North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

• 2 weeks later...

So, Charlotte FC has released the pricing of season tickets for Major League Soccer at Bank of America Stadium, with all but one category of seating carrying a Personal Seat License fee of anywhere from $350 to $900. 

Charlotte Football Club Season Ticket Pricing

Fan reaction is about what you'd expect...

Fans Can't Believe How Much Charlotte FC Is Charging For Season Tickets

Charlotte soccer fans disappointed by Charlotte FC season ticket prices

The team's Facebook page has received comments including:

"And with one swoop of the 'PSL' pen, Charlotte FC managed to make the world's most affordable sport immediately unaffordable for the working class fans!"

"Most expensive seats in the league and the only team with PSLs, going to price out a lot of people with this!"

"This is a no-brainer. Charlotte Independence gets my money now. New stadium will be sweet. Wonder how hard Charlotte FC is gonna stonewall those of us flooding them for our deposits back??"

"Was going to get season tickets but didn't know I was going to get robbed. Looks like Charleston Battery will be getting my money."

"Wow. PSLs?? Really?? Just shameful. Guess I'll support a different club now."

"I would 100% have bought season tickets for my family and I, but on principal will have to decline. I will not buy into the racket of PSLs. They have no place in this sport or this league."

"PSLs????? Ridiculous..."

"These prices are a joke."

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

47 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

So, Charlotte FC has released the pricing of season tickets for Major League Soccer at Bank of America Stadium, with all but one category of seating carrying a Personal Seat License fee of anywhere from $350 to $900. 

Charlotte Football Club Season Ticket Pricing

Fan reaction is about what you'd expect...

Fans Can't Believe How Much Charlotte FC Is Charging For Season Tickets

Charlotte soccer fans disappointed by Charlotte FC season ticket prices

The team's Facebook page has received comments including:

"And with one swoop of the 'PSL' pen, Charlotte FC managed to make the world's most affordable sport immediately unaffordable for the working class fans!"

"Most expensive seats in the league and the only team with PSLs, going to price out a lot of people with this!"

"This is a no-brainer. Charlotte Independence gets my money now. New stadium will be sweet. Wonder how hard Charlotte FC is gonna stonewall those of us flooding them for our deposits back??"

"Was going to get season tickets but didn't know I was going to get robbed. Looks like Charleston Battery will be getting my money."

"Wow. PSLs?? Really?? Just shameful. Guess I'll support a different club now."

"I would 100% have bought season tickets for my family and I, but on principal will have to decline. I will not buy into the racket of PSLs. They have no place in this sport or this league."

"PSLs????? Ridiculous..."

"These prices are a joke."

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Did they want to be the team most hated by their own fans in MLS? Bravo! Bravo!

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The guy hasn't seen his kids in a year; you can't blame him too much. COVID + Brexit (he lives in London) is probably the worst of all possible worlds for an international traveler.

And he's been rumored to take over at a couple English clubs as well. So he may take a break until summer when more slots open up. 

9 hours ago, Dilbert said:

We've seen the outside construction, so since the dynamic kit was introduced today, here is the locker room for FC Cincinnati

EvFVvvpXUAEdZHc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I cannot wait to take this place in. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/02/8-special-blackout-us-soccer-team-kits.html

A special collection of blackout US team kits has been released by US organization Black Players For Change in order to raise money for charity. These won't be gameday wear, and it covers USL as well as MLS players. 

Participating Players:

• Quincy Amarikwa – Las Vegas Lights FC
  • Mark Anthony Kaye – Los Angeles Football Club
  • Jeremy Ebobisse – Portland Timbers FC
  • Earl Edwards Jr – New England Revolution
  • Sebastien Ibeagha – NYCFC
  • Sean Johnson – NYCFC
  • Justin Morrow – Toronto FC
  • Miles Robinson – Atlanta United

9 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

We have the first casualty of major North American pro sports to use COVID-19 as an excuse: MLS expansion to Sacramento is dead.

That's awful. Sacramento deserves better than this, it seems like they've done everything right to get a team. They'd be a great MLS city.

So I guess the bidding war has started again. If I had to guess I'd say Phoenix gets in this round, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Las Vegas or San Diego.

It's way better for Sacramento to implode before they ever field a team; that would have been way worse.

Bummer for the city and its fans. Sacramento FC seemed like a feel-good story and better than expanding to the GD desert (for Phoenix or Las Vegas).

I hope the bid goes to San Diego or Detroit.

35 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's way better for Sacramento to implode before they ever field a team; that would have been way worse.

Bummer for the city and its fans. Sacramento FC seemed like a feel-good story and better than expanding to the GD desert (for Phoenix or Las Vegas).

I hope the bid goes to San Diego or Detroit.

I really hope that the Phoenix Rising gets a expansion team honestly. Because unlike the Coyotes, the Rising actually has a solid fan base and a solid franchise