2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

Zion doesn't have the personality to be what the NBA and ESPN and TNT wanted him to be, but he might still be a great all-time finisher and future All-NBA player.

That said, watching him on ESPN on man, is he big. Like, I worry about his knees big.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 4:27 AM, The Six said:

Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan are going to win a championship together, which I love and hate at the same time.

They are likeable enough. Good for them if they do.

Raptors end their 9-game losing streak with a big win against Denver. All-female broadcast crew tonight. Nice, but I will be very upset if this was Kyle Lowry's last game as a Raptor.

I've been watching Magic basketball since 2013. Through the years, one player has remained constant - Vucevic.

And now he's gone. Not only that, but Chicago absolutely fleeced us.

I feel sick. Can't wait to go back to watching terrible basketball for the foreseeable future.

:censored:

Schroeder, KCP and Wes Matthews is too high a price for Kyle Lowry...right?  Matthews is a bum, but KCP is a great shooter and Denis is younger than Lowry. What am I missing?

EDIT: Rumored, not real trade.

While they're division rivals, I feel for the Magic fans that have to deal with this blowup. Hoping it turns around for them, but while you've got Clifford as your coach it probably won't.

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Sorry Magic fans :(

Good riddance. Finally some other fanbase has to watch him constantly brick midrange turnaround fades with 2 guys in his face while there's 2 open guys around the court. I actually really like the haul we got for him - but... why Vooch man. I'm not even mad, just depressed.

5 minutes ago, QCS said:

While they're division rivals, I feel for the Magic fans that have to deal with this blowup. Hoping it turns around for them, but while you've got Clifford as your coach it probably won't.

If we're going to be doing this big blowup Clifford needs to go. I don't think he's a bad coach by any means, but we're following the same path you guys took while he was there (peaking season 1 and then drifting into obscurity). Fresh start means fresh start. Preferably I'd want to see the front office out too, but hey I can't have everything I wish for.

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

George Hill from the Thunder to Sixers.  Is he any good?

Nuggets picking up Aaron Gordon and JaVale McGee; I like the latter pickup more. McGee knows how to show up in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I've been watching Magic basketball since 2013. Through the years, one player has remained constant - Vucevic.

And now he's gone. Not only that, but Chicago absolutely fleeced us.

I feel sick. Can't wait to go back to watching terrible basketball for the foreseeable future.

:censored:

I feel for Orlando fans. The Magic were looking like a decent team, and then next thing you know, they’re back at square one.

35 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

I feel for Orlando fans. The Magic were looking like a decent team, and then next thing you know, they’re back at square one.

We started the season really well before getting wrecked by injuries. I was really excited to watch everyone come back next year with the addition of a top pick. Well, at least we'll get 2 top picks now, unless Chicago jumps into the top 3. Actually thinking about it that would be the most Magic thing to ever happen so yeah.

JJ Redick to the Mavs, but not sure for what just yet. Presumably something like a second round pick?

David Griffin is another guy making money off a LeBron James association.

EDIT: Oladipo to the Heat, Lowry to remain in Toronto, Drummond to be bought out and presumably to LA or Brooklyn.

Apparently the Raptors wanted THT and the Lakers (rightly) said no. I don't think there's a new favorite in either conference, though Miami is probably better and scarier. Especially in the playoffs.