2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Digby said:

Davis and Embiid injuries are supreme bummers and I hope they aren’t remotely long term. Fears of this stupid season all coming true and it might make the detestable Nets win by default! Gross!

I feel like in a couple of weeks we're going to be wondering why we didn't see the Bucks as the all-time playoff juggernaut they might end up being.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I feel like in a couple of weeks we're going to be wondering why we didn't see the Bucks as the all-time playoff juggernaut they might end up being.

a makeup for me being high on the Bucks only to be wrong the last couple years. Between any sort of Embiid concern and how badly they beat down Miami…

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

and of the Nets: full arena and about to win a playoff series, and the crowd sounds deader than the bubble did. 

If they win the title, where do they have a parade? And does anyone show up?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If they win the title, where do they have a parade? And does anyone show up?

They won’t actually win as long as any other contender stays healthy, but:

they will make a big show of throwing the first ever parade on the subway. In true Nets-y fashion it accomplishes nothing but making working-class people of color late for their jobs. Also it misses the G train entirely somehow. Durant and Irving skip it in favor of acting deranged on social media.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

That's going to be weird for the WNBA team that they just bought.....the Minnesota Lynx because Seattle already has a WNBA team.

They'll just sell the Lynx. I still think the NBA would prefer an expansion team in Seattle with a fat expansion fee. 

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Danny Ainge is out, Brad Stevens is becoming the GM, Celtics getting a new head coach. Fireworks!

Geez, Brooklyn. You didn't need to beat Boston down that badly..

12 hours ago, Wings said:

They'll just sell the Lynx. I still think the NBA would prefer an expansion team in Seattle with a fat expansion fee. 

i would think so, but they still could expand down the road (would say, one in the East and one in the West)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

The problem is, if the Wolves do

go to Seattle, what happens to the history? Are they the Seattle Timberwolves? Does KG get mixed in with Shawn Kemp?  Or are the T-Wolves forgotten until another team expands there?

I’m sorry boys, I’ll take the blame for the two Lakers losses. I wasn’t able watch those games. The losses are totally on me. 

On a more serious note, it sucks that the NBA got as greedy as they did, and pushed a 72 game season in 4 months of play. We’ve seen too many significant injuries to the league’s star players. 

Every team that had a deep playoff run in the bubble has been eliminated or close to it, sustained season altering injuries to star players and finished far lower in the standings than the year before. Whereas the teams who are title favorites this season, all were either bounced early in the playoffs last year or didn’t even make it at all.

From a Lakers fan standpoint, it sucks the Lakers weren’t able to really have a legitimate chance to defend their title because of something out of their control. But even that statement reeks of privilege  lmao. Can’t complain too much if that’s the price the Lakers must pay for winning a title last year. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The problem is, if the Wolves do

go to Seattle, what happens to the history? Are they the Seattle Timberwolves? Does KG get mixed in with Shawn Kemp?  Or are the T-Wolves forgotten until another team expands there?

After the North Stars fiasco, I'd assume that Minnesota gets to keep the history/legacy of the Timberwolves while the moved team would adopt the history of the Sonics. It'll be a "insert however many years break" for the Sonics, while the Timberwolves will be "on break" as a franchise.

This could be different, however. Since the NBA ties franchise histories to name trademarks, the T-Wolves' history might not be a part of the next Minnesota team. I doubt the connection to the Timberwolves' name is as deep as Charlotte's was with the Hornets. That could just be me talking out of my ass, of course.

13 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

From a Lakers fan standpoint, it sucks the Lakers weren’t able to really have a legitimate chance to defend their title because of something out of their control. But even that statement reeks of privilege  lmao. Can’t complain too much if that’s the price the Lakers must pay for winning a title last year. 

For sure, and you know I'm right there with you. It sucks that the Lakers are quite literally falling apart, but that's definitely a fair trade for a title.

Archived