2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Davis: Out for game 4 with a groin pull. Don’t screw this up Suns!

:(

Well, the Lakers won a title in 2020. That's still pretty good!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 hours ago, GDAWG said:

With regards to the Timberwolves, how is the Xcel Energy Center as a basketball arena?

Not good.  They play some high school games there and the Lynx played there fo a season during Target Center renovation but I don’t think it is the key to keeping an NBA team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Close your eyes. Picture in your head what the Boston water bottle thrower looks like.

Spoiler

How close were you?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, Digby said:

We were so close to ensuring Kyrie was full of :censored:. So close!

Danny Ainge nuked that immediately with his "racism? Never heard of it" nonsense.

7 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Danny Ainge nuked that immediately with his "racism? Never heard of it" nonsense.

We didn’t need any more reasons to hate Ainge this year! Happily deferring to his own players outnumbering him.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

We were so close to ensuring Kyrie was full of :censored:. So close!

Well Kylie brought it on by wiping his feet on the logo before walking off the court. I could see fan reaction getting pretty volatile in any arena where a player does that

56 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well Kylie brought it on by wiping his feet on the logo before walking off the court. I could see fan reaction getting pretty volatile in any arena where a player does that

Doubt that many people noticed in the moment, and that’s not an excuse anyway. You can’t throw things at people! Hate rooting for cops but I’m glad the thrower was immediately arrested. 

The fact is, dumb fans validating Kyrie’s preemptive strike means the spotlight stays on fan behavior and Boston’s rep with black athletes, not Kyrie’s weird unaccountable and emotionally stunted behavior.

I mean, it's not like Boston hasn't earned its reputation for being hostile to black athletes. It's probably better now than it was ago, but I'd definitely assume Kyrie knows more about his own experience than I do.

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Doubt that many people noticed in the moment, and that’s not an excuse anyway. You can’t throw things at people! Hate rooting for cops but I’m glad the thrower was immediately arrested. 

The fact is, dumb fans validating Kyrie’s preemptive strike means the spotlight stays on fan behavior and Boston’s rep with black athletes, not Kyrie’s weird unaccountable and emotionally stunted behavior.

I think a good number of the fans noticed. He was pretty deliberate in how he did it, and wasn’t subtle. I’m surprise more stuff wasn’t thrown while he was still on the court being a petulant child. I’m not saying that it’s right but if you are going to show disrespect expect it back.

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I mean, it's not like Boston hasn't earned its reputation for being hostile to black athletes. It's probably better now than it was ago, but I'd definitely assume Kyrie knows more about his own experience than I do.

It remains unclear whether Kyrie is even talking about his own experience, let alone what that experience is, so I don’t really know what to tell you.

I do know that Kyrie has never offered an explanation as to what changed in the months between his grand, unprompted proclamation that he’d sign an extension and his tearjerker Nike ad, and his deliberate KD leak and shockingly blatant quitting in the playoffs.

guy said he wanted to keep it Strictly Basketball, and there are plenty of Strictly Basketball reasons to say he’s a :censored:head, but he wink-wink changed the subject from Strictly Basketball and now we’re supposed to tsk tsk about the whole thing. Seems convenient …

Haha some douchebag tried to run out onto the court in Washington and got tackled by security.  Didn't make it very far at all.  Are the betting sites still letting you bet if someone will run out onto the court/field?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

NBA might have to play in a bubble again if unruly fans keep up.

There's a lot of pent up :censored: behavior to come, likely across all sports. And really, all civic environments.

Hold on to your butts this summer; gonna be a wild one.

I mean it is, seriously, probably moreso more than racism, that the current arena crowds are disproportionally the worst kind of regular-times fans. Lotta people who’ve been dining indoors and tipping poorly the whole time the past 16 months are the first in line for full arenas.

Where do I place prop bets on arrested NBA arena guests vs. arrested plane passengers attacking flight attendants over mask rules?

Watch the right side of the screen:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Watch the right side of the screen:

That was probably the softest form tackle I’ve ever seen. From the pictures I saw I thought he was dragged down from the back before he could really get on the court. Not get on the court do a few fairy moves and the security finally get off there ass and do a weak ass tackle.

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

There's a lot of pent up :censored: behavior to come, likely across all sports. And really, all civic environments.

Hold on to your butts this summer; gonna be a wild one.

I want to see something like this happen in wrestling, see how the wrestlers respond.  

Archived