2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

The switch back to green and red was a great move and they should have stuck with it permanently -- none of this green and black and painter's-tape blue stuff.

Blue is barely used, the only blue uniform in the current Bucks look's span is the current City uniform (the water one).  Black is only used on the Statement (black with stripe across the chest) and as a supporting color on the Earned (green antler sides).  So the Bucks colors are mostly the green and cream, which I don't mind.  Sure, the green and red is historic to the organization, but I understand the change because green and red are both bold colors that clash when used together without much separation.  Cream has a city connection, and green and cream together makes a nice outdoorsy vibe for a team named after a game animal hunted up nort'.  Most of these playoffs, the Bucks have worn their normal Association (white) unis, which is fine by me.  However, if Bucks in 6 occurs, we'll have a Cavs situation where they win it wearing black, and black might be put in the identity more, so who knows.  The only Bucks unis I hate are Nike one-offs, the traditional home white and away darks haven't been that bad throughout the years; from Christmas Celtics to Irish Rainbow v1 to Irish Rainbow v2 to 90s Purple to Christmas Resurrection to now.  Clearly biased though.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like I did the day after for my football "Bucs" if the basketball Bucks pull this off, I'm going to check out some Milwaukee sports talk tomorrow just to see the reactions going down. It's fun sometimes to peak into other markets and hear the stories these fans tell as they can celebrate the peak of fandom.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

So...who knew the Bucks' arena was going to morph into the Milwaukee Bakery tonight?

I know one thing: if they don't clean up those turnovers--and actually run some sets on offense-- they ain't winning in 6. Not tonight. We'll see what adjustments they make after the half...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Giannis....maaaaaaan, Giannis.  Way to save the best for last🏆🦌

(And as an aside, man...rookie Giannis looked like a little kid compared to Giannis now)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

GIANNIS!!!!!!

(But oh yeah, let's not forget Khris Middleton in all this...he's been there the whole time, too. But yeah...Giannis.)

Congrats to the Bucks, and to all of Milwaukee! Y'all enjoy this, man!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Giannis, man. He actually did it. Brought a title to Milwaukee when everyone made fun of him for it.

What a performance by Giannis. That was the best closeout championship performance I've ever seen, offensively and defensively. He's gonna be a top 10 player all-time, no doubt. It's hard not to love him, even as someone who doesn't root for the Bucks at all.

Congratulations to all the Bucks fans here. Y'all have one helluva player. 

*And thank you for beating the Suns. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Well, I'm sad for the Suns, who have never won it all, but I guess I'm happy for the city of Milwaukee, the Bucks, and their fans. I had no dog in this year's playoffs. Enjoy it, y'all. I got my championship fix 2 years ago, and it was pretty sweet.

Congrats to Milwaukee, congrats to Giannis, congrats to anyone who says a :censored:hole market like Milwaukee will never win.

Now that Giannis put a banner in the gym, you kind of get the feeling he's not done doing that.

Hoping for Bucks/Lakers in 22 (maybe Paul's in LA?).

Now looking forward to a full off-season where players can actually get healthy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Meanwhile, KD's agent just put in a call to the Bucks' front office...

Scott Foster called the game so Bucks couldn't lose that.

Suns should and could took that in five games but they lacked experience and consistency, G4 was a swing of momentum for Bucks which rised their chance for champs. Congrats to Bucks fans.

4r2eer.png

As a lifelong Suns fan, last night kinda sucked, but I'm still amazed that team made the run they did this season. They're still young, so hopefully they'll get another shot at the title. But man, Giannis was just flat-out unstoppable. It was a really fun and mostly even series.

I'm doing much better this time compared to in '93, when I was 7 and in Disneyworld when the Bulls won. :censored: you, Jon Paxson.

10 hours ago, The Six said:

Unfortunately for the Suns, the Bucks were healthy. Great run by Giannis, and I'm glad to see him get his ring.

Well, other than losing the starting point guard for the season during the playoffs.

I'm not an NBA fan, but it sure was fun watching this with my youngest son last night. I don't think he fell asleep until right before I left for work this morning.

It's where I sit.

It’s pretty amazing (and also really, really cool) that in an era of shooting and superteams, the Bucks one with only one true superstar, whose main weakness is that he can’t shoot. 

Congrats to the Bucks and Milwaukee. This was a win-win finals for the neutral so I’m happy to see Giannis go out and dominate. He’s basically got a complete resume at age 26. Incredible. 

spacer.png

Archived