Cleveland Indians become the Cleveland Guardians

Bill0813

27 minutes ago, CS85 said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mk4ogj4zuocrvzeuv0

Hey guyz, who wants to see my Las Vegas Cards expansion concept???????? Such an original name that doesn't sound like anything else!!!

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s a lot of negativity on this thread. I would however like to take credit for being the one who made “Cleveland Rocks” jump the shark.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

43 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If the organization goes with a music-themed identity, is there a snowball's chance in hell that Cleveland could poach the Nashville AAA identity and call themselves the "Sounds?"

"Cleveland Sounds" has a nice ring to it. 

I think that would get slated by everyone in MLB and MiLB. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

If the organization goes with a music-themed identity, is there a snowball's chance in hell that Cleveland could poach the Nashville AAA identity and call themselves the "Sounds?"

The way things are heading, they might just take the entire Nashville market

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Cleveland Snappers, Corkers, or are I say, Joeys?

spacer.png

Random thought...if they don't go with Spiders...could they go with Bats? Cleveland Bats? Probably too minor-leaguey, maybe infringes on Louisville's team...But it kinda sounds cool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

No matter how many times that design is posted in this thread and circulated on social media, it still doesn't look any less like garbage to me. I'm hardly an arachnophobe but I wish I'd stop seeing it everywhere.

I actually don't like it either. 1. it's Spider-Man. and 2. it emphasizes the creepiest aspects of spiders.

No thank you. I don't know how to make spiders un-terrifying to people terrified of them, but I think the team would need to go abstract rather than mostly literal.

Probably they'll just end up OKC-ing it, and keep everything the same (block C, colors), but change the wordmark to Spiders.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I actually don't like it either. 1. it's Spider-Man. and 2. it emphasizes the creepiest aspects of spiders.

No thank you. I don't know how to make spiders un-terrifying to people terrified of them, but I think the team would need to go abstract rather than mostly literal.

Probably they'll just end up OKC-ing it, and keep everything the same (block C, colors), but change the wordmark to Spiders.

Chances are with a name like Spiders, they’d go the Diamondbacks route and force a spiderweb pattern onto the uniforms 

2 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

There’s a lot of negativity on this thread. I would however like to take credit for being the one who made “Cleveland Rocks” jump the shark.

Reading this thread has suddenly given me the urge to watch some Drew Carey Show reruns.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I like the idea of Cleveland Stars in reference to the Rock n Roll HOF.

If we can have two Giants, Jets, and Rangers, we can have two Stars (Dallas).

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Music City Baseball wants to form a Nashville MLB team with Stars as the nickname, so a rebranding of Cleveland's MLB club as the Stars would compel the Nashville group to make a stark change of plans.  Also, with the Nashville Stars name having roots in Negro League baseball, the MCB organization has had an active relationship with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and has been donating part of the proceeds from its sales of Nashville Stars-related merchandise to the NLBM.  As Cleveland was the home of short-lived "Tate Stars" and "Stars" Negro League teams, would Paul Dolan et al. be brave enough and especially generous enough to partner, let alone share revenue, with the NLBM if Stars becomes the Cleveland team's new nickname?

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

"Cleveland Sounds" has a nice ring to it. 

The only realistic way that I can see Sounds becoming the Cleveland MLB club's new nickname is if the Nashville Sounds become affiliated with the Cleveland team.  Such a deal would (a) require the Cleveland MLB club to deprive its farm system of the much more geographically convenient Columbus Clippers and (b) force the Nashville team to toss aside a newly regained link with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Archived