2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

LeBron is the ultimate floor-raiser, I don't see Curry carrying a bunch of bums to the finals but generally who does?  Jordan didn't, Bird didn't, Kobe didn't.  There are outliers like AI going supernova but I'm not gonna hold "not being LeBron" over Steph unless one is trying to make the comparison.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

LeBron is the ultimate floor-raiser, I don't see Curry carrying a bunch of bums to the finals but generally who does?  Jordan didn't, Bird didn't, Kobe didn't.  There are outliers like AI going supernova but I'm not gonna hold "not being LeBron" over Steph unless one is trying to make the comparison.

Being the first unanimous MVP makes that comparison. 

Kyrie Irving joined James Harden and Kevin Durant to play Cleveland...and they lost in double OT.

That's not really a knock on Kyrie; he rejoined a new group after a sabbatical and they almost won...twice. The Nets will be fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

Kemba's honestly looking like a worse contract than Heyward. 

At least with Heyward it wasn't exactly his fault because of the injury. 

It's games like this that really show how the Celtics are just 1 big man away from being a championship team.

With a guy like Harden/Westbrook/KD/Kawhi they would easily be Finals favorites. 

as far as the nets go, rest of the league is going D and team baskeball.

Miami and Boston look strong, as do PHI of course, even NY are defending hard now.

Idk why ISO ball with no D is supposed to win in the east now. maybe out west but you got tough teams in the east ready to throw down. look at WAS!

27 minutes ago, Digby said:

Take a minute to recalibrate your expectations to know that Nets are in blue and the Wizards are in grey.

This exactly. Took me a moment to realize, who is who, even though I am well familiar with both uniforms. This shouldn't be happening.

21 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Boy the Mavericks sure do stink!

Before the season evryone was "Luka for MVP!!", and while he has put up MVP-type stats, are you really the Most Valuable Player if you can't carry your team to .500 without your 2nd star? Right now it looks like Porzingis is more valuable to the Mavs.

Also, is LeBron trying to outduel Brady for "Longest prime in Sports History"?

looking forward to this season getting interesting. lot of surprise teams in the regular season but could it just come down to lakers going the distance. checking the odds over at sportsbetting3.com and not convinced anyone is ready in the east this year.

18 minutes ago, cobberL said:

looking forward to this season getting interesting. lot of surprise teams in the regular season but could it just come down to lakers going the distance. checking the odds over at sportsbetting3.com and not convinced anyone is ready in the east this year.

Philly has been near-unbeatable with Simmons and Embiid playing together. Tobias Harris is having a great year too. Their biggest achilles heel in the playoffs is their coach.

Otherwise, I don't know. Brooklyn needs to make a move for defense but I think they're out of assets. Otherwise, I think the East isn't doing so hot this season. That or they're all beating each other up, which is also possible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived