NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

It's Week 17 of the 2020-21 season, so it's about time to start up this thread. All that we know is coming in 2021 is the new Packers throwback (was gonna release 2020 but got delayed) and the new Rams alternate (unknown if a recolor or throwback as of now.) The Nike Vapor Fusion template, which was tested out in 2020, is set to debut full-time for the NFL in either 2021 or 2022. Anything else that I missed?

• Like 5

da0Lbhs.png

The Washington rebrand could happen this offseason. Although, it’s been suggested that they may hold off for one more season or even keep the Football Team name.

I don’t think any other teams are up for new uniforms. Unless Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray have had any influence, Cincy and Arizona don’t seem to be budging.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Washington rebrand could happen this offseason. Although, it’s been suggested that they may hold off for one more season or even keep the Football Team name.

I don’t think any other teams are up for new uniforms. Unless Joe Burrow and Kyler Murray have had any influence, Cincy and Arizona don’t seem to be budging.

Can't change the name now -- they're division winners!

And yes, I'm being sarcastic. Mostly.

Also, I think Arizona definitely gets new uniforms this off-season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Didn't Green Bay scrap a throwback for this year in favor of next year?  Or am I misremembering?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Didn't Green Bay scrap a throwback for this year in favor of next year? 

Yes, already noted in the first post. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm thinking Rams alts will be going yellow this year and black next year.

And also, having 8 redesigns last year, I am just fine having a year off. Gotta savor it. In the next 3 years, however, I'd like to see a new Bengals, Cardinals, and Panthers, not to mention a name for Washington

• Like 2

fiowXOD.png

I really don’t get the reasoning behind Carolina needing new uniforms. Is there any concrete evidence to support the claim? The current ones are fine, but I could see them going in a Coltsdirection. Not a total overhaul, but rather refining the current look.

The first step should revolve around the shoulder number sizing issue. For whatever reason, I’m assuming cut/template issues, the shoulder numbers have received a noticeable size change. Either take out the sleeve logos and move the numbers to the sleeves or just take them off and keep the logos on the sleeves.

The second step is changing the helmet stripe. It’s arguably one of, if not, the worst in the league. It gets dangerously close to the helmet logos. Either go stripeless or match them to the jersey and pants.

The third step is fixing the pants stripe. Now, it isn’t a huge deal and I could live without a fix, but the bottom just looks weird. Streamline the stripe and have it even all the way down, like a normal pants stripe would be (see Texans, Patriots, etc.)

Other than that, there’s no real reason to give Carolina a complete overhaul. Again, the uniforms aren’t bad. They just need a little TLC

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 20

All those things you just said are true, but I can live with them if they would just stop playing mix-and-match so much.  Just have silver pants.  That's it.  If they need black, then they should only be worn with the black jersey maybe once a year.  at this point, they have Titanitis, where it takes you a few seconds every time they're on TV before you recognize who they are.  They had a very solid brand for close to 25 years, but they've really chipped away at it the last few.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the contrary, what they should do get rid of silver and only go with blue socks. A blue helmet would be almost completely unique in the league, since every other blue helmet is either navy or royal blue. Silver pants would be fine, I guess, if they were actually metallic and not a dull gray. They looked much better back when metallic fabrics were used.

• Like 9

the user formerly known as cdclt

15 minutes ago, QCS said:

On the contrary, what they should do get rid of silver and only go with blue socks. A blue helmet would be almost completely unique in the league, since every other blue helmet is either navy or royal blue. Silver pants would be fine, I guess, if they were actually metallic and not a dull gray. They looked much better back when metallic fabrics were used.

The best place to see how this would look is the Dallas Renegades of the XFL.

spacer.png

The Renegades blue is a few shades lighter than Carolina, but it gives a good context of what it would look like. If Carolina did go with a blue helmet, they’d almost have to axe the silver pants in favor of blue and black pants.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The best place to see how this would look is the Dallas Renegades of the XFL.

spacer.png

The Renegades blue is a few shades lighter than Carolina, but it gives a good context of what it would look like. If Carolina did go with a blue helmet, they’d almost have to axe the silver pants in favor of blue and black pants.

Yeah, that's the point. The silver is superfluous in the identity and axing it in favor of a blue helmet is the right way to go. Not to self-promote, but I did explore this concept about a year ago:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I removed silver, burned the black socks, and replaced the sleeve logo with TV numbers. As long as there are no blue pants, this set would be pretty much perfect. The only thing it requires is a new logo with a preferably black stroke, to avoid the awful blending that happens too often with the current logo.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

I can see a lot of teams being way more inclined to add/replace alternates or even full overhauls as a way to make up some of the lack of ticket revenue this year. Maybe even a league wide thing similar to NBA city or NHL reverse retro if the league sees if those sell well or not. As a Bills fan it wouldn't shock me at all to see them either getting a new alternate or even a whole new home/road set. The demand for Bills jerseys is super high right now in Buffalo and I guess Allen jerseys were pretty much sold out everywhere during Christmas and are still hard to find. The Sabres just did a whole new re-brand which appear to be selling well and they're terrible, wouldn't surprise me at all for the Pegulas to think they could make even more money if they did the same with the Bills. I know locally fans have been clamoring for the return to red helmets.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QCS said:

As long as there are no blue pants, this set would be pretty much perfect. The only thing it requires is a new logo with a preferably black stroke, to avoid the awful blending that happens too often with the current logo.

See, I’d rather have blue pants over white pants. It creates a better balance.

Using your concept as a basis,

Blue/White/Blue

Blue/Black/Blue

and the occasional blue/white/white

That's all they need really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

See, I’d rather have blue pants over white pants. It creates a better balance.

Using your concept as a basis,

Blue/White/Blue

Blue/Black/Blue

and the occasional blue/white/white

That's all they need really.

While I get where you're coming from, I personally really like how white over white looks with blue socks, so I'd rather they keep that. Plus, having blue socks but no blue pants completely avoids the possibility of a leotard look, just like the most recent Chargers update. If they had blue pants, I'd want only black socks, which could work pretty well.

• Like 1