Whipsnakes 4 1 0 .800 _ 61 62 -1
Archers 3 2 0 .600 1 68 45 23
Redwoods 3 2 0 .600 1 63 61 2
Atlas 3 2 0 .600 1 63 66 -3
Chrome 2 3 0 .400 2 54 57 -3
Chaos 2 3 0 .400 2 52 58 -6
Waterdogs 2 3 0 .400 2 59 70 -11
Cannons 1 4 0 .250 3 65 66 -1

Halfway through the PLL season and the Whipsnakes are still on top. I know some people are going to be pissed if they 3 peat. Meanwhile, once again Paul Rabil's team is struggling. Can't say the league has been rigged for his team to be successful lol.

Look forward to seeing what the turnout will be in Minnesota this week.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, 4_tattoos said:

Put the names of all 8 PLL teams on pieces of paper and put them in a hat. Close your eyes and pick one out of the hat.

I put my PLL loyalty with the Whipsnakes because their original roster was made primarily of University of Maryland alums. I'm from Maryland and generally support all UMD sports teams, so that was a no brainer for me. So far that has worked out well.

I root for the Archers because I had a class at PSU with with goalie Drew Adams. It's a loose type of allegiance but it works. Other than anything like that or something like your case, it is a crapshoot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Paul Rabil gets traded. His new team is second to last in the standings and his old team is in first place.

SN: the Whipsnakes can't win with Matt Rambo out with injury. Don't know the severity of his injury, but even if he comes back it may be safe to assume we'll see a new champ this season. They are not the same team this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Redwoods vs Whipsnakes postseason game decided by 1 point. May have to take back what I previously said about the Whipsnakes until someone proves they can beat them when it counts most. Anyway, semifinals are set.

No photo description available.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JayMac said:

Chaos and Whipsnakes in the finals again. Any reason to think the Whipsnakes won't win the championship for the 3rd time in a row?

They don't have the option to wear their lucky white uniforms in the championship this year 🤷🏿‍♂️

There's a new PLL champion

No 3-peat for the whips. Would it have been "bad for the league" if the Whipsnakes ended up winning their third straight?

SN: I don't understand people with the mindset that dynasties are bad for sports/leagues. Seriously what do they expect or want? Do they want the previous season's champion banned from competing the next season? Do they expect a championship team to immediately decline the following season? I don't get it, but I keep seeing/hearing people whine when teams are at the top for multiple seasons.

Archived