Sign in to follow this  
Blitz

Couguars de Quebec NHL

Just a fun little experiment based around the premise of the Panthers not making it through Covid & relocating to Quebec City for 2022/23 (sorry Panthers fans..).

As the Avs own the Nords history I didn't want to go that route, and since the Panthers already have a strong, modern brand, I also wanted to retain some semblance of that as well.

So after a thorough tweaking - Voila! the Couguars de Quebec...

Primary;

spacer.png

Pays homage to the former Panthers identity, while also incorporating aspects from Quebec City's rich history & symbolism.

Secondary:

nzJkdld.png

Basically a similar premise to FLAs current secondary, remove text banner, replace Florida's flag w/ Quebec City's.

Thoughts?

Nicely done. 

I can get behind this for sure if Quebec City eventually get back into the NHL via relocation.. and that Fla Panthers head logo is good use and Im curious to see what the jerseys looks like...

I feel like you could take this to the next level and create the "Snow Leopards" by tweaking the panther. I'm not sure that shield thing(I honestly don't know what it is, and I apologize for being uncultured) would be fitting on a jersey. As a marketing tool, yes...but I don't see it working on a jersey. I could be wrong, though.

Awesome ideas! Would love to see what you have in mind for sweaters :) 

This is a really great job of relocating and rebranding a franchise in a way that can respect it's previous history and identity while also allowing it to slide into the culture of its new community and grow a new identity there. Well done!