North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

21 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I kinda hope they don't go with a light blue uniform, only because we have so many of them right now in the league. I'd like to see them maybe use a sash or something other teams haven't been using. 

I'd rather have a light blue uniform than an all-black one. Plus, CLTFC's blue is very distinct from the rest of the league:

oaBWo9f.png

Ideally, we'd have a checkerboard or pinstriped kit.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

Hmm, that $50M spent on renovations at BoA Stadium could have been put towards building a SSS for Charlotte. 

Tepper really wants his domed, massive stadium, like Atlanta has, so it feels like this will be the last major renovation for BoA before we get that. Which is disappointing, because I much prefer outdoor games for both football and soccer.

55 minutes ago, QCS said:

Tepper really wants his domed, massive stadium, like Atlanta has, so it feels like this will be the last major renovation for BoA before we get that. Which is disappointing, because I much prefer outdoor games for both football and soccer.

You weren't kidding about Tepper's lust for a domed stadium. I read from the a 2019 Charlotte Business Journal article he wants that done in the next 10 years AND the taxpayers should fit the bill (no surprise on the last part). 

3 hours ago, QCS said:

I'd rather have a light blue uniform than an all-black one. Plus, CLTFC's blue is very distinct from the rest of the league:

oaBWo9f.png

Am I colorblind or is that Nashville color purple?

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, QCS said:

Does he want it on the NC or SC side of the border?

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

If he's smart, he'd put it Uptown, but if SC is willing to give him the money/tax breaks (they did for the practice facility) he wouldn't be afraid to put it in SC.

1 hour ago, QCS said:

If he's smart, he'd put it Uptown, but if SC is willing to give him the money/tax breaks (they did for the practice facility) he wouldn't be afraid to put it in SC.

Which cities in SC would be dumb enough to fork over that sort of money? Greenville? Columbia? Charleston?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Which cities in SC would be dumb enough to fork over that sort of money? Greenville? Columbia? Charleston?

They're building their new practice facility in the Charlotte suburb of Rock Hill, so I'd guess there.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Everything I've heard Tepper say on the subject has indicated that he'd like a new home for the Panthers - with a retractable roof to help lure the NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four to Charlotte - built as close as possible to the current site of Bank of America Stadium. As a result, he's been eyeing Charlotte Pipe and Foundry Company's 55-acre Uptown Charlotte site since 2019. With the plumbing systems manufacturer having announced the relocation of its headquarters to the Town of Oakboro in Stanly County, their Uptown site - located less than a mile from Bank of America Stadium - is in play.

That said, it's all going to come down to the cost of acquiring the necessary land and constructing the stadium. Tepper's going to be looking for at least some public investment in the project, so whichever public entity is willing to pony up the most dough may well have an impact upon which side of the NC-SC border the facility winds up on.      

12 hours ago, QCS said:

oaBWo9f.png

Not sure its changed or not, but I remember a discussion on here that established that some of these shades are inaccurate

https://www.si.com/soccer/2021/04/16/us-soccer-open-cup-canceled

US Open Cup is being reported as being put on hold as of this afternoon. They should go ahead and cancel it because the way they planned on picking the MLS teams, points after the first three weeks, made the least amount of sense. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2021/04/16/us-soccer-open-cup-canceled

US Open Cup is being reported as being put on hold as of this afternoon. They should go ahead and cancel it because the way they planned on picking the MLS teams, points after the first three weeks, made the least amount of sense. 

I love the US Open Cup, but the schedule's too congested this year for it to be effective. Especially in a Gold Cup year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Are these the first games to be played in the Miami MLS stadium? It looks awesome on TV.

Unsurprisingly, the Florida-based stadium seems full enough and not a mask to be seen.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Are these the first games to be played in the Miami MLS stadium? It looks awesome on TV.

They played there last year as well.  That's the "temporary" stadium in Ft. Lauderdale on the site of the former Lockhart Stadium.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

23 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So where are Toronto, CF Montreal and Vancouver playing this year?

Until pandemic-related border-crossing issues are resolved, the club's in question will be playing their respective home matches at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida; DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; and Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT.

Archived