DG_ThenNowForever

2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Last I checked, Lakers still have Lebron. So they'll be fine. 

"Fine" is a whole lot different than "repeat as champions," but I do agree in general that they'll probably be okay. They're only going as far as AD can go, which is true of any title contender. Brooklyn isn't winning without all three guys. Ditto Utah, Denver and Milwaukee. Utah and LAC are healthy right now, LAL isn't. 

2 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

As far as I'm concerned, Lakers are basically an auto lock for the Finals as long as they have Lebron.  

Even if they end up a 4 or 5 seed. 

Because that totally happened 2 years ago... and without AD this team is at the same level or worse than they were 2 years ago

Just now, dont care said:

Because that totally happened 2 years ago... and without AD this team is at the same level or worse than they were 2 years ago

Are we pretending Lebron hasn't taken vastly, vastly, vastly, vastly, worse teams to The Finals? 

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Are we pretending Lebron hasn't taken vastly, vastly, vastly, vastly, worse teams to The Finals? 

Without AD, yes...

Even moreso than usual, feels like the regular season won't mean much and just making the playoffs will be the goal. Seeding might not be irrelevant the way it was in the neutral-site bubble, but probably close to it.

11 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. 

IDK people worry about a Lebron James team when they makes the finals 99% of the time. 

It's like people saying Tom Brady is done for when he strings together two bad games in a row in October and we see how that's worked out.

13 minutes ago, See Red said:

It's like people saying Tom Brady is done for when he strings together two bad games in a row in October and we see how that's worked out.

At least 2019 proved that even Brady can’t take a bad team to the championship. 

Lebron in 2007 & 2018 proved he can. 

2 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

At least 2019 proved that even Brady can’t take a bad team to the championship. 

Lebron in 2007 & 2018 proved he can. 

That was also in the East, 

7 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

LeBron moved West, the West moved East.

To a degree, you still have a strong clippers, and jazz teams that would be 1 or 2 seeds at a minimum in the East. Even the nuggets who are currently an 8 seed would be a 4 seed in the East.

Knicks are tied for the 4th best record in the Eastern conference in February who would have thunk it.

Knicks win! Now a winning record when the calendar flips to March (18-17)

Edited by TrueYankee26