Tweaking ALL 32 NFL Uniforms

Indigo

On 2/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Detroit Lions v1.0

The Lions current set isn't bad, per se, but it felt like a downgrade from the previous set, especially in terms of contrast without the black. There will be a Honolulu blue/black/white combo in the future.

• Made numbers white with silver outline on home jersey
  • Added white in between Northwestern stripes to emulate pants and helmet from 1961 to 2008
  • Darkened the silver
  • No more gray Color Rush, because, why?

ibclcmo.png

spacer.png

I would add the blue pants to this set as they look great for away games. 

spacer.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2020 at 3:56 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Some teams, like the Packers and Raiders, never need to change again. Others, like the Rams, Bengals, Titans, Cardinals and more, need to change ASAP.  However, no matter how timeless/classic or dated/just bad they are, EVERY NFL team's uniform is going to be adjusted, starting with the....

Carolina Panthers

The Panthers current jerseys aren't bad(aside from the elongated pant stripe), but they could do without the silver. 

• The helmet becomes black
  • A new pointed triple stripe is added to the pants and helmet to match the shoulders
  • Blue becomes the primary, while black becomes the alternate
  • White jersey has blue numbers

spacer.png

I like what you are trying to do here, but I feel like a black facemask would look better than blue. 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

New England Patriots

The Pat's recent uni change was lateral, IMO. It did get rid of the 2000s-ish side panels, but did not fix the road numbers and failed to add silver pants.

• No more silver outlines on numbers
  • The stripe on the road jersey becomes red-white-red to mimic the logo and/or American flag
  • Silver pants are added

spacer.png

I'd leave the white jersey stripes how they currently are and I'd also remove the logo on the shoulder and replace with TV numbers 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles's Midnight Green is unique, and fans are torn between that shade or the more classic Kelly green. 

• I decided to combine the two shades of green into one, "Evening green"
  • No more charcoal-gray; a brighter silver is used instead.

spacer.png

I'd prefer Kelly Green, but more importantly, use gray and get ride of the black. 

On 12/8/2020 at 2:12 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

New York Giants

New York is...puzzling. For a team nicknamed "Big Blue", it's fitting that they have a solid blue home jersey. but the road jersey is has not a trace of blue to be found(not to mention the large red stripes on the shoulders). And the pants have flip-flopping stripes for each jersey. Puzzling...

• Pants return to blue-red-blue pattern worn from 2000-2011, which match the helmet.
  • Shoulder stripes become red-white-blue-white-red, and are consistent on both jerseys

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think the white stripes on the shoulders stands out like a sore thumb, especially if the pants have no white in them. 

On 2/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Staying in the NFC West, we have the 

San Francisco 49ers

Not much you can do with a classic look like these, but...

• I did add the three stripes from the throwback back to the uniforms

9Uq6XJK.png

spacer.png

Personally I loved when the 49ers had the red facemask, so I would bring it back. 

On 2/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Buffalo Bills v1.0

The Bills got it-mostly-right when they moved away from their disastrous 2000's set. For fans Mafia members who love the Bills red helmet and color rush, I will be making another Bills set with both. 

• Navy is removed
  • Tapered stripe from logo and helmet is extended to pants
  • Striped blue socks w/ white pants, and...
  • ...Striped white socks with blue pants. 'Nuff said.

g3b2J1t.png

Add a blue facemask. 

On 2/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Heading to the AFC South we have the Tennessee Titans

The old Titans uniforms were a modern classic. These new ones? Not so much. The sword motif feels as if it was crammed into the set, and then they realized they forgot the original colors(ya know, the ones that belong to the Oilers{who the Texans should be right now}) and crammed them into the armpits and Nike logos, respectively.

• White helmet returns from 1999-2017 set
  • Sword yoke becomes either navy or Columbia blue (like 1999-2017 set)
  • Pants use coloring from flames in logo
  • Numbers on road jersey are Columbia with navy outline
  • TV numbers become red.
  • No more dark gray.

OE7pcnI.png

Lose the current striping on the pants and go with a sword stripe instead. 

On 2/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Jacksonville Jaguars v1.0

Next the AFC South is Jacksonville. All the Jags needed to do was make their old two-tone helmet black and they'd be good. Instead, they over corrected, leaving out gold and minimizing teal, their two signature colors. I'll be making a second Jaguars set, but I'm not telling what it will be... ;)

• Added gold trim around collar and shoulder cuffs
  • Teal/white and white/teal become the two primaries.

xae4Lr9.png

The pants are too plain and need stripes similar to the Brunnell era. 

On 2/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

First Round of remixes!!

Arizona Cardinals 2.0

This thread is "Tweaking Existing Uniforms", but it's my thread, so I can break the rules.

• Helmet unchanged
  • Pants from 1996-2004 return.
  • Striped socks are added for the red pants.
  • Arizona flag on shoulders(from 1989-2004) returns, but is colorized in Cardinals' colors

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'd add a black alternate and change the facemask to red or black. 

spacer.png

On 2/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Detroit Lions v1.0

The Lions current set isn't bad, per se, but it felt like a downgrade from the previous set, especially in terms of contrast without the black. There will be a Honolulu blue/black/white combo in the future.

• Made numbers white with silver outline on home jersey
  • Added white in between Northwestern stripes to emulate pants and helmet from 1961 to 2008
  • Darkened the silver
  • No more gray Color Rush, because, why?

ibclcmo.png

spacer.png

A perfect mix of modern and traditional for the Lions. Remove the WCF patch, maybe have it say Detroit, and this is amazing. This should 1000% be their current uniforms. 

Per request, the Detroit Lions 2.0

On 2/17/2021 at 10:30 AM, Karnage84 said:

Bravo. Well done. I do suspect that the team will move towards something similar to this in a few years, especially with the influence of Spielman and Barry as part of the front office. 

The only thing I would divert from this is the helmet stripe. I would keep it without the white. Yeah, it doesn't match the rest of the striping but it is a really nice clean look and is the best part of the uniform update that they had made. 

I would also be interested to see what this looks like with a blue facemask. Might be too much blue.. but it's a curiosity. 

spacer.png

On 2/17/2021 at 11:43 AM, nuordr said:

I would add the blue pants to this set as they look great for away games. 

spacer.png

19 hours ago, MGoBlue98 said:

I think they need white pants too

spacer.png

On 12/7/2020 at 3:56 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Some teams, like the Packers and Raiders, never need to change again. Others, like the Rams, Bengals, Titans, Cardinals and more, need to change ASAP.  However, no matter how timeless/classic or dated/just bad they are, EVERY NFL team's uniform is going to be adjusted, starting with the....

Carolina Panthers 1.0

The Panthers current jerseys aren't bad(aside from the elongated pant stripe), but they could do without the silver. 

• The helmet becomes black
  • A new pointed triple stripe is added to the pants and helmet to match the shoulders
  • Blue becomes the primary, while black becomes the alternate
  • White jersey has blue numbers

spacer.png

I'd go for blue pants/black socks with white jersey/black numbers to match the black jersey/white numbers, blue pants/black socks, black helmet combo, send it to Tepper.

Carolina Panthers 2.0

On 2/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, Jymp said:

I'd go for blue pants/black socks with white jersey/black numbers to match the black jersey/white numbers, blue pants/black socks, black helmet combo, send it to Tepper.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, nuordr said:

I like what you are trying to do here, but I feel like a black facemask would look better than blue. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/7/2020 at 3:23 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

New Orleans Saints

The Saints' uniforms are a washed up version of what they could be, much like their shade of gold. The consistent monochrome is stupid, and the gold helmet barley matches anything else.

• Gold pants return
  • Brassier shade of gold from Color Rush is used
  • Contrasting socks become standard(except for all white CR)

jRzz9Iw.png

spacer.png

This is generally acknowledged as all the Saints need to do. You are spot on.

ONLY thing I would change is the removal of uni set # 3 (black jersey/white pants) and #4 ( white jersey/black pants).

Three uni sets are enough in my book, but then again I'm a curmudgeonly old man....

It is what it is.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Carolina Panthers 2.0

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spot on bud, maybe a black stripe, bordered by white on the blue pants ?, except for the black helmet, Panthers already have this uniform, just need to put it all together the right way.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, nuordr said:

I think the white stripes on the shoulders stands out like a sore thumb, especially if the pants have no white in them. 

New York Giants 2.0

Instead of shoehorning white on the pants(I tried...it failed), I shoehorned gray on the shoulders.

• Numbers on away  uniform get blue outlines from the short lived 2000-2003 set.
  • Shoulder stripes on road jersey become silver/blue/red/blue/silver, emulating the 1980-1999 set with thin silver trim.
  • Shoulder stripes on the home jersey become silver/red/silver, matching the helmet with thin silver trim.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Minnesota Vikings

The Vikings uniforms are a modern classic. They might be Nike's third- or fourth-best redesign (Browns, Bucs, and Chargers).  

• Removed "horn' serif from left number. 
  • Facemask becomes gold.
  • White pants become yellow/white/purple to reflect white jersey.
  • Socks gain white and yellow striping to match.
  • Horn and sock stripe on Color Rush becomes yellow.

qV8L7pK.png

GvoDcCa.png

Archived