My Take on the Would-be Cleveland Spiders

Wildcomet

Figured with the news of the Cleveland Indians changing their name, it'd be fun to get in on the Cleveland Baseball Club rebrand trend. The name I've been liking the most for them from what I've heard so far is the Cleveland Spiders, so here is my take on it!

I wanted it to still feel like a team with tradition so I kept to some classic fonts, with a bit of extra flair on them to try and really own the Spiders moniker. I've seen some excellent concepts on the boards already and wanted to not be too close to them. I thought the spiderwebs under the script would be a fun switch from the swooshing line typically underneath while serving a similar visual purpose. Putting the baseball seams inside the spider helped give it a little more character and connect it to the sport while also setting it apart a bit. In the main logo along with filling the center of the C with the spider, I flattened the edge in front of the spider's face so that the negative space inside the letter would take the shape of home plate. 

spacer.png

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!  I had a moment and made those changes quick. I'm worried without some of the spines the city wordmark is too plain so I may work more on finding a balance there or something else to tweak it, but looking back the spiky look was a little much. The white in the main logo helps I think too.

spacer.png

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Archived