North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New England Revolution currently at 69 points (nice!) after their 3-2 win last night against DCU (not so nice).  They have three matches left to eclipse the most points in an MLS season (72 by Los Angeles FC in 2019). Here is their remaining schedule:

• 24-Oct: @ Orlando
  • 27-Oct: vs. Colorado
  • 07-Nov: vs. Miami

Can New England beat LAFC's final point total?

A win, a draw and a loss should do it, which seems perfectly reasonable to expect. Though that's two teams fighting for their lives, plus Miami on the last day of the season after a 10-day layoff so random weirdness might happen.

And then they get the reward of three momentum-killing weeks off before a meaningful playoff game. Congrats, 1-seeds!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Wanna know how bad things are in Cincy? Supporters in The Bailey broke out in a game of Uno when Chicago was up 2-0. Meanwhile FIFA is in town today to evaluate the city for possible hosting duties in the 2026 World Cup.

spacer.png

Signature intentionally left blank

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I'm not really surprised by this. I know San Antonio FC fans are not happy to be losing a local league rivalry. Now the closest one is in the RGV and El Paso, since MLS 2 teams will be leaving the league and most weren't in the USL Championship this year.  They still do like giving Austin FC crap when they get throttled at home, but we'd rather have the ability to play them in games other than just friendlies. Hopefully the US Open Cup is back next year to open that possibility back up. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Meanwhile at the opposite end of the table FC Cincinnati clinched their third consecutive Anthony Precourt Memorial Wooden Spoon.  In true FCC fashion, FCC blew a 3-1 lead losing to Nashville 6-3.

spacer.png

Signature intentionally left blank

11 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Meanwhile at the opposite end of the table FC Cincinnati clinched their third consecutive Anthony Precourt Memorial Wooden Spoon.  In true FCC fashion, FCC blew a 3-1 lead losing to Nashville 6-3.

spacer.png

It's perfect. I didn't watch the game last night. Rewatched Dune instead, but I saw they had a 3-1 lead with like 60 minutes left and I thought "no way that holds". It was 3-2 going into the half and I said "they're gonna lose that game.". When I saw the final score this morning I actually laughed out loud. 

I find their games incredibly frustrating because they're clearly bad, but I don't know enough about soccer to understand why they're bad or how to fix it. Hopefully this new GM has some answers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 10/27/2021 at 8:03 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I'm not really surprised by this. I know San Antonio FC fans are not happy to be losing a local league rivalry. Now the closest one is in the RGV and El Paso, since MLS 2 teams will be leaving the league and most weren't in the USL Championship this year.  They still do like giving Austin FC crap when they get throttled at home, but we'd rather have the ability to play them in games other than just friendlies. Hopefully the US Open Cup is back next year to open that possibility back up. 

Fort Worth isn't too far away, especially compared to El Paso

3 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

Fort Worth isn't too far away, especially compared to El Paso

Not really, but it sucks if the game is in the middle of a school week.  With no team next year I think the next closest team in RGV Toros. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, Needschat said:

And already calls for the team to be named Kentucky FC 

KFC, sponsored by KFC. It just makes too much sense.  (I mean after all, Hell's Half Acre ain't too far south of Lex after all...)

On 10/14/2021 at 2:45 PM, Dilbert said:

Yes, but Las Vegas is growing too and at a faster and larger rate than Atlanta. 

And with far less water. That's the main thing that concerns me with Vegas (and Phoenix for that matter, but that's a different issue). What are they going to start doing...drinking all the water out of the fountains out front of the Bellagio??

On 10/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, Dilbert said:

Meanwhile FIFA is in town today to evaluate the city for possible hosting duties in the 2026 World Cup.

If that happens and they win it, Cincinnati's cover will officially be blown. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Bill Foley, owner of the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights, has revealed that he will not be heading up efforts to bring a Major League Soccer club to Las Vegas.

Foley told Mick Ackers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal that though his being lead investor in a general partnership that would bring an MLS franchise to Southern Nevada interested him, "it looks like the league is going to go in a different direction".

Foley further identified the site for a soccer-specific stadium to host the team as being a 110-acre plot of land on Las Vegas Boulevard between Warm Springs and Blue Diamond Roads. The area  is also slated to play host to a passenger terminal on a proposed high-speed rail line between Southern California and Southern Nevada. Said rail system is a project being advanced by Brightline, a rail company owned by Fortress Investment Group, itself co-founded by billionaire Wes Edens... who just so happens to be one of the parties that MLS has been in communication with about the possibility of owning a Las Vegas-based team.

Knights' Foley no longer leading charge to bring MLS to Las Vegas

Archived