Designing the G-League (0/32) and WNBA (7/18) Charlotte Sting

IceInMyVeins

My new series to redesign the NBA G-League and WNBA and replace the templated uniforms. Let's start with the WNBA. I'll be doing all 12 current WNBA teams and a few more folded teams. For the G-League I'll do the 1 team for every NBA teams plus the Ignite and Mexico teams. Every Team will get an Association(White) and an Icon(Road/Color) and maybe a Statement(Alternate).

WNBA:

Atlanta Dream

Charlotte Sting
Chicago Sky

Cleveland Rockers
Connecticut Sun

Dallas Wings

Houston Comets
Indiana Fever

Las Vegas Aces

Los Angeles Sparks

Miami Sol

Minnesota Lynx
New York Liberty

Phoenix Mercury

Portland Fire

Sacramento Monarchs

Seattle Storm
Washington Mystics

G-League

Agua Caliente Clippers (Los Angeles Clippers)

Austin Spurs (San Antonio Spurs)

Canton Charge (Cleveland Cavaliers)

Capital City Go-Go (Washington Wizards)

Capitanes de Ciudad de México (Unaffiliated)

College Park Skyhawks (Atlanta Hawks)

Colorado ? (Denver Nuggets)

Delaware Blue Coats (Philadelphia 76ers)

Erie BayHawks (New Orleans Pelicans)

Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Indiana Pacers)

Grand Rapids Drive/Motor City Cruise (Detroit Pistons)

Greensboro Swarm (Charlotte Hornets)

Iowa Wolves (Minnesota Timberwolves)

Lakeland Magic (Orlando Magic)
Long Island Nets (Brooklyn Nets)
Maine Red Claws (Boston Celtics)

Memphis Hustle (Memphis Grizzlies)
NBA G League Ignite Team (Unaffiliated)

Northern Arizona Suns (Phoenix Suns)

Oklahoma City Blue (Oklahoma City Thunder)

Raptors 905 (Toronto Raptors)

Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Houston Rockets)

Salem ? (Portland Trailblazers)

Salt Lake City Stars (Utah Jazz)

Santa Cruz Warriors (Golden State Warriors)

Sioux Falls Skyforce (Miami Heat)

South Bay Lakers (Los Angeles Lakers)
Stockton Kings (Sacramento Kings)

Texas Legends (Dallas Mavericks)
Westchester Knicks (New York Knicks)
Windy City Bulls (Chicago Bulls)
Wisconsin Herd (Milwaukee Bucks)

Yeah these WNBA and G League jerseys need upgrading since they are so cluttered with ads. The NBA uniform format is better. Excited to see where this goes!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Quite the project to undertake, but I like the general idea.

For the Storm, i'd add at least a logo to the shorts, and maybe a belt buckle logo and even the number on the shorts, like the Sonics had back then. I'd also add an outline to the # on the Association and Icon uniforms.

16 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Quite the project to undertake, but I like the general idea.

For the Storm, i'd add at least a logo to the shorts, and maybe a belt buckle logo and even the number on the shorts, like the Sonics had back then. I'd also add an outline to the # on the Association and Icon uniforms.

Association:

spacer.png

Icon:

spacer.png

Statement:

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

On the Storm, I would rather see the word mark colors be reversed on the road jersey. As it currently stands, it’s tough to distinguish from afar. Also try the word mark in yellow with green outlines, just to see which is better.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Have a soft spot in my heart for this league so I always love seeing concepts. Will definitely be following this. Here are my comments:

Storm icon - the outline might be a little thin, might as well be pure white. Even on the second version. 

Sparks - Kind of basic design (esp. on white), maybe add some trim like the Spark pattern from the 2008 era jersey. Feel like more could be done with number font than just stealing the Lakers.

Sun - I like the idea of using the gradient but maybe move it to be trim from the front angle, like blue-gradient-blue pattern.

Fever - I see what you did with the Pacers inspiration but I'm not sure I'm a fan of them using pinstripes. Looks more like a Pacers design + red than a Fever design.

Lynx - no comments, pretty well done.

Also for the record, the league has a newer logo. r526103_1296x729_16-9.png&w=570&h=321&fo

Parsons is my dude.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, loneranger158 said:

Have a soft spot in my heart for this league so I always love seeing concepts. Will definitely be following this. Here are my comments:

Storm icon - the outline might be a little thin, might as well be pure white. Even on the second version. 

Sparks - Kind of basic design (esp. on white), maybe add some trim like the Spark pattern from the 2008 era jersey. Feel like more could be done with number font than just stealing the Lakers.

Sun - I like the idea of using the gradient but maybe move it to be trim from the front angle, like blue-gradient-blue pattern.

Fever - I see what you did with the Pacers inspiration but I'm not sure I'm a fan of them using pinstripes. Looks more like a Pacers design + red than a Fever design.

Also for the record, the league has a newer logo. r526103_1296x729_16-9.png&w=570&h=321&fo

Revised Sun:

Association:

spacer.png

Icon with white on side panels:

spacer.png

Icon with blue on the side panels:

spacer.png

New Sparks versions:

Association:

spacer.png

Association with sublimated sparks in numbers:

spacer.png

Icon:

spacer.png

Icon with sublimated sparks in numbers:

spacer.png

Statement:

spacer.png

Statement with sublimation in the numbers:

spacer.png

Updated Indiana Fever next.

New Fever!

Association:

spacer.png

Icon:

spacer.png

On 2/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, Ukyo said:

Woah.

I'm waiting for Chicago Sky! 

I guess they're next then.

I would say these are objectively decent uniform designs. My issue might be with the template, but these all seem outdated. You aren't seeing many modern jerseys with two matching side stripes any more, whether they're good or bad designs. I would challenge you to step out from your comfort zone and take some more risks, because you've clearly shown you can make good looking side stripes.

28 minutes ago, raysox said:

I would say these are objectively decent uniform designs. My issue might be with the template, but these all seem outdated. You aren't seeing many modern jerseys with two matching side stripes any more, whether they're good or bad designs. I would challenge you to step out from your comfort zone and take some more risks, because you've clearly shown you can make good looking side stripes.

spacer.png

Archived