North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

FC Cincinnati and Total Quality Logistics (TQL) have signed a naming rights partnership for West End Stadium

Ezgm1rOWQAQYC9c?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So far reaction by many fans, including myself, has been very poor. TQL is a local company but is known for their hostile work environment, high turnover rate, and unreliable service. Last year when the company had to shut down during the pandemic, rather than move employees remotely, they fired 700, without notice, severance, and health insurance. They also didnt cancel a 1 year no compete clause. While yes this is a business deal, it was a bad move in my opinion. Many have said they will continue to call it West End Stadium regardless.

Signature intentionally left blank

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, Dilbert said:

FC Cincinnati and Total Quality Logistics (TQL) have signed a naming rights partnership for West End Stadium

Ezgm1rOWQAQYC9c?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So far reaction by many fans, including myself, has been very poor. TQL is a local company but is known for their hostile work environment, high turnover rate, and unreliable service. Last year when the company had to shut down during the pandemic, rather than move employees remotely, they fired 700, without notice, severance, and health insurance. They also didnt cancel a 1 year no compete clause. While yes this is a business deal, it was a bad move in my opinion. Many have said they will continue to call it West End Stadium regardless.

TQL wanted to partner with a team whose turnover is worse than their own. FOLKS!

The horror stories I've heard at TQL. I've known at least 10 people who worked there out of college and none of them were there longer than a year. One of my friends worked there for 11 days. It's hell on earth. Recruiters kept telling me "I have an exciting entry level job in sales" and I'd be like "if it's TQL I'd rather stuff burritos at Chipotle." They're advertising not to sell their services, but to recruit new suckers to work there because they've nearly exhausted the local market and recent college grads are getting wise. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

In case you're a person who uses Hulu Live TV and has an active ESPN+ subscription, the Hulu/ESPN+ integration is awesome. Rather than hunting through the ESPN app for MLS feeds (that sometimes work, sometimes require me to log in -- again -- to my ESPN account), the Hulu app just works. It makes MLS games feel less like an add-on and more like regular, over-the-air TV.

Nice work to all involved.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2020 Chicharito: Junk

2021 Chicharito: 5 goals in 2 games.

I hate the Galaxy, but happy to see him doing well.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Does Club America have the most ambitious logo of all time?

N1xVR2F.png

I appreciate a club that calls itself "America" and actually includes ALL of America... (sure the map isn't perfect)

I saw, I came, I left.

Watching a USL match on ESPN2 right now. Phoenix vs San Diego. First time seeing Phoenix's home venue. Nice little stadium they've got there.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I dont know whats worse. FC Cincinnati or my kidney stone Im currently dealing with. At least my kidney stone will eventually pass.

On the bright side FCC opens this beauty in 15 days

E0ULASnWUAAtbut?format=jpg&name=large

Signature intentionally left blank

14 hours ago, Dilbert said:

I dont know whats worse. FC Cincinnati or my kidney stone Im currently dealing with. At least my kidney stone will eventually pass.

On the bright side FCC opens this beauty in 15 days

FC Cincinnati is worse, because even your kidney stone would easily be able to stop Tesho from scoring. I have no idea how that happened, he's consistently the worst player on the field.

ExJworW.png

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Neither are the fans who are being required to wear certain color shirts so the tarps can be superimposed over them.

Are you serious? That's insane.

I'm okay with the players being walking billboards, but unless I'm getting a free ticket, that's not for me.

I’m old enough to remember when the teams who used tarps were mercilessly roasted as failures in MLS. Now everybody wants tarps! Even by the standards of owners crying pandemic poverty...god, have a little dignity.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

And in CCL Semifinal action, it is Cruz Azul v. Monterrey and Philadelphia v. America in August. I predict a Cruz Azul v. America final.

For what it is worth, there was no mention of the MLS club defeats on the main MLSsoccer webpage. I had to go to the CCL competition page for recaps. Sour grapes I suppose for having three of the four MLS clubs eliminated from the tournament. Doesn't help that there was going to be an MLS winner from the Philadelphia v. Atlanta tilt.

There is still a long way to go for MLS clubs to compete against Mexican clubs.

7 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

And in CCL Semifinal action, it is Cruz Azul v. Monterrey and Philadelphia v. America in August. I predict a Cruz Azul v. America final.

For what it is worth, there was no mention of the MLS club defeats on the main MLSsoccer webpage. I had to go to the CCL competition page for recaps. Sour grapes I suppose for having three of the four MLS clubs eliminated from the tournament. Doesn't help that there was going to be an MLS winner from the Philadelphia v. Atlanta tilt.

There is still a long way to go for MLS clubs to compete against Mexican clubs.

Columbus missing their best player for a BS yellow didn't help, but with 2-2 from Columbus I didn't expect much. Especially when Gyasi has a shoulder issue and had to come off at half. Atlanta shouldn't have been in the competition and if they get put in as the Open Cup champ for 2 years in a row, whoever loses out should complain. I really wish the refereeing would improve as well. If a team commits 18 fouls and gets 1 yellow card, the other team that committed 6 shouldn't have 2. If MLS starts on time next year the MLS squads will be a bit more up to speed by the time this tournament starts. That's what has cost them the last few years, more so than the bad calls that seem to happen in every game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wilf Family, Orlando MLS Club Nearing Sale in $400-$450 million range – Sportico.com

The Wilf family, owners of the Minnesota Vikings, are nearing an agreement to purchase Major League Soccer’s Orlando City SC from Flávio Augusto da Silva, according to multiple people familiar with the talks.

The deal, which includes the team’s stadium and the NWSL’s Orlando Pride, could be announced as early as next week, according to the people, who were granted anonymity because the negotiations are private. It will likely close in the $400-$450 million range, depending on the final structure.

The family includes Vikings principal owner and chairman Zygi Wilf, Vikings president and co-owner Mark Wilf (Zygi’s brother) and Vikings vice-chairman and co-owner Leonard Wilf (Zygi’s cousin). The Wilfs are also minority partners in MLS club Nashville SC and would need to sell that stake should this deal close.

Archived