2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

Magic basketball was fun for a few seasons but now we're back in Painville where we belong. Fultz and Isaac will probably never be the same players again, and without them we're clearly nothing. May as well tank to draw the next winner of the Orlando Magic Injury Lottery presented by AdventHealth.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was feeling so smug that this is the year that Steph and the Warriors are finally cooked...but nope! Maybe they were being coy losing all those games by 30 because they look like a good-ass team now and Steph is carrying all of it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Man, the Hornets may not be worldbeaters, but I am so happy to finally have an exciting team. LaMelo is looking like the best pick in franchise history and man are we finally due for some luck. Hopefully we can compete when Batum and Terry's contracts are up and we can go after another good player.

the user formerly known as cdclt

12 minutes ago, QCS said:

Man, the Hornets may not be worldbeaters, but I am so happy to finally have an exciting team. LaMelo is looking like the best pick in franchise history and man are we finally due for some luck. Hopefully we can compete when Batum and Terry's contracts are up and we can go after another good player.

The two most-maligned off-season franchises -- Knicks and Hornets -- are playing really exciting basketball so far. Feels really exciting!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The two most-maligned off-season franchises -- Knicks and Hornets -- are playing really exciting basketball so far. Feels really exciting!

It really is. The Hornets subreddit is really fun to be a part of (much better than the depressed Panthers sub) and I cannot wait to see LaMelo in person. Another season like this and I'll have to get a Ball jersey!

the user formerly known as cdclt

31 minutes ago, QCS said:

Has Lavar Ball challenged MJ yet?

Sports needs more Lavar Balls.  A lot more.  Is Big Baller Brand still a thing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Haven't seen any terms yet, but Brooklyn moving from (with?) Kyrie to Harden seems like playing with so much fire. But when they're on, Harden and KD are top 5 players. I've been in on Brooklyn since the start, and this has the potential to make them a Finals favorite from the east. Huge high risk/high reward move.

EDIT:

So I think I read this as:

Rockets:

- 4 first round picks + 4 pick swaps

- Caris LaVert

- Dante Exum

- Rodions Kurucs

Cavs:

- Jarrett Allen

- Taurean Prince

Nets:

- James Harden

- Kept Kyrie

The Nets could start a team with Kyrie, Harden and KD. If they're all pointed in the same direction, they could be impossible to beat.

8 minutes ago, kimball said:

I look at all of those picks and can't help but wonder if the Nets EVER learned their lesson?

Apparently not.

The only way Brooklyn repeats history is if  2/3 stars get hurt. In 2012 the core was aging. In 2021 the core is all relatively in their respective primes.

27 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The only way Brooklyn repeats history is if  2/3 stars get hurt. In 2012 the core was aging. In 2021 the core is all relatively in their respective primes.

There's also the star-PG-turned-rookie-coach at work. Although we'll have to see whether Nash tries to stage a failed front-office coup at the end of the season for the parallels to hold further.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I think it's a great move for the Nets and the Rockets. It's a good move for the Cavs, who now have Love, Drummond, Allen and SexLand. They're not a Finals team or anything, but that could be a really competitive team next year. Especially if they can get out of the Love deal.

Archived