NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

8 hours ago, IceCap said:

I think you're overthinking it. It's a jersey with contrasting sleeves, and a stripe. It's not trying to "be" anything but what it is. 

It could be better. That’s what I’m getting at. They hit the money with the CR set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

20 hours ago, IceCap said:

There's a reason so many do it. It works. 

Incorporating an NY into a logo isn't a terrible idea, but this is far too boring to be a primary logo:

spacer.png

At least mix in a plane somewhere, sort of how the Islanders incorporate the Long Island map into their logo.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Incorporating an NY into a logo isn't a terrible idea, but this is far too boring to be a primary logo:

spacer.png

At least mix in a plane somewhere, sort of how the Islanders incorporate the Long Island map into their logo.

It’s not too boring to be a primary logo. It’s strong, dynamic, invokes both football and motion, and would make for a great helmet decal. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It’s not too boring to be a primary logo. It’s strong, dynamic, invokes both football and motion, and would make for a great helmet decal. 

It's better but why the oval? If you want to evoke the jet imagery without a plane, the '78 logo is a perfect start as it really evokes  era of jet-set era airline logos.

spacer.png

• Like 11

I think the NY in the football-shaped oval is much better than having NY, Jets and a football inside an oval, especially since the NY got lost from any sort of distance.

I guess you could always compromise and put that Jets logo inside of the football-shaped oval like such:

84JQld3.png

• Like 16

51 minutes ago, guest23 said:

It's better but why the oval? If you want to evoke the jet imagery without a plane, the '78 logo is a perfect start as it really evokes  era of jet-set era airline logos.

spacer.png

There's just something I've always loved about this logo. It looks like it could have came out today, but it's what? 35+ years old? It really feels timeless, and they should've brought it back in their most recent rebrand. 

• Like 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

See, this is the perfect Jets logo to me. It's bold, not too cluttered, and retains the ideas of the classic logo. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It could be better. That’s what I’m getting at. They hit the money with the CR set.

I feel like you're getting hung up on fan-coined terminology. 

"Is the classic Jets look a UCLA stripe or not? It's weird!"

Who cares if it's a UCLA stripe? A "UCLA stripe" is just a term we ran with to describe shoulder loops because UCLA made them famous. They're not an "official" category of striping, nor is there any rule that striping that goes over the shoulder must confirm to a "UCLA" pattern.

The classics Jets look took contrasting sleeve caps and tossed a shoulder loop stripe on for good measure. That's all it was. Fretting over "what" type of striping pattern it is, is overthinking things.  

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

22 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I feel like you're getting hung up on fan-coined terminology. 

"Is the classic Jets look a UCLA stripe or not? It's weird!"

Who cares if it's a UCLA stripe? A "UCLA stripe" is just a term we ran with to describe shoulder loops because UCLA made them famous. They're not an "official" category of striping, nor is there any rule that striping that goes over the shoulder must confirm to a "UCLA" pattern.

The classics Jets look took contrasting sleeve caps and tossed a shoulder loop stripe on for good measure. That's all it was. Fretting over "what" type of striping pattern it is, is overthinking things.  

I’m not getting hung up on it though. I just don’t care for the Jets over the shoulder striping and think a different style would’ve been a better choice

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

If you put that logo on the helmet, there would be even more reason (in my opinion) to keep the current sleeve stripes. Just fits well together.

eh i sort of feel the other way. the 'jet' silhouette works as a logo, but not really as a striping element. i think on a jersey or pant, it dates it/makes it gimmicky, but as a logo, it's a good subtle nod. maybe that's just personal taste. 

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

spacer.png

I've always loved this mark. It's the rare example that works as both logo and wordmark.  I could see the same jet treatment applied above a similarly styled "NY" to be used either as a secondary mark or -- for those of you who believe they should showcase the gravitas of New York — on the helmet.

The other thing I really like about this: it accomplishes the difficult (in my mind) task of showcasing a jet without being tripped up by the need to angle it to show the wings on each side, like the awkwardly shaped 1963 logo. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, Brian E said:

always felt like there was an easy fix for the current jets set:

current helmet logo/'jet' wordmark hybrid

traditional sleeve striping

traditional pant striping

remove 'new york' wordmark

maye.png

get rid of the black  (outline, facemask, all of it) and you may have something here.

• Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 1:08 PM, AndrewMLind said:

I think the NY in the football-shaped oval is much better than having NY, Jets and a football inside an oval, especially since the NY got lost from any sort of distance.

I guess you could always compromise and put that Jets logo inside of the football-shaped oval like such:

84JQld3.png

Add NY to this logo and similar to below and think we have a winner.

New York Jets Logo | Symbol, History, PNG (3840*2160)