Cleveland Indians become the Cleveland Guardians

Bill0813

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

Guardians is much dumber on a military branch than a baseball team, oh well.

Midges would be great BTW.

Yeah.Guardians for a military branch is very minor leagues

An unnecessary branch with a really bad name. 2020 keeps coming at us. 

Guardians is a name with a long history in space operations, tracing back to the original command motto of Air Force Space Command in 1983, “Guardians of the High Frontier.”

https://www.spaceforce.mil/News/Article/2452593/us-space-force-unveils-name-of-space-professionals/

MOD EDIT: Flying a little too close to the sun.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:59 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I think the example of using brown and red could be a good starting point. If people want to keep the current colors, there's always the possibility of doing a Cooperstown uniform with the current uniform cut instead of attempting to use era accurate cuts. 

Navy and red is a snore-fest. The actual Spiders wore black and grey which wouldn’t work with the White Sox having long ago locked down that identity. 

I like the idea of brown and red but it’s so unorthodox that it probably doesn’t stand a chance. If they were to go brown they’d probably pair orange with it like another team in town. But that would be too close to the Padres. 

I also like the idea of crimson and cream with a very simple uniform style. Nothing about it necessarily says Cleveland or Spiders, but it could look very traditional and classy. 

I feel like the most likely outcome, though, is some overdone Nike garbage that keeps the current color scheme but manages to keep looking bland, or even downgraded to downright awful. 

If you want to tie the team name with tradition, while avoiding a past Cleveland baseball name like the Naps or Spiders, there’s a perfect name just waiting to be used ...

Cleveland Browns

Taps into the tradition of baseball/football teams sharing names, it’s not a uncommonly used name (St. Louis) and you could keep the look simple with a brown and orange color scheme. Maybe even bring back the elf?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I also like the idea of crimson and cream with a very simple uniform style.

Yeah, but that could be too close to Cincinnati. They might need another color to set them apart. One like...navy...

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, but that could be too close to Cincinnati. They might need another color to set them apart. One like...navy...

Crimson and navy could look fantastic, heck just look at EVERY AVS CONCEPT from 2013-17. Maybe add a light blue or silver (for the 2007 club) accent too.

Archived