NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

38 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Man, those throwbacks are gorgeous. If I were the Fins I’d go back to that full time, except with the aqua facemasks from the Marino years. 

Idk I think these uniforms can be brought back if they elect to keep the current logo (unpopular opinion, I know). I don’t find any worth in resurrecting the older logos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Idk I think these uniforms can be brought back if they elect to keep the current logo (unpopular opinion, I know). I don’t find any worth in resurrecting the older logos.

IMO, the current logo wouldn’t work as well with a block number font. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Believe it or not, it's apparently from Packer.com!

https://www.packers.com/news/infographic-100-seasons-of-packers-uniforms

That doesn't surprise me in the least.  Football teams are just about the worst caretakers of their own history. 

I've lost count of the times the Packers have goofed up their own historical uniforms.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian E said:

this is  the ultimate compliment. everyone knows tommy as green ranger > tommy as white ranger. 

I always considered them to be 2 different characters. Tommy just.... changed after he became the white ranger in a way I could never explain.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 6/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, throwuascenario said:

I don't mind a color swap alternate as it seems like a natural extension of the existing brand. I hate throwbacks though as they are completely off-brand. Speaking of a color swap alternate and the Packers, they have exactly that in Madden 19.  A yellow recolor of the green home jersey. With green numbers. Not sure where it came from or why it's there. Or how long it's been in the game or if it still is. Have they ever worn something like that?

I can't remember the first Madden game it was in but iirc they had them added during the PS3/360 era of Maddens so it's been awhile. Also Madden has had the Bears with alternate orange pants as an option since Madden 13 even though it's never been worn

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I always considered them to be 2 different characters. Tommy just.... changed after he became the white ranger in a way I could never explain.

It was "the light of goodness" that powered the White Ranger...or so one could deduce from Zordon's explanation...

...Actually, I say it was the mommas of all the kids that were about ready to burn the studio down for taking their favorite character off the show...only for the show to bring him back, tone him wayyy down (that, like the neutering of Lord Zedd, was the result of the mommas)--and then shove his face in front of the camera every chance they got.  By the start of season 3, I was Tommy'd out.

Then they went and made him the Red Ranger...ugh...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

It was "the light of goodness" that powered the White Ranger...or so one could deduce from Zordon's explanation...

...Actually, I say it was the mommas of all the kids that were about ready to burn the studio down for taking their favorite character off the show...only for the show to bring him back, tone him wayyy down (that, like the neutering of Lord Zedd, was the result of the mommas)--and then shove his face in front of the camera every chance they got.  By the start of season 3, I was Tommy'd out.

Then they went and made him the Red Ranger...ugh...

The White Ranger was originally supposed to be a new character.  JDF was supposed to be the star of his own Saban show, Cybertron. After the pilot they changed it to VR Troopers, and replaced JDF with the actor that was supposed to be the new White Ranger.

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 6/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, dont care said:

Throwbacks that show where the uniform they wear currently came from are “completely off brand?” Are you nuts?

They're completely off-brand to the current brand. The Packers brand is green and yellow. Those are the only two colors in their branding (and white, I guess). So navy appearing anywhere is off-brand. 

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

By the start of season 3, I was Tommy'd out.

Tommy becoming the focal point took me out of it too. Pre white ranger the show gave all the rangers moments to shine. After he became white ranger it was like the other rangers became his 5 sidekicks. Tommy being named the new leader of the rangers while Jason was still there, rubbed me the wrong way as a kid.

Billy not rising up to second in command after Jason, Zack and Trini left also rubbed me the wrong way as a kid. He was the smartest ranger, and his fighting ability improved tremendously by that point. Made no season for Rocky and Adam to leapfrog him in the chain of command  (ESPECIALLY ROCKY). I think most fans of the show at time would have accepted Billy as the #2 ranger. He earned it

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

7 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Tommy becoming the focal point took me out of it too. Pre white ranger the show gave all the rangers moments to shine. After he became white ranger it was like the other rangers became his 5 sidekicks. Tommy being named the new leader of the rangers while Jason was still there, rubbed me the wrong way as a kid.

Billy not rising up to second in command after Jason, Zack and Trini left also rubbed me the wrong way as a kid. He was the smartest ranger, and his fighting ability improved tremendously by that point. Made no season for Rocky and Adam to leapfrog him in the chain of command  (ESPECIALLY ROCKY). I think most fans of the show at time would have accepted Billy as the #2 ranger. He earned it

I know we done went all off-track in here, but yeah, I could've gotten with that, too, especially since they dropped the overly-nerdy shtick with Billy right about the time the White Ranger showed up which really strengthened his character. I understand (and even at the time understood) what they were trying to do in preserving "color continuity" with Rocky the Red Ranger still being the "group of 5" leader (see what I did there?), but it never worked on any level. By the time of Zeo, Rocky finally settled into his own, had some of the best focus episodes, and looking back was arguably the most well-rounded character of the five.

But weren't we talking about NFL changes and not Ranger color changes in here?? 😆

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

51 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Supposedly the actor who played Billy was bullied and harassed beyond belief from crew members for being gay. At one point he walked off the show because of it and was hesitant to come back for Zeo. They probably didn’t care to make anything of the character because of that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I can't remember the first Madden game it was in but iirc they had them added during the PS3/360 era of Maddens so it's been awhile. Also Madden has had the Bears with alternate orange pants as an option since Madden 13 even though it's never been worn

Madden ‘08 for PC had a Cardinals alt with a black helmet. I feel like that was probably a glitch though.