Jump to content

North American Pro Soccer 2021


Brian in Boston
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

 

Glad to see Rochester finally join the MLS fold in some capacity. They were once considered to land an expansion club during MLS 1.0.

Too bad it's with that crap logo, but good to see a team playing there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nice work Timbers fans. Throwing bottles and hitting NYCFC in the face. Bush league actions for a bush league franchise in a bush league stadium.


The Man City farm team who plays on a baseball diamond is not the home team!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Digby said:


The Man City farm team who plays on a baseball diamond is not the home team!

 

I know that you know that I know that Providence Park was once a baseball stadium.

 

I'm mostly salty Seattle got bounced in the first round. The Timbers and Sounders run the west for a reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I know that you know that I know that Providence Park was once a baseball stadium.


And look at it now, it’s a gem and the soccer is the real tenant and you can see the fans on the TV! Only good thing about NYCFC’s cynical run to the cup (terrible result for the league) is that we didn’t have to watch any top games with NYCFC at home.

 

Congrats to the long suffering fans of the Petrostate Yankees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Digby said:


And look at it now, it’s a gem and the soccer is the real tenant and you can see the fans on the TV! Only good thing about NYCFC’s cynical run to the cup (terrible result for the league) is that we didn’t have to watch any top games with NYCFC at home.

 

Congrats to the long suffering fans of the Petrostate Yankees. 

 

NYCFC and their home stadium situation is a total farce; absolutely.

 

That said, they have beautiful uniforms and they beat the Timbers. No problems with them on my end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry but NYCFC represents the worst possible path for MLS and it sucks that they won anything at all. Besides the obviously indefensible stadium situation, it’s a bad look for this league to operate a team presented as a farm club (their jerseys are good if you put your hands over your eyes about the obvious, I guess), and that’s made doubly worse when it’s an image laundering scheme for an oppressive emirati regime. To think the RSL owner got forced out for being a bigot and running a toxic workplace, lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Digby said:

Sorry but NYCFC represents the worst possible path for MLS and it sucks that they won anything at all. Besides the obviously indefensible stadium situation, it’s a bad look for this league to operate a team presented as a farm club (their jerseys are good if you put your hands over your eyes about the obvious, I guess), and that’s made doubly worse when it’s an image laundering scheme for an oppressive emirati regime. To think the RSL owner got forced out for being a bigot and running a toxic workplace, lmao.

 

Eh, MLS is basically a ponzi scheme. NYCFC is the champion this financial scheme deserves. /s

 

Edited by SFGiants58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

Eh, MLS is basically a ponzi scheme. NYCFC is the champion this financial scheme deserves. /s

 


CFG are horrific even by the low bar of pro sports ownership and we shouldn’t pretend otherwise. I’ve said this before but I think it mega sucks that the two teams in the top USA market are both overseas marketing schemes; that doesn’t mean giving the oppressive regime in the UAE a pass. 
 

Again, as the RSL scenario demonstrates, if these guys were American they’d be run out of the league.

 

(we also haven’t even got to how, on the pitch, NYCFC are totally the Italy of MLS. eminently hateable from there.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.