Thrift Store Gems 2021

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Been a while, but I got the 1997-2007 Washington Capitals black jersey for $15. :D

What a steal! I love the Caps’ branding from that era and would love a capitol building Ovechkin jersey. I know the team has embraced “Rock the Red” and all that, and if any team should use red and blue it should probably be the team in D.C., but with some modernization, the blue/bronze/black Caps could still look incredible today. 

spacer.png

About a month ago, I rectified a glaring omission as far as my caps go: it'd been a while since the last time I bought a new Bucks cap.  So I got a new Bucks cap at Burlington.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Earlier today, I figured I'd take advantage of my work day's start being pushed from 9 to 11 am, and looked around Burlington for the hell of it.  Came across this...

20210607-091704.jpg

...and decided I had to snap this up, even if it's a tighter fit than I'd like...

20210607-091441.jpg

Original price: $165.  Got it for $30.  Granted, the Dortmund shirt would've been cheaper, but damn if this Portugal shirt isn't fly.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Thrift stores finally opened to limited numbers this month here in Ontario, Canada.

Couple of Penguins jerseys for $9 each and this Minnesota Gophers hat for $3

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 6/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, greyraven8 said:

Thrift stores finally opened to limited numbers this month here in Ontario, Canada.

Couple of Penguins jerseys for $9 each and this Minnesota Gophers hat for $3

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really dig that Gophers cap! Is it fitted or adjustable?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Not sure if this counts as a "thrift store gem" but Adidas is currently having a sale on a ton of authentics. A few of them at 40%, plus use EXTRA20 for an additional 20% off the order.

https://www.adidas.com/us/men-hockey

I just scooped up a Bruins reverse retro jersey which I've wanted since I saw them come out for $90. Looks like they have the Oilers, Islanders, Predators, and Maple Leafs reverse retros left, along with a smattering of random home and away jerseys. Let me know if you snag anything!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Not sure if this counts as a "thrift store gem" but Adidas is currently having a sale on a ton of authentics. A few of them at 40%, plus use EXTRA20 for an additional 20% off the order.

I just scooped up a Bruins reverse retro jersey which I've wanted since I saw them come out for $90. Looks like they have the Oilers, Islanders, Predators, and Maple Leafs reverse retros left, along with a smattering of random home and away jerseys. Let me know if you snag anything!

My wife got the blue home Lightning jersey and the green St Paddys Lightning jersey.  

Don't know about anyone else, but I'll count it.

3 hours ago, Brass said:

I just scooped up a Bruins reverse retro jersey which I've wanted since I saw them come out for $90.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, TBGKon said:

My wife got the blue home Lightning jersey and the green St Paddys Lightning jersey.  

Did you guys receive your order yet? Mine is still showing up as "Pending" on FedEx.com and only says the information was sent to Adidas, but no confirmation is was actually shipped yet. I've contacted Adidas about it, but they said to hang tight and let them know if I haven't received it by Friday. Ten days seems like a long time to wait, but maybe July 4th is a busy time for the delivery business? I'm not well enough versed with either FedEx or the shipping business to really be upset over it.

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Did you guys receive your order yet? Mine is still showing up as "Pending" on FedEx.com and only says the information was sent to Adidas, but no confirmation is was actually shipped yet. I've contacted Adidas about it, but they said to hang tight and let them know if I haven't received it by Friday. Ten days seems like a long time to wait, but maybe July 4th is a busy time for the delivery business? I'm not well enough versed with either FedEx or the shipping business to really be upset over it.

Yes it arrived I think Thursday the 1st.  Came from Tennessee I think.

54 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Yes it arrived I think Thursday the 1st.  Came from Tennessee I think.

Shucks! Mine was supposed to arrive around the same time, but still showed as "Pending" back then and up to now. Guess I'll keep an eye on the mail...

what the hell is ccslc?

11 hours ago, Brass said:

Shucks! Mine was supposed to arrive around the same time, but still showed as "Pending" back then and up to now. Guess I'll keep an eye on the mail...

Holiday weekend may have slowed things up.

• 2 weeks later...

A curious find I came across: a Marvin Jones jersey...

20210724-125724.jpg

20210724-125736.jpg

Old striping, new numbers.

For all the rasslin fans

20210724-130004.jpg

The perfect socks for when you need to bang a garbage can 😑

20210724-130121.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

On 6/24/2021 at 6:13 PM, Frylock said:

I really dig that Gophers cap! Is it fitted or adjustable?

Gopher cap is adjustable - velcro on back

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• 1 month later...

Archived