Jump to content

NFL Changes 2021


simtek34

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I’d love to see the 1950 uniforms but it doesn’t seem like the Packers love acknowledging the era between Hutson and Lombardi. 

Also the 1950 uniform really isn’t too much of a change other than no white in the striping, and numbers are yellow. I don’t see them throwing back to a uniform that’s barely different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dont care said:

Also the 1950 uniform really isn’t too much of a change other than no white in the striping, and numbers are yellow. I don’t see them throwing back to a uniform that’s barely different.

Green pants is pretty different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dont care said:

Also the 1950 uniform really isn’t too much of a change other than no white in the striping, and numbers are yellow. I don’t see them throwing back to a uniform that’s barely different.

Well, that green is what I jokingly refer to as 7-crayon green (as in the color you get in a box of 7 crayons), not forest green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, would the Forrest Gregg home uniform ever be ok to come back?

 

spacer.png

Eh, it could. But there's enough history to choose a bad uniform before choosing this matching set of bad uniform and bad history.

 

Besides, those sleeve stripes aren't workable on today's uniforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Eh, it could. But there's enough history to choose a bad uniform before choosing this matching set of bad uniform and bad history.

 

Besides, those sleeve stripes aren't workable on today's uniforms. 

 

They're basically the Dolphins' throwback stripe with a G in the middle;

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

They're basically the Dolphins' throwback stripe with a G in the middle;

 

spacer.png

I stand corrected (on the sleeve part 🙂).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I kinda wanna see them in a yellow throwback. It'd be weird, but cool to see!

I agree,  I like the lighter shade of green in the ‘35 and ‘50 uniforms, but the yellow ‘52 ones would be refreshing. I don’t think there’s a single team in the nfl with a yellow jersey right now (primary or alternate). Last I can remember is the rams old color rush. Maybe rams will also make a yellow alternate this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not sure how accurate this image is, but it does give a lot of choices...

 

spacer.png

Wish they had graphics like this for all of the teams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are right b/c they are just that, your opinion, but to me that 35/36 look I do not think will translate well to a modern template.

 

Sleeves are so short now and the cuts make that different sleeve color and yoke look just not work well. Again just my opinion. I do like those I just don't think they work well on the current jersey cuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

training camp hats are out. interesting tidbit here is that a few teams have "historic logo" options. to me, it looks like the bills, browns, broncos, dolphins, patriots, jets, eagles, and bucs. could mean nothing, could mean these are teams fanatics/NFL identified as clubs that sell lots of retro merchandise. but considering a few of these are tried-and-true alternates (pat patriot, elway-era 'D,' standing buffalo, bucco bruce...plus we know the browns have a new throwback this year) makes it noteworthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, canzman said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are right b/c they are just that, your opinion, but to me that 35/36 look I do not think will translate well to a modern template.

 

Sleeves are so short now and the cuts make that different sleeve color and yoke look just not work well. Again just my opinion. I do like those I just don't think they work well on the current jersey cuts.

Wouldn’t it just be a green jersey with yellow sleeve caps? I feel like that would work fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.