NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

13 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I’d love to see the 1950 uniforms but it doesn’t seem like the Packers love acknowledging the era between Hutson and Lombardi. 

Also the 1950 uniform really isn’t too much of a change other than no white in the striping, and numbers are yellow. I don’t see them throwing back to a uniform that’s barely different.

34 minutes ago, dont care said:

Also the 1950 uniform really isn’t too much of a change other than no white in the striping, and numbers are yellow. I don’t see them throwing back to a uniform that’s barely different.

Green pants is pretty different.

40 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well, that green is what I jokingly refer to as 7-crayon green (as in the color you get in a box of 7 crayons), not forest green.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, would the Forrest Gregg home uniform ever be ok to come back?

spacer.png

Eh, it could. But there's enough history to choose a bad uniform before choosing this matching set of bad uniform and bad history.

Besides, those sleeve stripes aren't workable on today's uniforms. 

44 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Eh, it could. But there's enough history to choose a bad uniform before choosing this matching set of bad uniform and bad history.

Besides, those sleeve stripes aren't workable on today's uniforms. 

They're basically the Dolphins' throwback stripe with a G in the middle;

spacer.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They're basically the Dolphins' throwback stripe with a G in the middle;

spacer.png

I stand corrected (on the sleeve part 🙂).

1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I kinda wanna see them in a yellow throwback. It'd be weird, but cool to see!

I agree,  I like the lighter shade of green in the ‘35 and ‘50 uniforms, but the yellow ‘52 ones would be refreshing. I don’t think there’s a single team in the nfl with a yellow jersey right now (primary or alternate). Last I can remember is the rams old color rush. Maybe rams will also make a yellow alternate this year.

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not sure how accurate this image is, but it does give a lot of choices...

spacer.png

Wish they had graphics like this for all of the teams

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are right b/c they are just that, your opinion, but to me that 35/36 look I do not think will translate well to a modern template.

Sleeves are so short now and the cuts make that different sleeve color and yoke look just not work well. Again just my opinion. I do like those I just don't think they work well on the current jersey cuts.

training camp hats are out. interesting tidbit here is that a few teams have "historic logo" options. to me, it looks like the bills, browns, broncos, dolphins, patriots, jets, eagles, and bucs. could mean nothing, could mean these are teams fanatics/NFL identified as clubs that sell lots of retro merchandise. but considering a few of these are tried-and-true alternates (pat patriot, elway-era 'D,' standing buffalo, bucco bruce...plus we know the browns have a new throwback this year) makes it noteworthy.

3 hours ago, canzman said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are right b/c they are just that, your opinion, but to me that 35/36 look I do not think will translate well to a modern template.

Sleeves are so short now and the cuts make that different sleeve color and yoke look just not work well. Again just my opinion. I do like those I just don't think they work well on the current jersey cuts.

Wouldn’t it just be a green jersey with yellow sleeve caps? I feel like that would work fine.