JayMac

Premier Lacrosse League and Major League Lacrosse to Merge

Paul Rabil...The guy's a marketing force.

Saw him in Hamilton playing against Canada in the box game.

He stuck around for a couple of hours afterwards signing stuff.ūüĎć

I wonder how much of the Cannons identity (besides the name) will be preserved in the PLL?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Most of their logos have "Boston" in them, so we'll probably see a new logo unveiled. Although one could argue they could just recycle that wordless logo (stick head with two crossed cannons) from the top right picture and just create a new wordmark to go around it. As far as colors go, they'd be the PLL's second team with Navy Blue as a primary color (Archers), and the third to have red (Whipsnakes and Chaos) although the Cannons only use red as an accent color. I believe none of the PLL's other teams have gray/silver in their color schemes. Doubt they'd change the cannons colors, but you never know.

I think the crossed-cannon logo would fit pretty well. I think it would be a shame if they mess with the transition to the new league very much on the brand side. Whats the point of using the Cannons name as a seamless transition if you change the logo, colors, and drop the city.

But also self plug because I'm playing with these ideas

1 hour ago, raysox said:

But also self plug because I'm playing with these ideas

Pretty good. Just one sidenote. PLL teams (so far at least) have 2 different helmets each. A dark and a light (usually white) helmet.

spacer.pngspacer.png

So that's how it's gonna be, huh. Wonder if the grey shape was intentionally made to look like Harvard Stadium.

EDIT: