NBA Redesign Concepts (Reverse Retro Coming Soon)

lgbaseball8

I decided to make some NBA concept jerseys that were a little more thoughtful than Nike's current sets. C+C are always welcome and encouraged! 

Atlanta Hawks

jopX1_LQNaNrY3LlmPhmKNkshl_wou_zFLxVrSHNZ_LZQyminGwQnmVpZyeo2JeCxTPNVpSZOwtRx0wjus-LQPP6BdJnmFq84DsIjnLbtjBfQRQtmJXslqwqu9LJuZMaSZ10lfDY

I’m so glad the Hawks got rid of volt green as an accent color. I wanted to give my take on the baby blue city jerseys. I believe this is a timeless look that would work in any era.

Boston Celtics

rqRik8PVkiRwIpDB8-98_bo1cGgl43LwFwxgcASCk7ruB347BtYn1MH2rfC9v6EtbiBFHEgfpfjz62foSHjbg01Ui384dyadOy8TdJwQGCtkMoeHXWDCSObrETyRn8lmYVOqO9Ik

A darker shade of green is the only major change here. The Celtics are a team with no need for an overhaul in their team identity. A gold-outlined reminiscent of the 1980’s shooting shirts is a subtle touch for an alternative look.

Brooklyn Nets

eQy5UGsgmfzCBu_MU92FHSsNOFP2BPdAUJQf9fdslr7BZA9Gav09OVDA1DOoQdEM5BgzaHpJwIso1sFrdr2Wb4vtDDD8mim9Cur2KH5HhqgfW6CyOH_dplvMrUJGtMR7MOVU70Um

A new “Nets” wordmark adds a little bit of contrast between the home and away looks. Overall, a clean look that receives minimal changes.

Charlotte Hornets

L1ZosH9HwaLXUDfquxCcPUr-ND2IRghSSSoZAJ5l_TiTTw7edA3UzlplbscDM83blUxIe8VpjoQRQ3MUcFjPffH2ld9bpwCiXqbHro632KPHWzL8FcqGwgyU1flr5Ou3Tdy4wjXh

The Hornets are a 90’s team, so I gave them 90’s-esque uniforms. Darker teal is used on the throwback white alternate as an accent.

Chicago Bulls

15rzSNNMrlnjHbOLWWDwJmFusdbkxdiB66VttzEOZE5_oQv3E2ByQ4rExtA5tCmEyv9Ja_g6VqU06bpcFATq8_qgclWjitCjZ4JandzMZK-9-guQLTsSAPkRniEjAUc30ts-pdOL

The block “Bulls” and script “Chicago” wordmarks are straightened out in these renditions of the Classic bulls looks. A black alternate is a welcome addition to the uniform lineup.

Cleveland Cavaliers

KtSv5vVdHREiWv-1bDrmjzoNfCuTga0C_DQzm31Ob73E_sdQx9WUWR6NrfPrbvlkovM9VpP7p0Wj1uXgPIY6WpL-T7QKUjnPfmoFnW7AytyOhiM1R9A0xGXr4cZAOzvGdhaE9SQC

The Cavs have had a very confusing identity for the better part of the 21st century. A removal of black and a return to navy helps to potentially straighten out these issues. A fauxback white uniform utilizes the retro 1970’s Cavs logo and colors.

Dallas Mavericks

Zbz7nHUydkAEQfW8UftDsf5tWm5ZFgF3zUiM-JMlHo69t7JtxjY9s2CtF54NkvxUXnCFZSc3h2R8Y2m4JBbQVB3pODg7G6XWDV2-DY_aOAlOjwwugBSxe58XTLRrTX_r4oz9oEm8

Another messy identity is straightened up with the use of only two different wordmarks. A kelly green alternate brings memories of the one used in the 2000’s.

Denver Nuggets

UW9r7NssOdJ4wOWb89tyA5aFl2ZIpbpmn3VxY7Un9zXKxhCC9SAIH2_8LR8wlRL23O-qNOguazHXZHmEVPHcKP3eJuQeMZ-Vtwqls6tDKu9cYfs3ccfSFdWFGU6XiFkfpbTxAa_A

Powder blue makes a return to the Nuggets repertoire, and another fauxback presents itself through the rainbow alternate.

Detroit Pistons

Vhs0cbIRZSFaKIYMvyYvWCU2mTPs3iWD1EmtTJ1t0fFM7Qax9pCD8u-YHUnYPhF_cssT284U74hlqEprI2coeP9Q58BN4ri_u1y0PiwdjVnM-_bB4WuFARgu9WzfnhTnWvugeq2F

The 80’s uniforms become the full time attire for Detroit, while the turquoise 90’s alternate becomes a throwback option.

Golden State Warriors

t8A37Ye0wJf-nGOGpOWKMiGvNRkP1ZlvF8CYPMmJMkwIQDZNwTEEa6ecfsj5W4zi44WBPeX30sDlsdohN10cT1aqlnTr2oQETAgK66pRRv8_y36qew9uSr7lsvlcVDVgONteOvwV

A western font was mixed with the Run TMC uniforms to create this look. The Warrior’s logo is too good not to be put on both the jersey and the shorts.

Houston Rockets

DFtAHjyfZb8YNZRVUQpSeuiNb12ua6JE_c0YDsrrhgewv8HfQq9jQBDpwumThxqMIxSzZf6Ov-s9jUvDudlIGemL2LlvLVRJAdJWblC0FCYwa417Jx5v1nXURzMDhGhmI-4QDalW

The panels on the home and away shorts offer a solar feel and the two alternate uniforms are, get this, more fauxbacks.

Indiana Pacers

Y-o4URryYsiF8JxOciz0Mn99DeX25A-C5WavqQV5mKVZHXkh0Oz3_vQtffOZId7WphRcVf_y1ty_h9eqTfZFROCF-iGm8JuPnlVxRT5uM2VHBZZiDoEX3zdEJLu0hJu61hUQPfbt

Elements like shorts stripes and the Indiana logo were taken from the Pacer’s current look while the wordmark and number font resemble past looks from Indiana.

Los Angeles Clippers

oQKESzf8AmdcOxrm-3_eFZXQ6E6dAKEUgDER12RtiOPzZOXuiudUHOiuBDZmxowbm3EK4jwPLE1XtGfvILI3XwEbSmqTArpPXMqKQNW8NuhyYos3pU7dnAFIl29YasgE1SAFQXmU

A rendition of the Clippers current wordmark is combined with their previous logo to create a uniform that is BFBS free.

Los Angeles Lakers

uCxwJVCPw-UFW3RRy7Sxdmqpvrwc_fBuUdYG-P0t6I3lxZYmmjHe429ydktgd4cZMMHUtnHjMQryD1IQi4OvITKQudAy-uf2ua4G3zAaEwu6vSJF-5hFFvLhtmAxbc7NsMLWZZXT

Not a whole lot of changes to see here. The black alternate pays tribute to Kobe Bryant.

Memphis Grizzlies

qg4l9qOJwzAwH4pMOLkXUqfYkOPJOWF1r9uTWmg3qihDmbiow2evyfy4Z3STLjz_iTXvkreplGSQ_hA9D4sWdaa6M66NsKOINrMA60ofKynw5dGh7XJ4iz8xEp72HNws6230KEP0

The Vancouver color scheme returns, however the wordmark is extremely simplified from the 90’s uniform. 

Miami Heat

g5ervnH4NifrKvl2aaVrMmyXbC4hqkwNXh6o8DaitCmnmT4_1GxUYAqu1ao4kBIX0XNL9UyqHWevRahVd-bk06aIBrPNi2rlDpGs9vMO1N0ECTqdyqiv_KesLu7Apxy6dHugXI_A

Bright red and orange symbolize the city of Miami much better than their current color scheme. The Vice alternate matches the rest of the uniforms much better in this redesign.

Milwaukee Bucks

At7nLPUhEv80T3R6QGT9TJnJUXGgt0ZxHRpIdtBdlkqP9j9B5UUgIAjA6S4jlAyKgT0OBpUQVlMgwH51OdhnT_1rd_wz0wQtdK6-cvHjZ2vK7pZeUuUPBnSWwEcirMFnk44fvKuE

A bright green returns along with the use of red as an accent color. The 4th uniform is a tribute to the Mecca, and its unique floor.

Minnesota Timberwolves

BrI7_wI80rGE2bod-oO09eAsqqKOVsafOG6VmykpyVl0ccJLRL4eKdQswB74AnsRa_sE03iSx-oKGbYr0YHMN52lTM7hVQxzEZCtpZaTUqBot6Qf1ekksuzwTbdQk3YZEPa84A4S

Neon green’s role is reduced to just an accent color, and for good reason.

New Orleans Pelicans

zoXvgax8gvSY_0bGmsEGcURDKJBJrOx3NcCeSpnhxRDxZL0_CAyBorY9N5URpBjt01NdDFbapPX1eX0W5V-33qwJRPmD-acYBrgrxC18YL-xXEvDW91eQF5_xJbyHp_EsZv-IhWG

A “New Orleans”wordmark becomes a bold aspect of the identity, while reds takes on a stronger role in the color scheme.

New York Knicks

SLY2oucdl5exY-ahLWwQG6urQtvWlq5_mjxxCD0pUPgHicp9LmcNC70v4reNY15Un-6eEackQ-4TsQJAPa4DpY-rRwvKzeEpuVZlJj9-xQRz9daPICCuhy7th68ITAyzADGeFeN3

Another classic look gets minor updates. A brand new white and navy alternate takes some inspiration from the Yankees unmistakable look.

Oklahoma City Thunder

aEKJGYfTtW22h9B8ZHwiP6Y9zcG5qJogAzpKGKGafNPQQlwWDtqwqon1YXynJ29mh5aNlRb1FU2qoxTsi3hIJvM2fwdBrOzYsl5QKa67ouKUZiF0UruB-eUTbNTQ6Dg3jCUjPozv

Navy takes on a more prominent role in this new modern look for the Thunder. 

Orlando Magic

aQ037q57K1Px76i7JqJ8T7wbMYobFy3-e3rUCPbx2yEoSruYGdkFHz5agLTmhJlAwqAn0EyWA_MKDin33tUWywEOqyFskwZ-gLOunAqKBK2PhqXWB4WsXnuqX9dmT213atDbynhK

Multiple eras of Magic basketball appear in this uniform set that features a lighter shade of blue and a gray alternate.

Philadelphia 76ers

zVbFshg9REP2f1qj-Kle5_Jz0XLEfRoc3hEEnd5GuN56xRgEeVrzCg27DiHdn6DTIAG5oNtv9ovZ53HGdwUKZvoMwJj-lAXmIdbIldd0hdIt4IfzjMcq7RiL6xVBGK86FFEpID50

Script wordmarks are on the forefront of these designs, along with the simplification of featuring only one logo.

Phoenix Suns

XHUu6jazLh_329y0MVj1IapnkDb3hqNX_1RQ54u_mcN2CpuEbejeNLc2jTXVfLHwE4RXi4wBvz2VH1cWJUOCwCcN6DlfRGEqICD__nA8ney6FN864tzsgdGL6iwb4s5wLGYr3d0d

A blend between the 1970’s and 90’s uniforms produces a look that features gray as a heavy accent color.

Portland Trailblazers

MVfv7_l_eEGW_Q9PGovDsqHqFWPTuAnF0iOa7XeYCEHs-kdagf05H1Zxbu81g09dTsi5vmK6Ylu2bf9-9g1RE47DWBb_XcjntzhaYb9YCbCnG03qytRMSNgGFCm8sWwZo68cXORo

This design offers a more clean, sleek approach to Portland’s identity. Gray is eliminated entirely from the set.

Sacramento Kings

aB4Iz8FKIS0RPZjFnY_Ak_tYeaFZAdZ9CdhNrujSRUDAOweiT4fJnQfax272eDyslFFQ-HeAvAoAEDYUL7AYlWRJDIMHUKkLJ_4QJh1-C7h0OaX7-OWGZXEXehZhGy6fyzF6xXRz

The script “Kings” font returns while black and gold alternates reminiscent of th 90’s also appear.

San Antonio Spurs

TJvfMd7XcUTI3VGvQmjFp5r6d90V8ZiWeXhoQ6MTH2e2wKZk-fFgv0LFQKcaM-_zixZ7PUZ4wffj5I9gQfm0CCl-aE0sV32zpfpd5E_cYdrO68fOpZf7Lv1UXDUt4AP0zgzg3u7m

A very solid NBA uniform receives minor tweaks. Gray is more prominently used as a main color.

Toronto Raptors

bp1EY0dXBi8fm--Xv5gttyzs2vkKSwClnd_lQlTB9gMGkb_xDoMwXdovMKehUTlJXFPLvLyWVxq8ls_mJYcquiRcBjXzl_z3Mi68gaax06WSuDwRYfOwDo8apsSQhurJupcMGyGo

The cartoon dino, along with purple return to bring back the classic 90’s look.

Utah Jazz

tFNx6oNUlxak1j02G_zrJtm1m2c_OfKx3oann1FhJ-fjqlbMAckF7INiXysTn2uTx15uJ3Rk2vr2lAs-7XGrWjlb7tuXWZdKfZMu2dFGk6zZolymXRc1kDlKgVCE0zqixeQhZHrW

Purple replaces navy, and a green uniform brings a Mardi Gras feel that connects with the “Jazz” name.

Washington Wizards

X74IZv0Kleo6FPN0zEXlBi53hsakFuSlMuKuGkcCofIOvav4HfeCJV3aN9IqcVPmE0PUc8c5ic_HjqAH5DURGEKC4jc2wPFwcyAHqMaPdGVQJtfxz64x2dtfYP0P3s4xmZFInAT_

Minimal changes to an underrated NBA uniform set. The white alternate is reminiscent of the “Bullets” days.

Okay, some of these (such as Dallas/Portland/Wizards/Memphis/Raptors) are legit. But some others like Boston and the Bucks can use a little work. The green on the Celtics is too dark and the green on the Bucks is too light. Second, while gray works for teams like the Spurs and Nets, teams like the Sixers, Heat and Jazz don't really need it. Third, I would give the Pelicans a Mardi-Gras type uniform, and lastly, I would give the Clippers a uniform that's either a reference to their days in Buffalo or a uni that's reminiscent of their days in San Diego. Other than that, these are some pretty good concepts.

2 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

Okay, some of these (such as Dallas/Portland/Wizards/Memphis/Raptors) are legit. But some others like Boston and the Bucks can use a little work. The green on the Celtics is too dark and the green on the Bucks is too light. Second, while gray works for teams like the Spurs and Nets, teams like the Sixers, Heat and Jazz don't really need it. Third, I would give the Pelicans a Mardi-Gras type uniform, and lastly, I would give the Clippers a uniform that's either a reference to their days in Buffalo or a uni that's reminiscent of their days in San Diego. Other than that, these are some pretty good concepts.

I fixed the shades of green on these Bucks and Celtics jerseys. I also eliminated red from Milwaukee's scheme in lieu of light green accents reminiscent of the 80's uniforms. I hope this is what you were envisioning.

q0ONMDQaq03U0Vo4aKAuz4bTHxVWz-ahK62QeymZdsZDnsY_bjuK7x-EX99OVDjWWdr3z9W56CIwizAGp-7ByNXa90BFT3u_vXTwlxWWuJa-gKnOJEABPD-B1fI_sjBL7redJcSL

GqO28sbrbN75MnkDyoWz-891gnmmczvU6HFmppVKy2cVDm4TbJICwOz5KV5pT25zfXeWtSPZIGQ4laYJmPjx3PZwpOlCiq99DYSCZ3dWsc1MBX2AePRRJM8OdlVqS9Raa-AOwa_I

3 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

These are also based off of your suggestions for the alternate uniforms.

edwVNtMNx2bTHokVLesyfWmzFT9zRaSWoAgxCaFaUHk9rNsRu2DMqslXgMHXRtFXQ_m69BOR3BX9Q_gAkgBjgE5LRRlknZnTQKBnI9CuOm5W2u3jtYGsw3yG-6AudtkfE93frZTf

3 hours ago, dscrocket5 said:

These are really good.  Id love to see some old School/modern mash ups like the NHL has done this year with their Jerseys

I agree. That might be my next thread. If you gave me a few teams I could do a few mash up concepts on this thread if you'd like.

• lgbaseball8 changed the title to NBA Redesign Concepts (Reverse Retro Coming Soon)

Archived