North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

10 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

Glad to see Rochester finally join the MLS fold in some capacity. They were once considered to land an expansion club during MLS 1.0.

Too bad it's with that crap logo, but good to see a team playing there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work Timbers fans. Throwing bottles and hitting NYCFC in the face. Bush league actions for a bush league franchise in a bush league stadium.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nice work Timbers fans. Throwing bottles and hitting NYCFC in the face. Bush league actions for a bush league franchise in a bush league stadium.

The Man City farm team who plays on a baseball diamond is not the home team!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

The Man City farm team who plays on a baseball diamond is not the home team!

I know that you know that I know that Providence Park was once a baseball stadium.

I'm mostly salty Seattle got bounced in the first round. The Timbers and Sounders run the west for a reason.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Fun game with soccer's worst ending. Bummer for Timbers fans, but congrats to the NYCFC on their first championship. Feels a little fluky, but that's MLS playoffs for you!

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I know that you know that I know that Providence Park was once a baseball stadium.

And look at it now, it’s a gem and the soccer is the real tenant and you can see the fans on the TV! Only good thing about NYCFC’s cynical run to the cup (terrible result for the league) is that we didn’t have to watch any top games with NYCFC at home.

Congrats to the long suffering fans of the Petrostate Yankees. 

11 minutes ago, Digby said:

And look at it now, it’s a gem and the soccer is the real tenant and you can see the fans on the TV! Only good thing about NYCFC’s cynical run to the cup (terrible result for the league) is that we didn’t have to watch any top games with NYCFC at home.

Congrats to the long suffering fans of the Petrostate Yankees. 

NYCFC and their home stadium situation is a total farce; absolutely.

That said, they have beautiful uniforms and they beat the Timbers. No problems with them on my end.

I personally have no beef towards NYCFC. One of those times I enjoy seeing the "bad guys" when because it gives a giant middle finger to and silences all the b*tching. Congrats to them!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Sorry but NYCFC represents the worst possible path for MLS and it sucks that they won anything at all. Besides the obviously indefensible stadium situation, it’s a bad look for this league to operate a team presented as a farm club (their jerseys are good if you put your hands over your eyes about the obvious, I guess), and that’s made doubly worse when it’s an image laundering scheme for an oppressive emirati regime. To think the RSL owner got forced out for being a bigot and running a toxic workplace, lmao.

23 minutes ago, Digby said:

Sorry but NYCFC represents the worst possible path for MLS and it sucks that they won anything at all. Besides the obviously indefensible stadium situation, it’s a bad look for this league to operate a team presented as a farm club (their jerseys are good if you put your hands over your eyes about the obvious, I guess), and that’s made doubly worse when it’s an image laundering scheme for an oppressive emirati regime. To think the RSL owner got forced out for being a bigot and running a toxic workplace, lmao.

Eh, MLS is basically a ponzi scheme. NYCFC is the champion this financial scheme deserves. /s

44 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Eh, MLS is basically a ponzi scheme. NYCFC is the champion this financial scheme deserves. /s

CFG are horrific even by the low bar of pro sports ownership and we shouldn’t pretend otherwise. I’ve said this before but I think it mega sucks that the two teams in the top USA market are both overseas marketing schemes; that doesn’t mean giving the oppressive regime in the UAE a pass. 

Again, as the RSL scenario demonstrates, if these guys were American they’d be run out of the league.

(we also haven’t even got to how, on the pitch, NYCFC are totally the Italy of MLS. eminently hateable from there.)

Archived