Tweaking ALL 32 NFL Uniforms

Indigo

Some teams, like the Packers and Raiders, never need to change again. Others, like the Rams, Bengals, Titans, Cardinals and more, need to change ASAP.  However, no matter how timeless/classic or dated/just bad they are, EVERY NFL team's uniform is going to be adjusted, starting with the....

Carolina Panthers 1.0

The Panthers current jerseys aren't bad(aside from the elongated pant stripe), but they could do without the silver. 

• The helmet becomes black
  • A new pointed triple stripe is added to the pants and helmet to match the shoulders
  • Blue becomes the primary, while black becomes the alternate
  • White jersey has blue numbers

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New England Patriots

The Pat's recent uni change was lateral, IMO. It did get rid of the 2000s-ish side panels, but did not fix the road numbers and failed to add silver pants.

• No more silver outlines on numbers
  • The stripe on the road jersey becomes red-white-red to mimic the logo and/or American flag
  • Silver pants are added

spacer.png

spacer.png

New Orleans Saints

The Saints' uniforms are a washed up version of what they could be, much like their shade of gold. The consistent monochrome is stupid, and the gold helmet barley matches anything else.

• Gold pants return
  • Brassier shade of gold from Color Rush is used
  • Contrasting socks become standard(except for all white CR)

jRzz9Iw.png

spacer.png

Philadelphia Eagles 1.0

The Eagles's Midnight Green is unique, and fans are torn between that shade or the more classic Kelly green. 

• I decided to combine the two shades of green into one, "Evening green"
  • No more charcoal-gray; a brighter silver is used instead.

spacer.png

Next we have the Arizona Cardinals 1.0. Unfortunately, this concept is for tweaking existing uniforms, and since the Cards don't wear a throwback, I can't make that the primary look. Nonetheless, here are the changes I made.

• The white "beak"-thing has been filled in to a solid red
  • The yoke on the road jersey is gone, and the red is relegated to the side panels and shoulders
  • No more red pants with white inserts
  • The black alt is simply an inverse of the home jersey; No all-black/red number madness

spacer.png

New York Giants 1.0

New York is...puzzling. For a team nicknamed "Big Blue", it's fitting that they have a solid blue home jersey. but the road jersey is has not a trace of blue to be found(not to mention the large red stripes on the shoulders). And the pants have flip-flopping stripes for each jersey. Puzzling...

• Pants return to blue-red-blue pattern worn from 2000-2011, which match the helmet.
  • Shoulder stripes become red-white-blue-white-red, and are consistent on both jerseys

spacer.png

spacer.png

New York Jets

New York is...puzzling. It seemed like the Jets were settled uniform-wise with their fauxbacks with that dark green. If any changes were to be made, the obvious choice would be to promote their bright green Color Rush to primary status, right? And then we got the current monstrosities.

• Black is removed from color palette
  • Pant stripes from 1998-2018 set return, but are sharpened similar to current set
  • Shoulder stripes from 1978-1997 set return, but are sharpened similar to current set
  • Facemask becomes white

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in this thread in a while...and since the recent news of the Cinncinati Bengals change, I decided to do my own...

• 1997-2003 era tiger stripes return(thicker, and straight vertical).
  • Color Rush block numbers are used throughout.
  • All-White Color Rush sticks around(I really wanted to use a white helmet, but until the 1-shell rule officially changes, teams get one helmet.
  • Monochrome is Cincy's signature, so those are the primary, but the contrasting pants can be used.

XQZ8N9a.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Next we have the atrocious LA Rams...oh boy. Where do I begin? From gradients to bone to horn segments to bone to Fruit Roll-up numbers to bone!!, this unifrom set messed up what should have been a modernization of the throwbacks.

Los Angeles Rams

• Gold pants-and I mean gold pants are the only option (like the throwbacks)
  • Away jersey is white (like the throwbacks)
  • Horn segment is filled in (like the throwbacks)
  • Shoulder horns from 1973-1999 & 2009-2019 return (sensing a trend?)
  • Numbers are single-colored, with no weird glue-gun outline 

Cy9MLpo.png

spacer.png

Staying in the NFC West, we have the 

San Francisco 49ers v1.0

Not much you can do with a classic look like these, but...

• I did add the three stripes from the throwback back to the uniforms

9Uq6XJK.png

spacer.png

Buffalo Bills v1.0

The Bills got it-mostly-right when they moved away from their disastrous 2000's set. For fans Mafia members who love the Bills red helmet and color rush, I will be making another Bills set with both. 

• Navy is removed
  • Tapered stripe from logo and helmet is extended to pants
  • Striped blue socks w/ white pants, and...
  • ...Striped white socks with blue pants. 'Nuff said.

g3b2J1t.png

Detroit Lions v1.0

The Lions current set isn't bad, per se, but it felt like a downgrade from the previous set, especially in terms of contrast without the black. There will be a Honolulu blue/black/white combo in the future.

• Made numbers white with silver outline on home jersey
  • Added white in between Northwestern stripes to emulate pants and helmet from 1961 to 2008
  • Darkened the silver
  • No more gray Color Rush, because, why?

ibclcmo.png

spacer.png

Staying in the NFC North, we have the NFC Cham--I mean, the

Green Bay Packers

Timeless. Classic. What more can you say? 

• Stripes now match the pants--no more thin stripe separating the 2 thicker ones

UoYgag6.png

spacer.png

Heading to the AFC South we have the Tennessee Titans

The old Titans uniforms were a modern classic. These new ones? Not so much. The sword motif feels as if it was crammed into the set, and then they realized they forgot the original colors(ya know, the ones that belong to the Oilers{who the Texans should be right now}) and crammed them into the armpits and Nike logos, respectively.

• White helmet returns from 1999-2017 set
  • Sword yoke becomes either navy or Columbia blue (like 1999-2017 set)
  • Pants use coloring from flames in logo
  • Numbers on road jersey are Columbia with navy outline
  • TV numbers become red.
  • No more dark gray.

OE7pcnI.png

Jacksonville Jaguars v1.0

Next the AFC South is Jacksonville. All the Jags needed to do was make their old two-tone helmet black and they'd be good. Instead, they over corrected, leaving out gold and minimizing teal, their two signature colors. I'll be making a second Jaguars set, but I'm not telling what it will be... ;)

• Added gold trim around collar and shoulder cuffs
  • Teal/white and white/teal become the two primaries.

xae4Lr9.png

spacer.png

Next we have the Pittsburgh Steelers

Not much has changed, and not much needed to change for the Steelers, who've kept the same look since their bumblebee stripe days.

• Block numbers from 1968-1996 return.
  • Double stripe on shoulders becomes smaller so it can fit on Nike template.

y2ZYJMQ.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta had the right idea with their new set, but completely messed it up with gimmicky side panels, large wordmarks and a chrome facemask.

• Throwback become the base of the uniform, with the striped socks becoming the only option.
  • Black pants added.
  • Font from previous set(2003-2019) returns.
  • Black facemask instead of chrome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

First Round of remixes!!

Arizona Cardinals 2.0

This thread is "Tweaking Existing Uniforms", but it's my thread, so I can break the rules.

• Helmet unchanged
  • Pants from 1996-2004 return.
  • Striped socks are added for the red pants.
  • Arizona flag on shoulders(from 1989-2004) returns, but is colorized in Cardinals' colors

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm very much old school, believe every team should have block numbers of some form, liking the Panthers concept with the blue pants/black socks, with black home jersey/white block numbers, and white away jersey with black numbers, ya got a winner with the blue pants/black socks, black helmet could have a blue stripe, lets see a 2.0 version.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Detroit Lions v1.0

The Lions current set isn't bad, per se, but it felt like a downgrade from the previous set, especially in terms of contrast without the black. There will be a Honolulu blue/black/white combo in the future.

• Made numbers white with silver outline on home jersey
  • Added white in between Northwestern stripes to emulate pants and helmet from 1961 to 2008
  • Darkened the silver
  • No more gray Color Rush, because, why?

ibclcmo.png

spacer.png

Bravo. Well done. I do suspect that the team will move towards something similar to this in a few years, especially with the influence of Spielman and Barry as part of the front office. 

The only thing I would divert from this is the helmet stripe. I would keep it without the white. Yeah, it doesn't match the rest of the striping but it is a really nice clean look and is the best part of the uniform update that they had made. 

I would also be interested to see what this looks like with a blue facemask. Might be too much blue.. but it's a curiosity. 

Archived