Designing the G-League (0/32) and WNBA (7/18) Charlotte Sting

IceInMyVeins

• 2 months later...
  • IceInMyVeins changed the title to Designing the G-League (0/32) and WNBA (7/18) Charlotte Sting
10 hours ago, IceInMyVeins said:

I'm back and this time with the new Charlotte Sting.

New Logos (Primary and Secondary). I based it off the current Charlotte Hornets branding, I just replaced the "Hornets" with Sting, as well as added a crown. Uniforms coming soon.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Here is the last Charlotte Sting branding for reference.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

How about keeping the orange and blue and putting in Queen City instead of Buzz City

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

21 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

How about keeping the orange and blue and putting in Queen City instead of Buzz City

Agreed on Queen City, absolutely not on orange and blue.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 5/20/2021 at 9:28 AM, Blindsay said:

On 5/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, QCS said:

Agreed on Queen City, absolutely not on orange and blue.

spacer.png

Don't know why it's taken me until now to actually comment on this series, but you've got some good designs going here!

So far I think the clear winner is your Chicago Sky concept. I love the skinny asymmetrical collar striping; I kinda wish you'd do a bit more collar striping for other teams as well. Good call to avoid jersey side panels with the Willis Tower on the shorts. Not a problem, but I'm curious if you could do make a jersey work with a Chicago wordmark (or just maybe, the full name?)

LA looks classy, if a bit safe. The way you have the subtle sublimated sparks is fair but I'd be curious to see them more visibly (big, aligned sparks in white, a la 76ers stars?)

Your take on my hometown Storm is close but is just a bit off to me, though it's not your fault that their old brand is hard to work with! The update with the yellow wordmark with green/yellow outlines is an improvement, but I think it could still stand to be clearer on the green jersey... You might try to edit it to white with green/yellow outlines if possible.

I can't decide if I like the asymmetrical side panels or not, but either way I think they could use one more outline to match the wordmark styling.

Anyways, I'd be excited to see you try out something with the Storm's new brand.

Really not feeling Indiana. The update is a bit better, but the color hierarchy still feels really confused, especially with the muddy double-outlines and different colored collar and sleeves. IMO the Fever could stand to be navy and yellow with red accents only, but you could choose something different as long as it's more consistent.

The gradient-esque Tequila Sunrise striping for Connecticut is quite nice, especially when the blue is in the center. I'd only ask that you try to do less white on the blue jersey; it feels a bit top-heavy because of it.

Finally, as for Charlotte, it doesn't look bad but there's not enough distinction from the Hornets. If you're hoping to use existing Hornets logos to start with, you might try this alternate logo (do the Hornets even still use it anymore?), but I'd love to see something new. Also, the small hornets on the crown feel kinda unnecessary; I think the diamond shapes from that same alternate logo might fit well in their place.

Sorry to be so nitpicky but I think you're really close on some of these! Good work!

14 hours ago, vtgco said:

Don't know why it's taken me until now to actually comment on this series, but you've got some good designs going here!

So far I think the clear winner is your Chicago Sky concept. I love the skinny asymmetrical collar striping; I kinda wish you'd do a bit more collar striping for other teams as well. Good call to avoid jersey side panels with the Willis Tower on the shorts. Not a problem, but I'm curious if you could do make a jersey work with a Chicago wordmark (or just maybe, the full name?)

LA looks classy, if a bit safe. The way you have the subtle sublimated sparks is fair but I'd be curious to see them more visibly (big, aligned sparks in white, a la 76ers stars?)

Your take on my hometown Storm is close but is just a bit off to me, though it's not your fault that their old brand is hard to work with! The update with the yellow wordmark with green/yellow outlines is an improvement, but I think it could still stand to be clearer on the green jersey... You might try to edit it to white with green/yellow outlines if possible.

I can't decide if I like the asymmetrical side panels or not, but either way I think they could use one more outline to match the wordmark styling.

Anyways, I'd be excited to see you try out something with the Storm's new brand.

Really not feeling Indiana. The update is a bit better, but the color hierarchy still feels really confused, especially with the muddy double-outlines and different colored collar and sleeves. IMO the Fever could stand to be navy and yellow with red accents only, but you could choose something different as long as it's more consistent.

The gradient-esque Tequila Sunrise striping for Connecticut is quite nice, especially when the blue is in the center. I'd only ask that you try to do less white on the blue jersey; it feels a bit top-heavy because of it.

Finally, as for Charlotte, it doesn't look bad but there's not enough distinction from the Hornets. If you're hoping to use existing Hornets logos to start with, you might try this alternate logo (do the Hornets even still use it anymore?), but I'd love to see something new. Also, the small hornets on the crown feel kinda unnecessary; I think the diamond shapes from that same alternate logo might fit well in their place.

Sorry to be so nitpicky but I think you're really close on some of these! Good work!

Thank you, I'll get to work on some updates then. 

Archived