New York Jets Rebrand | The "Yoda Logo"

Brave-Bird 08

Yes, the "Yoda" logo. That's how I'm going to have to start this one. For those who have been following my NFL uniform concept series, you know I've made a few presentation adjustments here or there. But, overall, I have stuck to basic template fiddling and uniform concepts. Well, one thing I am hoping to get better at is actual logo design, and I will say, even after many years and some pretty silly posts on these boards I love to go back and laugh at, I know I have a long way to go. 

This concept is more of just a raw, mid-work start on the New York Jets -- so, since I am approaching this concept more from a working standpoint, I do hope the mods see it fit for me to start its own thread. Once I feel I like the result, I will run it back through the series, since many of the other teams will not be getting full logo treatments. 

There's two concepts here. The first, which is where I started, is an attempt at returning the Jets back to the original Titans colors (with some hue tweaks). As I was making the change, I realized the color scheme does work really well with the moniker because you can make a pilot uniform. I used a silhouette of the Empire State Building on pilot wings as the starter for the logo. The main goal here was simple -- make something that is more than just a wordmark and a football. 

But, I wanted to push the envelope. As I have said in my series, I really like getting funky with concepts. I've been on these boards for years, and over time you see a lot of the same great, well executed ideas. For me, I am trying to get people to go "woah wtf" more often than going "oh, nice." Because that's how I kind of experience these boards lol. 

So...this helmet. Is something. I ran the building onto the helmet bumper from the front-facing logo. The jerseys also do not have NOB, but instead names as patches. This is operating under the idea the NFL would for some reason remove requirements for nameplates, which aren't really all that necessary, especially with smaller rosters and no duplicate numbers, like you get in college or high school where nameplates are not required. 

759c5f49cd1f5b3168b37bf1839d8dd6.png?compress=1&resize=1000x75049712c3eb81a2aa169933459da2e9cc1.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

15ca6162aae1ebe24facead385a2ebf3.png?compress=1&resize=1000x7509595ac8581bd9b983332aed9d828e748.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

Concept No. 2 is more conventional. I tweaked the colors, using a green closer to the State of Liberty's seafoam hue, but too light, and going from black to a "gunmetal" deep grey. Think Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but green instead of red. 

I also switched up the tower, trying to make this one a bit more streamlined and have less roundels in it. The choice for me is a building I have not seen in a logo yet, Freedom Tower. I hope, sincerely, that this seems tastefully done as kind of an ode to New York taking flight once again -- showing resilience, as I believe that tower does, while keeping with the aviation theme. Afterall, the goal here is to convey New York and Jets, together. Would love feedback on that part, which could be a good learning experience for me when it comes to intentional branding. 

With the uniforms, they're pretty simple, and use the diagonal shape from the tower in the pant stripe. 

1e94ef504408aeaa4b91fc3f83462781.png?compress=1&resize=1000x7503431ce4831a7beb2f5c8ebf5c5116734.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

bc96cc12cf33fc256e8bc3ba7e4e1bae.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750524cfc51e29a2be646a9f78dd5f17a2d.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

This is all I have for tonight, but tomorrow I do want to try some more color variations. To me, the current uniforms kind of give off a Marshall Thundering Herd vibe, and I think I can use more white and different color sequences to make these speak more to the 80s uniforms that are so popular. 

All feedback is welcome! I really do love sharing my doodles here. 

(EDIT: Just noticed my dimensions were a bit off on my Dribbble upload, so we are missing some margins but no worries, everything is there!)

49 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I like the jerseys and the pants for both sets,..but the logos just aren't doing it for me. 

I think a shield design rather than the roundel would help accentuate the Empire State building. And I'd probably throw a contrail in front of it to emphasize that this is the Jets. I'd also use the area that you have for the nameplate to place the Jets wordmark since NFL rules require the nameplate go on the back of the jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like the green ones the best. Nice logo as well.

You should do a full re-brand for the Broncos. If it was me, I would go to an orange helmet with the same logo (but a little smaller) and a royal blue facemask, and I would overhaul the uniforms completely.

Really love both sets, but I prefer that green one, the shade of green is just so beautiful. I would probably go with the Empire State building over the freedom tower though, just as it is more well known globally as a NYC landmark. Both sets are really, really nice and tastefully done however. 

Well this is definitely out there. But it's not too bad! I like the idea the logo is going for, but I'll echo @MJWalker45 and say I think a shield design would better fit the empire state motif. As for the uniforms. The green version is my favorite of the two, slight logo changes and all. My only change would be filling in the triangular shape on the green pants with white. 

Also, I think the nameplate belongs on the back of the jersey, it just seems really gimmicky to have it on the front. And I can't imagine how long last names would fit. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived