North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

Today's the hottest June day in Seattle's history (sure to broken again tomorrow), so I don't have anything to do but sit in a dark basement and watch sports.

ESPN+'s broadcast of ATL/NYRB was choppy as hell, and near-unwatchable. In contrast, and shockingly, NYCFC/DC is being broadcast in 4K! I know it's less ESPN+ than Bally and YES Networks respectively, but still Huge difference.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This looks incredible:

The atmosphere, that is. Nice goal too!

I'm surprised Seattle hadn't done that yet.  I don't like the flashing strobe light thing, it gives me headaches, but the fans were in to it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

26 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm surprised Seattle hadn't done that yet.  I don't like the flashing strobe light thing, it gives me headaches, but the fans were in to it. 

Seattle was clearly the best in-person fan experience for a long while, but it's time has definitely passed. Sounders game ops need to step it up.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Seattle was clearly the best in-person fan experience for a long while, but it's time has definitely passed. Sounders game ops need to step it up.

What's wrong with Seattle's game day experience? 

45 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

What's wrong with Seattle's game day experience? 

Nothing per se. It's very much sit and watch the game and enjoy it. Plus the team is generally pretty good!

We just don't have the whizbang stuff you see in some of the newer stadiums. Plus, the Sounders play in a football stadium that's half empty most of the time. Seattle remains well attended for MLS, but the gap is narrowing.

31 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nothing per se. It's very much sit and watch the game and enjoy it. Plus the team is generally pretty good!

We just don't have the whizbang stuff you see in some of the newer stadiums. Plus, the Sounders play in a football stadium that's half empty most of the time. Seattle remains well attended for MLS, but the gap is narrowing.

Shows how out of touch with MLS I've become. I still remember visiting Seattle about 9 years ago and it was an incredible experience. Of course at the time my usual game day experience was Buck Shaw Stadium in Santa Clara and my usual away games were to see the Earthquakes play the Galaxy or Chivas in LA, which while the first of the modern SSS models (after the el cheapo experiment in Columbus) has never been a particularly great SSS. And the Chivas game day experience was at best muted, at worst during the last years was as dead as the team. 

I can’t stand all the friggin goal score strobelights now. LED fixtures were a mistake! Columbus just brought out a jackhammer and Frankie Hejduk is holding up a cinderblock in their new stadium. It’s all a little try-hard if you ask me. 

(Otherwise the new Crew stadium looks cool as hell, I cannot believe they nearly took the field at this place wearing a crest AND a name on their jerseys that they don’t even use anymore.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

55 minutes ago, Digby said:

I can’t stand all the friggin goal score strobelights now. LED fixtures were a mistake! Columbus just brought out a jackhammer and Frankie Hejduk is holding up a cinderblock in their new stadium. It’s all a little try-hard if you ask me. 

(Otherwise the new Crew stadium looks cool as hell, I cannot believe they nearly took the field at this place wearing a crest AND a name on their jerseys that they don’t even use anymore.)

The concrete jackhammering is SO dumb. I'm glad they're having fun, but it looks really stupid.

The new Crew stadium looks good but as a FC Cincinnati fan im partial to say ours looks better. The jackhammer celebration is a bit much. Its three supporters dressed as construction workers with no training using a jackhammer and not wearing steel toe shoes. Somewhere OSHA is screaming.

Meanwhile an FCC draw last night in Houston is for me considered a win. A three game road trip resulting in 7 points is a huge success in my book. On to Hell Is Real on Friday at The Tickle.

Signature intentionally left blank

On 7/3/2021 at 6:12 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The concrete jackhammering is SO dumb. I'm glad they're having fun, but it looks really stupid.

I LOVE it! Do the dumbest thing possible long enough to let people have nostalgia for it. Wise men plant trees they'll never sit under or whatever that saying is. Just, you know, apply that very good saying to this very stupid thing.

Also, I might be thinking that I should have held out longer for picking a favorite MLS team. Maybe I should have held out to go all in on Tennessee pro teams, but also I kind of weirdly hate the Titans (a thing nobody does), so I don't know.

22 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The new Crew stadium looks good but as a FC Cincinnati fan im partial to say ours looks better. The jackhammer celebration is a bit much. Its three supporters dressed as construction workers with no training using a jackhammer and not wearing steel toe shoes. Somewhere OSHA is screaming.

I saw an image of them, I don't know how well trained they are, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt they are wearing steel toe shoes...  I am more concerned they are not wearing gloves. 

Now, the Crew should find a way to bring in Bill Goldberg for an appearance.

I saw, I came, I left.

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I LOVE it! Do the dumbest thing possible long enough to let people have nostalgia for it. Wise men plant trees they'll never sit under or whatever that saying is. Just, you know, apply that very good saying to this very stupid thing.

Also, I might be thinking that I should have held out longer for picking a favorite MLS team. Maybe I should have held out to go all in on Tennessee pro teams, but also I kind of weirdly hate the Titans (a thing nobody does), so I don't know.

If that ain't about the most stereotypically Nashville thing ever right there...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, Dilbert said:

Meanwhile an FCC draw last night in Houston is for me considered a win. A three game road trip resulting in 7 points is a huge success in my book. On to Hell Is Real on Friday at The Tickle.

umm the team has said they actually DO get training

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

18 hours ago, RichardWitham said:

umm the team has said they actually DO get training

Judging by how cleanly the bricks are cut too, they're probably made to break quickly and evenly, otherwise you wouldn't have such a nice break no matter how well a person can use one of those. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, Sport said:

I like the Celebrity Shredder of the game idea, but I don't get Soccer Moses. What is that all about? 

Nashville has had a habit of "reappropriating" Bible themes into its sports space. For the longest time the Predators had the "In Gold We Trust" thing going on,  now this with the "Let My People Goal" thing.  (Strangely--or fortunately--enough, the Titans never partook in any of that, much to their credit.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived