Cleveland Baseball Design Ideas

Elf Plus Productions

It's official the Indians will be no more. So now it's time to flood this board with new designs and I am throwing my concepts in there.

Now about my concepts I wanted to remain as historic to the current franchise as much as possible. So therefore I choose to keep the same colors and also the C with a slight variation to it. But I don't mind the new Cleveland team just not changing the current C at all. 

Speaking of historic I looked up past Cleveland Baseball teams from the past and picked ones I thought had the most potential and were not already in use by a pro team. Cleveland Baseball have used nicknames like Cubs, Giants, Bears, Browns ect. that are already in use so I wanted to stay away from that.

Also I wanted to create a mascot/logo idea that is similar to the mascots of the Orioles, Padres, Reds and Brewers. 

The three names I decided on concept for are the Spiders (most popular so far on this board and the front runner in my opinion), Elites (a Negro National League team that played in Cleveland) and the Foresters (the original team name was called the Forest City's but that didn't sound right to me). 

• Spiders are pretty self explanatory in my opinion and the one I think is the furthest along in my opinion out of my drafts so far. 
  • spacer.png

• Elites took me a while to come up with an idea for a mascot/logo. About the mascot it's a little obscure but it's President Garfield who only served six months in office until he was assassinated. From my research President Garfield was one of the only President's born near Cleveland. All the six other Presidents from Ohio were born more near Cincinnati from my research (I could be wrong on this). The red circle and stars are elements from the Ohio state flag. 

• spacer.png

• Foresters the mascot is suppose to represent a forest looking Big Foot /Yetti character. It does have elements of the old mascot which is defiantly on purpose because I love trying to preserve as much history as possible. 
  •  

spacer.png

All the fonts / wordsmarks used are the same font. I am not very good at turning fonts into being something more unique or creative (something I need to get better at). But in my opinion all Baseball teams should use some sort of script font because that says baseball to me. 

I would love some constructive criticism on these drafts. They are just drafts and know they can be more refined.  

Joe

I get that you are going for a Yeti as the Forester mascot, and that they aren't real creatures (allegedly), but I think most depictions have larger foreheads  and more furrowed, pronounced brows (like Harry & The Hendersons, for example).  Also, are the triangular eyes trying to tie back into the tree shape? As is it looks a little Jack-O'-Lanterny, but I like the idea.

Archived