2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the CFL season in August, I guess. Raptors are done.
Maybe I'll watch some tennis. As long as Andreescu's ankle holds out, she should be competitive this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Read some reaction about Steph winning the scoring title that was along the lines of "See? You thought he couldn't win without Klay and look at him now!" Some of the NBA podcast talking heads were also talking about Steph as a potential MVP candidate.

Yes, Steph shot (second behind Beal) and scored (.4 ppg ahead of Beal) more than any other player in the NBA. This really shouldn't be a surprise, because there's no one else on his team who could score. And also, if this was supposed to be the year Steph proved everyone wrong...the Warriors are the 8 seed and needed to win the final game to secure it.

Winning a scoring title is impressive! But he didn't do anything to disprove that he needs other all-NBA talent to win titles.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Read some reaction about Steph winning the scoring title that was along the lines of "See? You thought he couldn't win without Klay and look at him now!" Some of the NBA podcast talking heads were also talking about Steph as a potential MVP candidate.

Yes, Steph shot (second behind Beal) and scored (.4 ppg ahead of Beal) more than any other player in the NBA. This really shouldn't be a surprise, because there's no one else on his team who could score. And also, if this was supposed to be the year Steph proved everyone wrong...the Warriors are the 8 seed and needed to win the final game to secure it.

Winning a scoring title is impressive! But he didn't do anything to disprove that he needs other all-NBA talent to win titles.

Fair…but every(should) know(s) that you need 2 top-15 guys to win a title. The last team that could possibly qualify against that was the 2004 Pistons, but you could argue Billups and Rasheed Wallace were top-15.  Jordan needed Pippen. LBJ needed DWade, Kyrie, and AD. Kobe needed Shaq and Pau. Anyone who thinks Steph on his own can beat top playoff teams 16 times (17-18 including the play-in) is delusional.

I’ve never in my life seen two teams purposely lose enough to avoid playing the Lakers early in the playoffs lmao. Denver is just delaying the inevitable.  

All in all, the Lakers actually have a really favorable path back to the Finals. Assuming they stay healthy, the two teams that are most capable of beating the Lakers (the Clippers and Jazz) will eliminate one another before the WCF.

And to reach the West Finals, they’ll have to beat the Suns and the winner of Nuggets-Blazers which they’ll be heavily favored against all three of those teams. 

Having said that, I fully expect the Clippers to reach the WCF this year and it would not surprise me at all to see them make the Finals. IMO, they are easily the biggest competition for the Lakers in the playoffs. 

To be honest, I actually think the Clippers will make the Finals this year. Even if the Lakers are there to meet them. I fear the Clippers more than any other team in the postseason.  

Should be a fun one. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This is one of the most exciting postseason fields in a while. 

The favorite in the West is a 7-seed that’s technically not even in the playoffs yet. 

Elsewhere you have the Clippers aiming for a redemption arc, the Jazz/Suns attempting to earn the respect they’ve lacked all year, and a red-hot Blazers team. 

The East has 4 teams that would not surprise me if they made a run, the Knicks hosting a series after being picked to finish last in the league, and a Wizards squad that’s gonna be a pesky first round out for whoever they play. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

It’s been so long since the Jazz have been this good, that I don’t really know what to do about it. I’m ecstatic that they finished with the best record in the league, but I’m also trying my best not to get ahead of myself. They still have to prove they’ve got what it takes, and of course, still have to hope that Donovan is 100% when he comes back. 

Whoever we draw in the first round will be tough. Even Memphis is scrappy enough to cause some trouble. I’m just going to take this a game a time, buckle up, and hope for the best.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

18 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Having said that, I fully expect the Clippers to reach the WCF this year and it would not surprise me at all to see them make the Finals. IMO, they are easily the biggest competition for the Lakers in the playoffs. 

To be honest, I actually think the Clippers will make the Finals this year. Even if the Lakers are there to meet them. I fear the Clippers more than any other team in the postseason.  

Should be a fun one. 

Nice try, but this reverse jinx is too obvious. Besides, we all know the Mavericks will take out the Clippers in round 1 anyway.

The wizards have to be the most boring predictable team there is. Every offensive possession is give the ball to Westbrook he drive to the basket, which either results in a foul, make, or miss, repeat. Really sucks when you have Beal on that team who’s essentially regulated to just a bystander when Westbrook starts thinking he needs to hero ball and drive the team further into a hole.

Just now, dont care said:

I’m trying to see how it could be and I’m just not seeing it.

Adam Silver has been wanting a soccer-esque tournament in the NBA for a while. He's got it here, where four teams are fighting for two spots, with a potential for two teams to be relegated from playoff standing.

On another note, Andre Drummond kind of sucks.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Play-in is still stupid, but I'm glad the Lakers won tonight, and did so after sitting on their hands the entire first quarter.

LeBron's desperation 3 is a nice way to win.

The Lakers were absolute booty cheeks tonight. Straight cheeks. They do that against Phoenix, they’re getting swept. 

What a game though. I imagine this is exactly why the NBA wanted the play-in. 

EDIT: BTW seeing your team playing against Curry in a meaningful game is absolutely terrifying. At any moment that dude could just go off and hit some insane shots. 

Is this what it felt like to see your team play against Kobe? 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Hearing Lebron talk about how he was seeing three rims when he made the shot and was legitimately blind the last 2 minutes is such a load of crap. He got inadvertently slapped in the face, he then flopped to the floor to try to get a flagrant, and is now trying to play it up like he got his eye gouged out and still able to make a 3. Come on man.

Archived