Jump to content

North American Pro Soccer 2021


Brian in Boston
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just when I thought they couldn't beat the chart topping hit of "Blow a 2-0 Lead to the Crew While Playing Man Up At Home", FC Cincinnati goes and releases Friday night's banger, "Allow 2 Goals in Two Minutes to the Blow the Lead and the Tie in the 82nd Minute". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The team honestly should have just dropped Stam off at the field with the Hell is Real sign and just left him there. Fans at this point are getting restless. They want change and they dont want to wait to the end of the season. They want a win, a win at home and Stam and Vermeer gone. The novelty of the team is wearing off. The season ticket renewals are going out now and im hearing many are not renewing because they are tired of the teams inept ability to correct their mistakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a difference eleven and a half weeks - and an eight-game winless streak - makes to a player's prospects. Once reportedly the object of desire at the root of a transfer tussle between Everton and Tottenham Hotspur of England's Premier League, LAFC's Diego Rossi has been reduced to being linked to Fenerbahçe of Turkey's Süper Lig.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The team honestly should have just dropped Stam off at the field with the Hell is Real sign and just left him there. Fans at this point are getting restless. They want change and they dont want to wait to the end of the season. They want a win, a win at home and Stam and Vermeer gone. The novelty of the team is wearing off. The season ticket renewals are going out now and im hearing many are not renewing because they are tired of the teams inept ability to correct their mistakes.

 

That Stam guy needs to go. I don't understand why he keeps playing Vermeer. 

 

Enthusiasm is already waining and the new stadium is the only thing getting people there now. That seems mostly like people using season tickets. I went to the first game against Miami and have had a schedule that seems to tie me up for every home game so I haven't had a chance to get back, but for the few games I have been available I haven't been compelled to go. I expect a big dropoff next season when people don't renew. If they don't win next season and win early it's going to be bad. Their MLS record in home games in front of actual crowds is 3-8-14. They haven't won a home game in front of fans in literally over 2 years. If you buy a ticket to an FC Cincinnati game you have a 12% chance of seeing a win. Even the :censored:ing Bengals give their home fans a better shot at seeing a win. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sport said:

 

That Stam guy needs to go. I don't understand why he keeps playing Vermeer. 

 

Enthusiasm is already waining and the new stadium is the only thing getting people there now. That seems mostly like people using season tickets. I went to the first game against Miami and have had a schedule that seems to tie me up for every home game so I haven't had a chance to get back, but for the few games I have been available I haven't been compelled to go. I expect a big dropoff next season when people don't renew. If they don't win next season and win early it's going to be bad. Their MLS record in home games in front of actual crowds is 3-8-14. They haven't won a home game in front of fans in literally over 2 years. If you buy a ticket to an FC Cincinnati game you have a 12% chance of seeing a win. Even the :censored:ing Bengals give their home fans a better shot at seeing a win. 

 

With the GM and Staam gone I'd expect FC Cincinnati to be in a lot better place next year. I think they need a new goalkeeper and maybe a DM to help that backline. Is it possible they can find those guys in the league? Maybe Cleveland becomes available when Frei gets back to health in Seattle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

With the GM and Staam gone I'd expect FC Cincinnati to be in a lot better place next year. I think they need a new goalkeeper and maybe a DM to help that backline. Is it possible they can find those guys in the league? Maybe Cleveland becomes available when Frei gets back to health in Seattle. 

 

I don't know much about soccer, but they have that Tyton guy and every time I watch him he's better than Vermeer. Tyton's been hurt a lot, but he's been available the last couple games. I don't get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what Ive heard regarding the Tyton/Vermeer situation is that  Stam believes Tyton is more prone to injury than Vermeer.  Vermeers salary is bigger than Tytons so normally it would make sense to start him over Tyton on a financial standpoint, however Vermeers salary is paid by LAFC this year. Also since Stam, Vermeer and former GM Nijkamp are all Dutch the whole conspiracy of Dutch favoritism over Tyton who is Polish. Last season it would not have made sense to sit Tyton because he was an international spot, but during the offseason he got his green card so that is no longer an issue. Both keepers are okay but arent great. Fans seem to prefer Tyton. Personally I would like to see Ben Lundt get a chance in goal. He was just called up from loan with Phoenix in the USL and has spent the past couple seasons on loan to Louisville in the USL. He has been one of the top keepers in the USL so I think its time we see if he can equate his success in MLS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

MLS site says that'll be a 4:30 EST start on Fox, so I'm assuming Fox also has the early NFL game and that would actually probably be a pretty smart TV lead-in. Is the prime TV spot worth the twin gamble of going head-to-head with another NFL game and torpedoing the stadium attendance/atmosphere (depending who's hosting, but if it's Foxboro or Colorado, yikes)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

 

 

These two have taken pokes at each other for years, so not surprising that they're taking this to Twitter. I wonder how much of this is the team saying you can't do that, or the supporters not getting the amount of tickets they wanted for the game? Austin has been overcharging away fans this year, $70 or more depending on the team,  to keep them out of the stadium so I wonder if they tried to overcharge FC Dallas like they have the fans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Digby said:

qm5yyhxqfa2l1nlc0jxh.png

 

Thanksgiving playoffs!

Friday makes more sense, except now you're dealing with college football. They're stuck in a hole no matter what day they play that week. Wednesday was probably considered to be worse than Thursday so they bit the bullet. I'm betting that they will want that game to be played in Kansas City, New York (RBA) or LAFC/LA Galaxy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

These two have taken pokes at each other for years, so not surprising that they're taking this to Twitter. I wonder how much of this is the team saying you can't do that, or the supporters not getting the amount of tickets they wanted for the game? Austin has been overcharging away fans this year, $70 or more depending on the team,  to keep them out of the stadium so I wonder if they tried to overcharge FC Dallas like they have the fans?

 

A bit surprising since the people who own FC Dallas own the Kansas City Chiefs and the Chiefs fans are treated well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This years NWSL Championship game will be hosted in Portland, Oregon and will be broadcast live on CBS on November 20. The problem, most of the teams, and players have is that the game is at Noon Eastern time, 9 am Pacific.  The reason for the early start time is because the game is being broadcast on CBS the only time they could get was early morning because college football will be on in the afternoon. Most teams have their pregame meals at least four hours prior to kickoff. With proper sleep and nutrition important in sports, the players say they would rather have the game not broadcast if it meant playing at a better start time. They believe the 9 am start is not safe and absurd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FC Cincinnati finally got their first win at The Tickle. A rare and elusive win in a battle for the Wooden Spoon against Toronto FC. They hadnt won at home in over a year (July 2020) and in front of home fans in over two years (July 2019) and hadnt won a game this year in over two months (June 26, 2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 10:51 PM, Dilbert said:

FC Cincinnati finally got their first win at The Tickle. A rare and elusive win in a battle for the Wooden Spoon against Toronto FC. They hadnt won at home in over a year (July 2020) and in front of home fans in over two years (July 2019) and hadnt won a game this year in over two months (June 26, 2020)

 

I was there! Very fun night for the "Sons of Skyline".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.