2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

On 6/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, BBTV said:

I guess Dr. Lebron now has plenty of time to have the "critical conversations" with his family about whether or not it's in his best interest to get vaccinated.  

LeBron just wants to get vaccinated with his friends!!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad the Mavericks couldn't come through. I guess I can live with one of the two soulless LA pickup teams being knocked out after round one though.

What a bland finals Nets-Clippers would be though. Even if the franchises themselves haven't been there, all the relevant players on both teams are been-there-done-thats shuffled around and redistributed like some 2K franchise mode gone wrong. At least LeBron would have had the 5th ring angle.

And lord help me if/when they play a game in LA with the Clippers in the black San Andreas uniforms and the Nets in their home whites. Basketball dystopia.

16 hours ago, who do you think said:

Too bad the Mavericks couldn't come through. I guess I can live with one of the two soulless LA pickup teams being knocked out after round one though.

What a bland finals Nets-Clippers would be though. Even if the franchises themselves haven't been there, all the relevant players on both teams are been-there-done-thats shuffled around and redistributed like some 2K franchise mode gone wrong. At least LeBron would have had the 5th ring angle.

And lord help me if/when they play a game in LA with the Clippers in the black San Andreas uniforms and the Nets in their home whites. Basketball dystopia.

"b-b-but they're not breaking their decades-long championship droughts the RIGHT way!!! you can't just sign good free agents to make your team better NOOOOOOO!!!"

we're going to see a team win its first title in decades (or period) no matter what happens from this point forward. don't know about you, but I couldn't be happier about it.

53Ocz8U.png

This is as open as the NBA playoffs have been in a while and it's wonderful. As much as everyone loves dynasties and they give people reasons to watch, I like this better. I usually have a rooting interest - for the Grizzlies (rarely there), for Lebron (often there), against James Harden (sometimes there?) - but not really having that in the second round is great. I guess I'm somewhat rooting against the Nets, but I like Kevin Durant enough that I wouldn't be disappointed by it.

I think fully healthy, the Nets are by far the best team left. Jesus Milwaukee...

Count me in as being glad of having a franchise win it's first title ever or in a long time.

The Nets defense has been better in the playoffs but not THAT much better; a team like the Bucks should have no trouble breaking 100 on them. If Tatum and a bunch of G-Leaguers were at least competitive half the time in the last series, how do the Bucks look worse?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

"b-b-but they're not breaking their decades-long championship droughts the RIGHT way!!! you can't just sign good free agents to make your team better NOOOOOOO!!!"

we're going to see a team win its first title in decades (or period) no matter what happens from this point forward. don't know about you, but I couldn't be happier about it.

Well the Nets are deeply gross and unlikeable, but otherwise it is nice to see a new crop of elite teams and up-and-coming stars. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

25 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

I fully expect to be tired of all of these teams in about four years.

The smartest thing the Raptors did was not resign Kawhi (I know they didn't have a choice). They were able to escape "ugh, this team again?" fatigue because they were one and done.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Nets are the Florida/Miami Marlins of the NBA. They have no earned fanbase or history so they just go for whatever.

I really thought the Bucks would show up differently; this has been sad to watch.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There’s something oddly encouraging about the Jazz missing 20 straight shots in the first half, and still winning by 3. It was ugly, but I’ll take it! Not trying to get ahead of myself, but getting up 1-0 without Conley and (hopefully) getting the ugly game out of the way against a very talented team is something I feel good about. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

There’s something oddly encouraging about the Jazz missing 20 straight shots in the first half, and still winning by 3. It was ugly, but I’ll take it! Not trying to get ahead of myself, but getting up 1-0 without Conley and (hopefully) getting the ugly game out of the way against a very talented team is something I feel good about. 

If it's against the Clippers you've got the whole world on your side.

Would have been nice to see them keep it in the 7-10 point range they had heading into the last minute, but a win is a win.

Suns with another impressive victory over the Nuggets. Honestly right now , this is incredible watching this team. Chris Paul coming to the Valley is the best thing since Nash. Yes I’m excited 

Why is every other playoff game a blowout? 9 times out of 10 when I tune in to a game in the third quarter, one team is up 15-20 points already. And (for the most part) these teams are alternating bad losses. Atlanta can smoke Philly for most of the game in Philadelphia, but they get manhandled at home.  

Archived