Thrift Store Gems 2021

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what a way to end 2020 with a nice haul! I find a Phillies powder blue road jersey for $12, a 2007-11 Seattle Mariners BP jersey for $15, a San Francisco Giants alternate black jersey for $4, a Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch jersey for $20, an Everett Silvertips shirt for $4, and a Wilson leather Touchdown football for $7. Yay! :D

UBwef0L.png

• 4 weeks later...

Found a Leafs Reebok jersey from the one season they updated their look before Adidas, and picked it up on FB Marketplace for $20.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On Facebook Marketplace got a pair of jerseys for $60.  The defunct team Thunder Bay Bulldogs of the Junior 'A' league SIJHL.  #17 - both jerseys, base of jerseys are San Jose Sharks style from 1998-2007 with black and white BULLDOGS diagonally ala Rangers.  One jersey has league and sponsor patches on front and below number on back.  Saw them play a game or two when our beer league got tickets as a bonus when we purchased league insurance.  Remember them getting shellacked by the Fort William North Stars, who likely had more coaches/training staff on the bench then the Bulldogs had players (I exaggerate only slightly).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Well, a day later and I end up getting the Arenado jersey. I also found a Toronto Argonauts Orlondo Steinauer jersey for $20, which I found yesterday but got today. I also saw a Calvin Ridley Falcons jersey, but I passed on that. Not bad so far this year. :D

UBwef0L.png

On 1/26/2021 at 8:03 PM, johnnysama said:

Found a Dan Wilkinson Ohio State Buckeyes jersey (w/ the black TV numbers on the sleeve - a throwback to 1968!) for $8.

👀

I recently found Ohio State defensive tackle Taron Vincent's game-worn IMG Academy (high school) jersey from 2017 for $15. It's pretty beat up, which I find especially cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 5:36 PM, raysox said:

Lightning Reddit lit up today with the Authentic black gradient jersey being sold around the area for cheap. Someone tips off that there's a bunch at the TJ Maxx in Largo. I pop down there and grab one. For a laugh, I went next door to the Ross. Guess I was lucky.

Es8OaunW4AIBs-K?format=jpg&name=large

Es8OavBXAAUynlM?format=jpg&name=large

I picked up the Red Wings jersey in a Ross in Honolulu last week for the same price. 

Went to Ross a couple days ago and came across some Giannis Fear the Deer jerseys.  Fanatics replicas, true, but at $25, I figured I'd grab one.

Not sure when I'll be able to make it out to Burlington next, as I figure tomorrow's gonna be a long day at work and I gotta take care of a few things on Tuesday, but I'll be on the hunt👁️

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

s-l1600.jpg

Found this at a store up in NH. 

I still think they had one of the coolest logos & Jersey design in hockey. 

If there was 1 defunct team I could bring back, it's them 

My parents used to take me to their games at the Tsongas Center because we couldn't afford Bruins tickets, and I was too young to really understand the difference between AHL/NHL. Even today, I'm still confused exactly what team they were affiliated with. 

AHL Lowell Lock Monsters Reebok Hockey Jersey - 5 Star Vintage

I know at some point they were affiliated with the Hurricanes and had to go from perfection to this abomination. 

I'm not normally a night owl, but since I'm dealing with a family issue today, I wouldn't be able to make it out until either Saturday or next Tuesday.  The only post-worthy thing I came across was this...
20210224-175429.jpg

An earlier trip to Ross yielded a view of this sweet Inter Miami shirt.  If not for the size, I would've bought it.

20210111-153535.jpg

20210111-153543.jpg

...and at Salvation Army, I came across a little blast from the PS2...

20210123-130934.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 month later...

Snagged a couple adidas Indo-made NHL authentic jerseys (stitched crests and shoulder patches, fight strap) of the LA Kings (alt) and Vegas Golden Knights (home). I’ll get pics up on my Instagram page soon. Kings is a size 52, and Golden Knights a size 50. I am open to offers... 🙂

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

At Lot-Less in New York, they are selling 2019 NYCFC replica shirts for $6.

20210331-035731.jpg

NYCFC-flag-patch.png

The crest and the patches are sewn on, including the New York City flag patch at the back collar. The stripe is part of the material, as is the small pigeon patch at the bottom of the shirt's front.

This breaks my rule of not wearing advertiser logos; as such, it is my first soccer shirt of any kind. Also, the design bugs me; the ad could easily have been a little bit smaller, so that the stripe could remain unbroken.  But, notwithstanding my reservations both ideological and aesthetic, for $6 I could not pass this shirt up.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Instagram page in my bio is loaded with amazing jersey finds - I don't do thrift stores as much these days, but there are even better deals online if you know where/how to find them!

As far as Goodwill finds go... I technically bought this about a year ago, but I don't post here much anymore, so... dropped off by somebody about a month after Brady signed with Tampa:

YfVXjAE.jpg

Sold a week after the Super Bowl for $1,200 💥

• 1 month later...

Ross in Clearwater I randomly stopped in had the 2020 Serbian National Team home, away, and training top for about 20 bucks each

E2L0qj_WEAImepa?format=jpg&name=large

But I bought an authentic alternate All Blacks jersey for 10 bucks, which I'm sending out to a friend who replied on twitter

E2L1LnRWYAEJBvn?format=jpg&name=large

Archived