tried different versions 

cNRCI6q.jpg 

hNa1bgX.png

6 hours ago, Sidney said:

cNRCI6q.jpg 

The middle logo is great! that would be a solid secondary logo! I would use that pretty much as is.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The middle logo is great! that would be a solid secondary logo! I would use that pretty much as is.

My vote is for that middle logo as well. I love seeing all this development of your work though. It's not something we always get to see, so thanks for sharing your design process with us!

25 minutes ago, alexandre said:

I'm old enough to remember and still have some lingering discontent for the Nords. That said, this is great and a really savvy direction.

Ahhh I'm really happy!! I've been working hard on it as it very challenging to try to pleased fans & make it as modern as possible without forgetting the former design... But I have to admit that I love the global design, ppl from on this forum really helped a lot!

hNa1bgX.png

Top notch stuff again Sidney.

BTW I have a strange afinity for the Nordiques, even though they'd moved to Colorado before I got into hockey. I can't place what it is, I could have the same for any number of relocated teams - but there's something about them that just appeals.

Archived