2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

If the Lakers give that level of effort for the rest of the series, the Suns ain’t winning another game. The Lakers still didn’t shoot well at all, and the role players still couldn’t hit open 3’s to save their lives again, but it didn’t matter. The Lakers outstanding defense was back and their stars played like it tonight. 

Once those wide open 3’s start falling for the Lakers (and they have to at some point, right??), it’s a wrap. Also keep in mind too, the Lakers are only going to get better as the playoffs go on. 

Sorry to double post, but lmaooooooooooooo.

The Clippers really ducked the Lakers, tanked the last two games against the league’s worst two teams, only to find themselves down 2-0 at home against the Mavs. 

They would have dog-walked the Blazers. Would have been an easy sweep. But Clippers gonna clip. This is absolutely hilarious. 

They now gotta somehow slow down Luka and beat him 4 times out of the next 5 games. Good luck. 

I think the NBA has to double schedule games, otherwise you get the 2pm local starts in the first round like the bubble last year.

on the plus side, just remember it’s never worth watching the Clippers anyway! 

The Suns really needed that Game 2. Respect to them for fighting back in it, the Lakers never coasted like they did last year, so this team won’t go down without a fight. 

Still, you can’t let a late charge go to waste when your team leader is out and the backup is having the game of his life. If the Lakers Game 2 improvements continue (AD being aggressive, Drummond actually doing things, Schröder being a great third option) the Suns are toast unless CP3 grows a new shoulder and they steal one on the road. 

10 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

If the Lakers give that level of effort for the rest of the series, the Suns ain’t winning another game. The Lakers still didn’t shoot well at all, and the role players still couldn’t hit open 3’s to save their lives again, but it didn’t matter. The Lakers outstanding defense was back and their stars played like it tonight. 

Once those wide open 3’s start falling for the Lakers (and they have to at some point, right??), it’s a wrap. Also keep in mind too, the Lakers are only going to get better as the playoffs go on. 

But this is what LeBron’s teams do. They lose game 1 as a feel-out game, then dominate the rest of the series.

23 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

But this is what LeBron’s teams do. They lose game 1 as a feel-out game, then dominate the rest of the series.

I'm so old I remember game 1 panic...during the 2020 playoffs when the Lakers lost to the Blazers.

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm so old I remember game 1 panic...during the 2020 playoffs when the Lakers lost to the Blazers.

Let's not forget the Game 1 Magic. However, let's forget what happened in the rest of those series.

10 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

LMAO, Glen couldn't even sell the damn team without one final spit in the face to Minnesotans, jesus christ

Pretty much.  Would they move to Seattle or Las Vegas though?  They wouldn't have to move divisions, and if NBA does expand, it leaves another market somewhere open for team 32.  

Las Vegas is like "Forget expansion NBA, can we get the Timberwolves instead?"

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Pretty much.  Would they move to Seattle or Las Vegas though?  They wouldn't have to move divisions, and if NBA does expand, it leaves another market somewhere open for team 32.  

I think either Vegas or Vancouver would be the easiest choices since those two keep the T-Wolves in their current division. Seattle is pretty much 100% expansion.

Vancouver might be more appealing if we're already adding Seattle, since both can feed off of each other on top of Portland and (more importantly) Vancouver gives the NBA a golden chance to get back into China's pockets, and I can't imagine the NBA would say no to that.

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I think either Vegas or Vancouver would be the easiest choices since those two keep the T-Wolves in their current division. Seattle is pretty much 100% expansion.

Vancouver might be more appealing if we're already adding Seattle, since both can feed off of each other on top of Portland and (more importantly) Vancouver gives the NBA a golden chance to get back into China's pockets, and I can't imagine the NBA would say no to that.

Vancouver, Portland and Seattle......The Cascadia Cup goes to the NBA.

Yeah, Seattle is 100% expansion.  What could be interesting is if A-Rod and Lore want to move the Wolves to Vegas or Vancouver.  Does team #32 East of the Mississippi or is it West again?  If it's West, I can see Memphis or New Orleans moving to the Eastern Conference and the Thunder ending up in the same division as the three Texas teams.  

It’s long past time for the Timberwolves to move.  That said, I don’t understand an 80-year-old billionaire maximizing a ten-figure sale at the expense of his home state.  It’s almost as pathetic as when octogenarian Carl Pohlad offered his original AL franchise to be eliminated in exchange for a pile of cash.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

One of the nice things of not having fans around for games is that you miss the moments when 'Fans become A-Holes'

>Fans in Philadelphia act like cavemen

I’d say it’s just a sign things are getting normal again. 

It's really sad watching Chris Paul out there playing with one arm.

He's had the worst playoff health luck and it's just unfair.

Also, it's horse :censored: that Steph was an MVP finalist and CP3 wasn't.