2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The problem is, if the Wolves do

go to Seattle, what happens to the history? Are they the Seattle Timberwolves? Does KG get mixed in with Shawn Kemp?  Or are the T-Wolves forgotten until another team expands there?

T-Wolves would be gone forever (or until another team gets there, which would be unlikely).

This is how it's done now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shouldn’t post this before the Lakers are officially out. But it strikes me how suddenly there seems to be no dynasties at the moment. Once the Lakers are out, the last Finals appearance for an active team will be what, the ‘11 Mavs? Guaranteed no repeat ECF and a repeat WCF looks unlikely. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 minutes ago, Digby said:

I shouldn’t post this before the Lakers are officially out. But it strikes me how suddenly there seems to be no dynasties at the moment. Once the Lakers are out, the last Finals appearance for an active team will be what, the ‘11 Mavs? Guaranteed no repeat ECF and a repeat WCF looks unlikely. 

Every team that has made the Finals since 1996 is active. (Sorry Seattle).

A guaranteed WCF rematch is not impossible. If both the Lakers and Nuggets advance, they’d play each other in the second round.

No no I mean the teams left in the playoffs — no Dubs or Cavs or Heat. You’ve got some fresh upstarts in the West and the East is mostly teams that were building up to this but frankly haven’t come all that close yet. It’s good stuff. Interesting to go from four straight Dubs vs Cavs to three straight wholly unique finals matchups.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

For sure, and you know I'm right there with you. It sucks that the Lakers are quite literally falling apart, but that's definitely a fair trade for a title.

And I’m positive every team and fan base in the world would take that trade for a title. 

Can’t complain too much tho, I’ve seen the Lakers win 6 titles. Very fortunate and grateful especially considering my other main teams (the Cowboys and LAFC) are perennial playoff chokers lmao. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

And I’m positive every team and fan base in the world would take that trade for a title. 

Can’t complain too much tho, I’ve seen the Lakers win 6 titles. Very fortunate and grateful especially considering my other main teams (the Cowboys and LAFC) are perennial playoff chokers lmao. 

My teams are the Lakers, Sounders, Bills and, to a lesser extent, the Seahawks, Syracuse basketball, and Storm.

It's been a good few years for me and I have nothing to complain about.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Good lord. We're going to transition nicely from the LeBron era to the Luka era:

Remember how after MJ we kept on asking who would be next? Was it Grant Hill? Or Vince Carter? Or T-Mac? Or, I don't know, Stackhouse?

Turns it out it was Kobe, except Kobe was his own thing eventually, and then it was LeBron, who was also completely different. Luka feels like the scoring and passing combo of LeBron and Kobe; just needs to add some defense and then it feels like we're going to be spending a lot of time talking Luka the next 10-15 years.

EDIT: And then also wondering WTF Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta were thinking. Especially Sacramento!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ayton and Trae Young are both great and having fantastic postseason debuts. Maybe one of them is the Hakeem to Luka’s Jordan, but I don’t see anything more than perennial All-Star for their ceilings. 

Even though the NBA doesn’t care about marketing teams that aren’t in LA or New York, this second round is looking like a fantastic showcase for the league’s future talent. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Jae Crowder starting 3 of 3 from 3. Great!

EDIT: Booker 5-5 from 3 (nope -- 6 as I was typing) and AD is out.

That 2020 title sure was fun.

15 hours ago, who do you think said:

The Lakers and LeBron down 3-2? The other LA team and Kawhi also down 3-2?

Get ready for some refball.

So far, not the way you'd expect. It's a technical foul party!!

And, the bill for the Lakers' bubble title has officially come due.  We'll see what happens with a normal offseason and a more spread out 21-22 campaign.

VmWIn6B.png

1 minute ago, LMU said:

And, the bill for the Lakers' bubble title has officially come due.  We'll see what happens with a normal offseason and a more spread out 21-22 campaign.

Props to the team for not giving up in the second half, but they clearly were cooked after AD went down in game 4. And, really, it just felt like a matter of time for that to happen too.

LeBron and AD need a full season to rest, they need to figure out what they're doing with Schroeder, and they need to integarate AD2 for real.

The 2020 Lakers were an amazing team and story. Sucks to see them go out like this, but sometimes that's what happens.

Archived