Jump to content

2020-2021 NBA Season Thread


DG_ThenNowForever
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very unfortunate for Giannis tonight. Hate to see the best player on both teams be out. I gotta say though, I'm proud as hell of my Hawks. The bench stepped up hugely and guaranteed one more game in Atlanta. It's been a fun ass ride, and win or lose, I can't wait to be there in person on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bucks fear it’s a torn ACL for Giannis…

 

Eff this season. This is on Silver and the owners for pushing so many games in such a short time. 

 

If this is indeed the end of the season for Giannis, that means there’s no superstars or top 10 players left in the playoffs. This might be unprecedented in the modern era.  I honestly can’t remember a Finals that didn’t feature at least one superstar. Might have to go back to the 70’s for the last time this happened.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Bucks fear it’s a torn ACL for Giannis…

 

Eff this season. This is on Silver and the owners for pushing so many games in such a short time. 

 

If this is indeed the end of the season for Giannis, that means there’s no superstars or top 10 players left in the playoffs. This might be unprecedented in the modern era.  I honestly can’t remember a Finals that didn’t feature at least one superstar. Might have to go back to the 70’s for the last time this happened.  

 

Probably the Sonics/Bullets B2B's in 1978-1979

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Bucks fear it’s a torn ACL for Giannis…

As a Wisconsin sports fan, I thoroughly do not trust "sources close to the team" that was reported by someone outside the team these days, so I'm not gonna draw any conclusions until the MRI Wednesday.  Giannis could walk afterwards, and that's the hope I'm holding on to for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, packerfan21396 said:

As a Wisconsin sports fan, I thoroughly do not trust "sources close to the team" that was reported by someone outside the team these days, so I'm not gonna draw any conclusions until the MRI Wednesday.  Giannis could walk afterwards, and that's the hope I'm holding on to for now.


I really, really hope Giannis is okay, but it’s very common for people to be able to walk despite tearing an ACL. Hopefully the MRI tomorrow doesn’t show anything bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, and I even remember thinking while Reggie Miller had some optimism about Giannis being able to walk to walk on his own that you can have a torn ACL and still do that. It didn't mean I was saying he'd torn his ACL, but it's far from an out-of-the-woods situation, either. :censored:, Klay shot free throws and tried to run on what later was shown to be a torn ACL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can absolutely have a torn ACL and walk away.  Hell - you can do plenty of things with a torn ACL... just not play basketball.  IIRC there have been more than one hockey goalie that have played with torn ACLs.  Carson Wentz played a series and threw a TD pass on a torn ACL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Bucks fear it’s a torn ACL for Giannis…

 

Eff this season. This is on Silver and the owners for pushing so many games in such a short time. 

 

If this is indeed the end of the season for Giannis, that means there’s no superstars or top 10 players left in the playoffs. This might be unprecedented in the modern era.  I honestly can’t remember a Finals that didn’t feature at least one superstar. Might have to go back to the 70’s for the last time this happened.  

 

Paul George might not be top 10, but I'd say he at least qualifies as a superstar.

 

It is kind of ironic that the much-maligned "Playoff P" is the last superstar standing in the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

You can absolutely have a torn ACL and walk away.  Hell - you can do plenty of things with a torn ACL... just not play basketball.  IIRC there have been more than one hockey goalie that have played with torn ACLs.  Carson Wentz played a series and threw a TD pass on a torn ACL.

 

Philip Rivers famously played the whole 2007 AFC Championship Game on a torn ACL and meniscus, six days after the injury happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:


I really, really hope Giannis is okay, but it’s very common for people to be able to walk despite tearing an ACL. Hopefully the MRI tomorrow doesn’t show anything bad. 


Bucks just announced no structural damage for Giannis. He didn’t tear anything. Thank goodness. Hopefully he can return before the Hawks take the series

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:


Bucks just announced no structural damage for Giannis. He didn’t tear anything. Thank goodness. Hopefully he can return before the Hawks take the series

*ESPN's sources announced no structural damage.  Still unofficial until I see the Bucks themselves say something, but if true, couldn't have asked for better news.  Still would try to take the series without Giannis.

 

EDIT: Bucks have only stated that it's still just a knee hyperextension following the MRI, so I think it's fair to rule out a torn ACL.  Fantastic news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

 

Paul George might not be top 10, but I'd say he at least qualifies as a superstar.

 

It is kind of ironic that the much-maligned "Playoff P" is the last superstar standing in the playoffs.


I kind of think we throw out the term superstar a bit too much. By definition there really can’t be more than a few superstars in any given year. 
 

IMO, the superstars in the league currently are (in no particular order) LeBron, AD, KD, Harden, Giannis, Kawhi, Luka, Steph, and Embiid. Then you have players like Kyrie, Dame, PG, Mitchell, Jokic, Murray, Butler (and etc.) who are star players capable of either playing like superstars or ascending to that superstar level in any given year. 
 

But Paul George has certainly been playing like a superstar in these playoffs. No doubt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Unocal said:

Not only did CP3 make it, it wasn't just an along for the ride performance tonight.

 

41 points!

That was just the whole team tonight. Just so happens he got hot. Ayton was amazing and Crowder was great behind the 3. So excited right now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.