Tweaking ALL 32 NFL Uniforms

Indigo

16 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

qV8L7pK.png

Not feeling the yellow facemask. There's just not enough yellow on the rest of the uniform to prevent it from sticking out too much. I'd stick with black or purple for the main set, but it works alright with the color rush. That being said, you've got a solid series going so far. Well done!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, PERRIN said:

Not feeling the yellow facemask. There's just not enough yellow on the rest of the uniform to prevent it from sticking out too much. I'd stick with black or purple for the main set, but it works alright with the color rush. That being said, you've got a solid series going so far. Well done!

S7jXVAY.png

dDdajGg.png

Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens' current set is pretty good, but as I mentioned with Philly,  bright color + black > dull color + black. 

• Purple is brightened(and bluer) to contrast better with black.
  • Collar matches cuffs on all jerseys: purple on black, black on white & purple.
  • Pants stripes are modified: (home) black/gold/purple/gold/black, (road) black/white/gold/white/black.
  • Alternate black pants match helmet.
  • Socks become purple (black when necessary)

C&C is always welcome. Any suggestions for the next team?

goj559a.png

13evZXs.png

• 4 weeks later...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1.0

The Bucs made the right choice last season, going back to to the late 90's pewter uniforms. (Hey, it even won them a ring!) But creamsicle and pewter is an idea that, depending on the execution, can be either terrific or terrible.  

• Numbers become orange with a pewter & red outline on the road jersey, and white with a pewter & orange outline on the home.
  • Shoulder stripes match the number.
  • Pants stripe is white-red-orange-red-white, a nod to the original white creamsicle pants.
  • Facemask & socks become red.

j9xAWVr.png

rSnzmqd.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2.0

A white version is what i initially came up with, to be closer to the original creamsicles, but the inclusion of pewter led me to make pewter pants. However, I wanted to get as close to the original set while keeping pewter in the color scheme.

• Red and white jerseys are unchanged, while a new orange jersey becomes the primary road.
  • Numbers on road jersey are white with pewter & red outlines; same goes for the shoulder stripes.
  • Helmet & pants become white, with a red/pewter/orange/pewter/red stripe to match the road jersey.
  • Socks become red on main jerseys/orange on red alternate. 
  • New logo, orange replaces red, the flag is outlined in thick red, with the black elements replaced by pewter.

7OzVTCR.png

Em2hMcZ.png

Bm2lkFX.png

• 1 month later...

Denver Broncos

Denver may have looked 🔥 back in 1997, but those comically large side panels have aged as well as 25-year-old milk. With the fans clamoring for a return to royal, I've decided to make the best of both worlds.

• Horse head remains primary, but recolored in baby blue and bright orange.

JFTHS7j.png

• Color Rush uniform is recolored to resemble uniforms from 1989-1996.
  • White pants return, but with thicker stripes than the aforementioned set.
  • Blue alternate is a fauxback to unique shoulder designs on uniforms from 1965-1966
  • Striped socks return; 1989-96 socks on primaries, half orange-half blue on alternate. 

2ewirDV.png

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs haven't had any major uniform changes, and that's because the haven't had to. However, the one thing that annoys me is the use of black in the logo (and no yellow), but nowhere else in their branding. 

• Logo replaces the black with a yellow-and-red double outline.
  • The outline on "KC" becomes yellow.

LeGXMKi.png

• Facemask becomes yellow.
  • The stripes are now yellow-red-yellow when appearing on red (home jersey, road pants).
  • All-new all-white Color Rush puts an emphasis on yellow, with yellow numbers.
  • Color Rush gets shoulder trim to match the red-yellow-red striping all over the uniform.

vOyc0bG.png

On 7/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2.0

A white version is what i initially came up with, to be closer to the original creamsicles, but the inclusion of pewter led me to make pewter pants. However, I wanted to get as close to the original set while keeping pewter in the color scheme.

• Red and white jerseys are unchanged, while a new orange jersey becomes the primary road.
  • Numbers on road jersey are white with pewter & red outlines; same goes for the shoulder stripes.
  • Helmet & pants become white, with a red/pewter/orange/pewter/red stripe to match the road jersey.
  • Socks become red on main jerseys/orange on red alternate. 
  • New logo, orange replaces red, the flag is outlined in thick red, with the black elements replaced by pewter.

7OzVTCR.png

Em2hMcZ.png

Bm2lkFX.png

Yes please! This set should be their colors going forward!! I am not sure about the red on there though. Maybe just go back to orange and creamsicle? 

N3d5IIl.png

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins throwbacks are as close as you can get to a perfect football uniform.  

• Pants stripe now matches helmet stripe, similar to pants from 1986-1996.
  • Teal pants are added.
  • Orange alternate is added.
  • White socks are now paired with teal pants.

CxYmsSL.png

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Denver Broncos

Denver may have looked 🔥 back in 1997, but those comically large side panels have aged as well as 25-year-old milk. With the fans clamoring for a return to royal, I've decided to make the best of both worlds.

JFTHS7j.png

• Blue alternate is a fauxback to unique shoulder designs on uniforms from 1965-1966
  • Striped socks return; 1989-96 socks on primaries, half orange-half blue on alternate. 

2ewirDV.png

What if you kept the current helmet stripes (the three tapereds) but made them white/orange/white? 

Not sure if regular stripes would look good with the current logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

First Round of remixes!!

Arizona Cardinals 2.0

This thread is "Tweaking Existing Uniforms", but it's my thread, so I can break the rules.

• Helmet unchanged
  • Pants from 1996-2004 return.
  • Striped socks are added for the red pants.
  • Arizona flag on shoulders(from 1989-2004) returns, but is colorized in Cardinals' colors

spacer.png

spacer.png

personally i think you should return to a full color arizona flag on the away jerseys. i think it would just look better in general but the red on white monochrome deal you have going on looks a lot like the rising sun japanese flag. i also just like the use of arizonas flag in full color on the whites since the white uniforms are plainer.

9 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Denver Broncos

JFTHS7j.png

2ewirDV.png

I never understsood why people like the "D" logo. The current one is so much better. You did an outstanding job of taking the best of both eras. 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:42 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

First Round of remixes!!

Arizona Cardinals 2.0

This thread is "Tweaking Existing Uniforms", but it's my thread, so I can break the rules.

• Helmet unchanged
  • Pants from 1996-2004 return.
  • Striped socks are added for the red pants.
  • Arizona flag on shoulders(from 1989-2004) returns, but is colorized in Cardinals' colors

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the money look for sure. Perfect blend of Arizona's new school and old school. 

• 2 months later...

Seattle Seahawks

The Seahawks monochrome look isn't bad, per se, but it's grown a bit stale in the (almost) decade since it's introduction.

• I used a brighter blue, and the green from the 2000's Hasselbeck set to more closely mimic the original logo.

Vxxl2Bd.png

The entire set is meant to mimic the original 1983-2001 set

• Helmet & pants become gray, as a callback to the aformentioned set.
  • Sleeve stripes are made from streaks in logo, only this time extended to the chest, similar to current set.
  • Pants have a blue/white/green stripe to match shoulder stripes.

dC8LsCJ.png

OIR8tSe.png

On 8/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, WSU151 said:

What if you kept the current helmet stripes (the three tapereds) but made them white/orange/white? 

Not sure if regular stripes would look good with the current logo. 

spacer.png

On 8/30/2021 at 2:09 PM, Meshmaster101 said:

personally i think you should return to a full color arizona flag on the away jerseys. i think it would just look better in general but the red on white monochrome deal you have going on looks a lot like the rising sun japanese flag. i also just like the use of arizonas flag in full color on the whites since the white uniforms are plainer.

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't noticed how similar the monochrome flag was to Imperial Japan's flag. I tried to place the full-color logo on the sleeves, but I didn't like how much it stood out, so (as you can see below) I tweaked the rest of the set to fit around it.

Arizona Cardinals 3.0

• Logo uses navy and gold from Arizona state flag.

spacer.png

• Aside from new logo, helmet remains unchanged.
  • Full color Arizona flag is placed on the shoulders.
  • Pants' stripe becomes red/yellow/blue (blue/yellow/blue when on an red base) to mimic Arizona flag.

aUjFVEo.png

11 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

Interesting...thanks for doing that. Kinda looks good...but kinda looks like Florida Gators (which I hadn't thought about before). I guess best to keep the old stripes.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New York Giants 3.0

This offseason, the Giants released a new pair of white pants with a red Northwestern stripe to match the road jersey. Since they are straying even farther away from their "Big Blue" nickname, I decided to go full-throttle in that direction.

• Logo is always white, using a red outline when on a white base.

ro7Bpue.png

• Helmet becomes red with a white NW stripe. Grey facemask stays.
  • New red home jersey is the inverse of the road.
  • All-red football uniforms never look good (looking at you, KC), so no red pants this time around.

6eqfeO9.png

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Interesting...thanks for doing that. Kinda looks good...but kinda looks like Florida Gators (which I hadn't thought about before). I guess best to keep the old stripes.  

As a Gators fan myself, I didn't even notice it. I followed through with your request simply out of curiosity, but you're probably right. The Broncos got it right the first time.

Archived