North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

6 hours ago, DEAD! said:

They should have reverted back to the "Ontario Raiders"

Agree the team should be called Ontario.  However, the Rock brand is more established than their brief existence as the Raiders.  I think calling the team Ontario Rock would have been a good decision.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville City continues to show why they are one of the best teams in the USL. 7 seasons of play and 7 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals. They will have a tough test at the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

Signature intentionally left blank

On 11/10/2021 at 8:55 PM, Dilbert said:

If I had to guess they will either build their own home somewhere or use Swangard Stadium (home of the Whitecaps prior to USL) or Thunderbird Stadium (home of UBC)

Ownership for the team apparently also operates Pacific FC. The ownership group has stated that they plan on building an 8,000 seat stadium.

17 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Louisville City continues to show why they are one of the best teams in the USL. 7 seasons of play and 7 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals. They will have a tough test at the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

San Antonio FC have made it to the Western Conference Final after getting tripped up at the first step of the playoffs last year. They've been hot for a good minute now so hopefully they can get pace OC FC. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, MJWalker45 said:

San Antonio FC have made it to the Western Conference Final after getting tripped up at the first step of the playoffs last year. They've been hot for a good minute now so hopefully they can get pace OC FC. 

It sucks for San Antonio FC that they are not in MLS.  They can thank the Frat Boy who owns Austin FC for them not going to MLS.  

30 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It sucks for San Antonio FC that they are not in MLS.  They can thank the Frat Boy who owns Austin FC for them not going to MLS.  

Yup. I actually had someone from the AO chapter here ask why I'd never make a trip to that guy's stadium.  Even the American Outlaws apparently have been doing a lot of revised story telling of how Austin FC came to be. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Fun MLS Cup 2022 Predictions:

Round One

West:

2) Seattle over 7) Real Salt Lake

3) Sporting Kansas City over 6) Vancouver

4) Portland over 5) Minnesota

East:

3) Nashville over 6) Orlando

5) Atlanta over 4) NYCFC

7) NY Red Bulls over 2) Philadelphia

Conference Semifinals
West:

1) Colorado over 4) Portland

2) Seattle over 3) Sporting Kansas City

East:

5) Atlanta over 1) New England

3) Nashville over 7) NY Red Bulls

Conference Finals

West:

2) Seattle over 1) Colorado

East:

3) Nashville over 5) Atlanta

MLS Cup Final

2) Seattle over 3) Nashville

The Club de Foot Montreal rebrand drama continues. Earlier someone leaked information from a meeting between Joey Saputo and the CF Montreal front office and some members of the supporters groups. Lets just say Joey put his (Club) Foot down.  Here is a google translate of what the supporter said.:

I was teaching after the meeting, so I wasn't able to give a fuller debrief sooner. Present for the club in addition to Joey were Salvatore, Renard, Mabee and two ticket agents. Joey did at least 90% of the floor for their side. Joey has been very clear, the name and the rebrand will not change. Joey wasn't open to any compromise on this. He does not understand why we are unhappy with the change. For him, it's the same team with a different name. According to him, he is ready to work with us in the future, but we have to accept the rebrand. According to him, "we need to move on."

We argued a lot about this. Joey has said some very blunt words about the fact that there aren't enough of us or lucrative enough to have a say in such decisions and that if we think the stadium is full because of us, then we overestimate our influence. They are also still angry with the events of the TFC game and we also had a fight about that and what is acceptable behavior in the stadium. They said the TFC game was MLS's worst incident this year, Joey was embarrassed to be called by MLS about it and MLS could impose a closed stadium if there were more incidents like this -this. Mabee gave us a talk about regulation as always! :)

We discussed other things like ticket sales and what they claim to be good merchandise sales. Joey claimed to have sold as many jerseys this year as in the past 4 years combined. I am a little skeptical of their claims, but we do not have access to the figures. I think they won't open 132 for Sunday but it wasn't clear. Anyway, I don't think any of the groups in 132 have to go to 132 or anywhere else in the stadium but they can all make their own decisions. We spoke for 2.5 hours, but after the first 10 minutes of Joey stating his position, there wasn't much to negotiate. I am very satisfied with the performance of all members of the negotiating team and we did our best to try to reach a compromise, but there was nothing to negotiate.

Gilmore was a problem but he wasn't the only problem, Joey was completely okay with what he was doing. Personally, I no longer see myself returning to the stadium. Joey is a rich guy with a club and he'll do whatever he wants with it. It's not our club, it's Joey's club and he said that very clearly during the meeting. If it's not our club, I have no interest in going to matches. I think UM and ASUP groups that want to keep KOP alive next year need to find local clubs to support.

I forgot that they also want to have a fan section with us together with 1642. We didn't agree with that. Joey also said something interesting. After the whole meeting that told us that our being at the stadium wasn't a big part of selling tickets, he said if we stop coming, don't blame him if he ends up selling the team and that she moved to the United States. We said in this case Montreal would get a CPL team but he said if we went to a game we wouldn't like the level of play to which we replied that there were other things more important than the level of play.

The Club has now responded

FEbvEXnXMAM46oc?format=jpg&name=large

9 minutes ago, QCS said:

Sounds like a rich :censored:hole who can't get over his own ego to fix his mistakes and accept the fact that people other than him might be invested in the team.

At least Columbus decided to back off after the initial fan outrage.

CF Montréal just looks like a disaster at this point, both on and off the field. Even though Impact is a trash-tier name, a new owner would have to bring it back just as a show of confidence.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:27 PM, Dilbert said:

The Club de Foot Montreal rebrand drama continues. Earlier someone leaked information from a meeting between Joey Saputo and the CF Montreal front office and some members of the supporters groups. Lets just say Joey put his (Club) Foot down.  Here is a google translate of what the supporter said.:

Saputo has been in way over his head since day one of entering MLS. I always thought maybe the country AND language barrier was just too much obstacle for that club to consistently function correctly, but it seems like more of a case of a minor-league power just being in over their heads at the top-tier level. It's not unusual in MLS to have an ill-advised rebrand backfire enormously, clearly, but combine that with the generally poor play, inability to retain top talent, blah attendance, poor merchandise sales, all this in an enormous market... just seems rotten to me. Good luck in the CPL.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Lots of events this past weekend.

Washington Spirit capture their first NWSL title.

Union Omaha capture their first USL League One title.

Orange County SC and Tampa Bay advance to the USL Championship Final.

MLS Cup playoffs began.

Detroit City end their NISA run as they prepare to move to the highly more credible USL Championship. Their final game was at their NISA rival Michigan Stars. While Detroit easily won and outdrew fans of the home Stars. It was the Stars joke of an owner (one of the many jokes of NISA) who once again made headlines as he has done several times before.  As Detroit City supporters were exiting the gates, the Stars owner George Juncaj waited at the gate trying to start a fight against several supporters. His wife Shelley apparently knocked a phone out of a supporters hands trying to film the altercation.

Detroit City may not be the only club defecting from NISA for the USL. Rumors are going around that Chicago House will also be moving up.

Edit: Sorry Canada, I almost forgot about yall.

Montreal beat Toronto for the Canadian Championship

The CPL Final is now set between Pacific FC and Forge FC

Out goes one TFC MLS cup

piece to make way for another (rumour is the Giovincco is returning). 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On the one hand, those Toronto FC teams shoe have won more than one cup.

On the other, the Sounders beat them twice in the championship game, so I'm okay with it.

I really like Jozy. Excited to see where he goes next. Presumably an LA team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

On the one hand, those Toronto FC teams shoe have won more than one cup.

On the other, the Sounders beat them twice in the championship game, so I'm okay with it.

I really like Jozy. Excited to see where he goes next. Presumably an LA team.

Don’t remind me……lol. 

yeah. I suspect he’ll link back up with Vanney 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived