NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Did the browns say which games they’ll wear this uniform?

I would guess one of the games would be Xmas day at Green Bay? And maybe their Thursday night home game against Denver?

• Like 3

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Unnecessary with how simple the rest of the uniform is. Even a traditional outline would look out of place.

It’s too simple for it’s own good. As a jersey on its own it’s bland, the gold part of the uniform completes it but if they were to add the drop shadow it would add the necessary depth in look that would carry it and would look good on it’s own. 

zyyMk1d.png

3 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

It’s too simple for it’s own good. As a jersey on its own it’s bland, the gold part of the uniform completes it but if they were to add the drop shadow it would add the necessary depth in look that would carry it and would look good on it’s own. 

Plus that would stop them from wearing white socks like they seem to want to do with the white fauxback. Win-win!

One of the things that stood out to me in the 2020 redesign was the wonky serif on the bottom of the 7. I assumed it was a “Nike being Nike” thing, but apparently there was a historical precedent with the 1946 uniforms. *cue NBC’s “The More You Know” jingle*

• Like 6

21 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

One of the things that stood out to me in the 2020 redesign was the wonky serif on the bottom of the 7. I assumed it was a “Nike being Nike” thing, but apparently there was a historical precedent with the 1946 uniforms. *cue NBC’s “The More You Know” jingle*

This picture says otherwise:

spacer.png

However, they may have been influenced by this Heritage Sports Art painting that chopped off the serif for some reason:

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

I never liked the gray facemask for the Browns. I thought it was bland and have preferred either white or brown. But for some reason on the new throwbacks I really like how it looks. And I can't for the life of me put my finger on it.

spacer.png

E7CLrULXMAYrSqZ.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

I never liked the gray facemask for the Browns. I thought it was bland and have preferred either white or brown. But for some reason on the new throwbacks I really like how it looks. And I can't for the life of me put my finger on it.

spacer.png

E7CLrULXMAYrSqZ.jpg

I hate the gray facemask here just like I hate it for every team that uses it that doesn't have gray in their color scheme or anywhere else on the uniform. 

• Like 9

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I hate the gray facemask here just like I hate it for every team that uses it that doesn't have gray in their color scheme or anywhere else on the uniform. 

I think the Browns should wear a white facemask with their regular uniforms. But grey works for throwbacks, and, really, it’s not THAT bad with the regular set. I’d still take it over brown facemasks, which just don’t look right to me. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bbush24 said:

spacer.png

E7CLrULXMAYrSqZ.jpg

I think it just remains not noticeable in a way that white or brown draw attention. My OPINION is that since gray is the way it always used to be, the change to a color other than gray was done to draw attention to it. If it is gray, that attention isn't drawn.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, GoHawks said:

Here's some more pics for y'all to judge spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Man between this, the Niners bringing back the '94 look, the Rams fixes, the Edmonton Elks rebrand... it's turning out to be a good football uniform year. Nice contrast with MLB where it's been one :censored:show after another this season. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I think the Browns should wear a white facemask with their regular uniforms. But grey works for throwbacks, and, really, it’s not THAT bad with the regular set. I’d still take it over brown facemasks, which just don’t look right to me. 

I was always a fan of the white facemasks until they introduced the brown ones. I love the brown even more now. Look at this concept a man named George Ashburn created with brown facemasks on a white helmet. It looks great! spacer.png

• Like 3

spacer.png

5 hours ago, bbush24 said:

spacer.png

E7CLrULXMAYrSqZ.jpg

I still argue that the Browns should employ all three, brown, white and grey facemasks into their set. Brown for color rush, white with the road set, and grey at home/throwback.