2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

20 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

This is why I don't believe the hype until the finals. Anything can happen.

This is on Nash for keeping a hopeless Harris in for so long and only playing half his team.

I don’t really know what else he was supposed to do, with no Kyrie and a hobbled Harden they didn’t have a lot of good options, it was not a great bench. 

“Defense wins championships” holds for another year. Unless the Hawks get a ring.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Ben Simmons passed up a clear dunk/layup to give up the ball because he's a scared little child who's afraid of doing anything that resembles shooting the ball.  I've taken dumps that have more confidence in their shots than him.  He's trash.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, passing up that dunk was really bad.

The Sixers play like a bunch of knuckleheads.

EDIT: I posted that before Embiid decided to hand the ball over to Galinari.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Embiid's not the problem.  He's playing through some stuff that most players wouldn't even try to, and he's putting up 30+ / game while at probably 50%.  Danny Green being out for the series didn't help, but Ben Simmons represents everything that's wrong with pro sports.  He collects a guaranteed contract for zero effort and zero heart.  Zero preparation, and zero Fs given.  I absolutely hate him.

Joel Embiid should cripple him.  If Simmons had 1/10th of Embiid's heart they'd be in the ECF.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No way. This is absolutely crazy. 

Either the Suns, Clippers, Hawks or Bucks will win the title. 

If anyone said that at the start of the season, they’d have been ruthlessly made fun of lmao

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I ain't bitter - I don't even really watch basketball, but I can see that Atlanta is a really good team, Tre Young is incredible, and they should probably have been a higher seed and are in the ECF on merit.  But Ben Simmons is proof that dog turds can actually breathe.

Ben Simmons’ aversion to shooting and the lack of a shot creating guard is what will keep Philly from completing the Process. 

(BTW, who predicted that Trae Young might reach the Finals before Luka Doncic? Is he does, did the Hawks win that trade?)

To steal one of my favorite lines in recent CCSLC memory, Ben Simmons can eat all the farts.  Scumbag.

Thought that would be a repeat of the other East series, two teams cruelly impossible to truly separate, until that last 5 minutes. OUCH. Booed off your own court in a game seven…brutal stuff from Philly.

Taking nothing away from the Hawks who have been brilliant, and totally shook off Trae having an off night at the start. The kind of fearless performance that fits a top-two seed.

Lloyd Pierce will never have an NBA job again, what on earth was that guy doing?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Ben Simmons’ aversion to shooting and the lack of a shot creating guard is what will keep Philly from completing the Process. 

They lost. That's the ultimate completion of the process. It was only ever about losing and that's what the franchise does.

On a series note, the healthy team wins again.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Sixers blew leads of 18 and 25 to lose two games of this series.  And Glenn Rivers has a guaranteed contract.  What's the incentive for losers like him and Ben Simmons to give any Fs?  In the real world, neither of them would be able to hold any kind of job.

Philadelphia has been going through a bit of a "thing" with our Streets dept. and sanitation workers, and in many neighborhoods, trash and/or recycling hasn't been picked up for a couple of weeks.  Those sanitation workers bust their asses, likely got covid because they had to work all through the pandemic, and are fighting just to get hazard pay, which should have been instantly granted to them but [pre-mod edit for politics].  Ben Simmons and Glenn Rivers should have to work on those trucks for a couple of weeks and see what it's like to really "work hard" in life - not "work hard" on a game court for a half hour.  My guess is that neither one has really worked a day in their life.  Their hearts are like Lebron's brain.

5 minutes ago, Unocal said:

If you’re TNT, is this the worst possible ECF from a ratings perspective?

The league really wants Giannis to happen. They're thrilled he's in the ECF. A Kawhi-less WCF? Not so sure.

the four teams left have a combined title drought of 217 years. all four have individual title droughts of 50 years or more. that is insane.

9 minutes ago, Unocal said:

If you’re TNT, is this the worst possible ECF from a ratings perspective?

why do people always dismiss Atlanta? I know the Hawks aren't exactly a prestigious franchise, but that's still a huge market.

53Ocz8U.png

I don’t really watch the NBA a lot (I’ve been following these playoffs though cause they’ve been freakin’ amazing). And even I know that when you can’t play one of your “stars” in the last minute of Game 7 because of limitations in his game, that’s brutal. That’s not the kind of stuff you want to be paying max money for. 

On the flip side, I’ve been kind of bandwagoning with Atlanta because I absolutely love the swagger Trae plays with. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle the Bucks. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Unocal said:

If KD’s foot was behind the line and that game 7 shot won the game, would we be saying Giannis also lacks heart or is that just a Simmons thing?

That's silly. Giannis scored 40 yesterday. He clearly gives a :censored:.

Archived