2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Hearing Lebron talk about how he was seeing three rims when he made the shot and was legitimately blind the last 2 minutes is such a load of crap. He got inadvertently slapped in the face, he then flopped to the floor to try to get a flagrant, and is now trying to play it up like he got his eye gouged out and still able to make a 3. Come on man.

Dray legitimately poked him in his left eye. It was unintentional, but Bron wasn’t lying about that. You could see in postgame interviews how swollen the eye was becoming. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPFRWjEr22r/?utm_medium=copy_link

These guys weigh 250 pounds, are 4 feet off the ground, and colliding into each other at nearly full force.

I think LeBron's allowed to be in pain. Especially hit in the eye like that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

EDIT: BTW seeing your team playing against Curry in a meaningful game is absolutely terrifying. At any moment that dude could just go off and hit some insane shots. 

Is this what it felt like to see your team play against Kobe? 

Yes, in addition to MJ and Duncan (he wasn’t a “crazy shot” guy, but there were still nights it seemed like he just couldn’t miss). Those three left me pulling hair out often when they played the Jazz.

Back to your point about Curry, he’s indeed terrifying right now. I’ll be totally honest in saying the idea of the Jazz drawing the Warriors in the first round is making me squirm a bit. As much as I respect Memphis for how tough they played the Jazz this year, I’d much rather take a matchup with them over Golden State and Curry.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yes, in addition to MJ and Duncan (he wasn’t a “crazy shot” guy, but there were still nights it seemed like he just couldn’t miss). Those three left me pulling hair out often when they played the Jazz.

Back to your point about Curry, he’s indeed terrifying right now. I’ll be totally honest in saying the idea of the Jazz drawing the Warriors in the first round is making me squirm a bit. As much as I respect Memphis for how tough they played the Jazz this year, I’d much rather take a matchup with them over Golden State and Curry.

It was such a helpless feeling. Knowing the Lakers could have 3 guys on him and he'd still make the shot lmao. 

I get that. Personally, no disrespect to the Suns, but the Warriors scares me far more (especially in a one-off game) because of Curry. He was being tripled and doubled nearly the whole night, and he still either escaped it or made the shot anyway. So I totally understand why you would rather see the Grizzlies. I would too if I were the Jazz.

But in a 7-game series, I'd be surprised if the Warriors pulled off the upset. Jazz are too well rounded and Curry doesn't have enough help. 

Yeah, I don't think Curry has 7 of those games in him, and he'd need that to beat the Jazz. Same with Draymond.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Hearing Lebron talk about how he was seeing three rims when he made the shot and was legitimately blind the last 2 minutes is such a load of crap. He got inadvertently slapped in the face, he then flopped to the floor to try to get a flagrant, and is now trying to play it up like he got his eye gouged out and still able to make a 3. Come on man.

I've had vision issues while playing and getting stabbed in the eye by a finger. Fortunately I already sucked at playing soccer so no one else noticed. As much as he complained about having to play that game I can't see him wanting to bring more attention to himself over something like this. 

15 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Adam Silver has been wanting a soccer-esque tournament in the NBA for a while. He's got it here, where four teams are fighting for two spots, with a potential for two teams to be relegated from playoff standing.

On another note, Andre Drummond kind of sucks.

He doesn't kinda, he just sucks. 

16 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I sure do hate this play-in nonsense!

I only liked it because it gave the Spurs a chance to get in this year. I'll probably hate it next year when they don't even make the playoffs play-in game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

24 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I've had vision issues while playing and getting stabbed in the eye by a finger. Fortunately I already sucked at playing soccer so no one else noticed. As much as he complained about having to play that game I can't see him wanting to bring more attention to himself over something like this. 

He doesn't kinda, he just sucks. 

I only liked it because it gave the Spurs a chance to get in this year. I'll probably hate it next year when they don't even make the playoffs play-in game. 

I hate it because they have 82 games to play in, and already over half the teams make the playoffs and some don’t even win half their games. Further expanding an already bloated playoffs is nonsense to have teams with .458 record trying to get a spot from a team with a .583 record is just dumb. If you can’t make it in a 1 game tournament where potentially a few bounces could alter who wins or loses a game is just asinine to me. 

The play-in nonsense peaked early.  Most years, you're not getting LeBron/Steph. You're getting mediocrity/mediocrity.  The idea that the 10th seed can get in while the 7 seed doesn't is asinine.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

48 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The play-in nonsense peaked early.  Most years, you're not getting LeBron/Steph. You're getting mediocrity/mediocrity.  The idea that the 10th seed can get in while the 7 seed doesn't is asinine.

If the NBA is insistent on a stupid play-in it should be like baseball, or something similar (can’t believe I’m saying that). Have a stipulation that in order to trigger a play-in game, the two teams (or more) fighting for 8th have to be tied in their record or maybe within something like 2-3 games of each other. 

It’s absolutely moronic that the Spurs were able to compete for a playoff spot when they were 6 games back of 8th place. I know they lost, but they shouldn’t have even had that opportunity to begin with. 

If the NBA had made the play-in tournament require a stipulation like that, you still would have seen a play-in tournament because the Wizards and Pacers were tied for 8th, with the Hornets being one game back in the East. While in the West the Warriors and Grizzlies were within one game of each other for the 8th spot. 

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

If the NBA is insistent on a stupid play-in it should be like baseball, or something similar (can’t believe I’m saying that). Have a stipulation that in order to trigger a play-in game, the two teams (or more) fighting for 8th have to be tied in their record or maybe within something like 2-3 games of each other. 

It’s absolutely moronic that the Spurs were able to compete for a playoff spot when they were 6 games back of 8th place. I know they lost, but they shouldn’t have even had that opportunity to begin with. 

If the NBA had made the play-in tournament require a stipulation like that, you still would have seen a play-in tournament this season because the Wizards and Pacers were tied for 8th, with the Hornets being one game back in the East. While in the West the Warriors and Grizzlies were within one game of each other for the 8th spot. 

It takes the perfect storm of elite teams scuffling with injury woes for the play-in tournament to have any sort of excitement.  Take out the Klay/LeBron/AD/Jaylen Brown injuries and you're left with games with some combination on Charlotte, Washington, Memphis, and Atlanta every year.

VmWIn6B.png

Steph Curry is an MVP finalist and might miss the playoffs.

Bill Simmons called him the 17th best player in NBA history.

No one has ever been graded on a curve like Steph.

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Steph Curry is an MVP finalist and might miss the playoffs.

Bill Simmons called him the 17th best player in NBA history.

No one has ever been graded on a curve like Steph.

Really, 17th? At least have him be top 15, probably no higher than 8. The dude has carried Draymond the Grey and a bunch of spare parts this far, which I find very impressive.

10 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Really, 17th? At least have him be top 15, probably no higher than 8. The dude has carried Draymond the Grey and a bunch of spare parts this far, which I find very impressive.

8? Who of these is Curry better than?

MJ, LeBron, Kobe, Kareem, Russell, Duncan, Shaq, Bird, Magic, Isiah Thomas, Wade, Olaujuwon?

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That’s just it. The Grizzlies and Warriors just played the best game of the play-in tournament, and outside of Steph, Ja, Draymond, and Dillon Brooks, the teams are bad. Teams on equal levels should lead to good basketball, which is all the NBA and us fans should want.

Archived