NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

14 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Derek Carr rocking this weird new helmet at minicamp.

spacer.png

Also, due to the photo's angle / lighting / shadows cast — plus probably stemming from a portion containing a divot — his helmet appears to have additional, asymmetrical striping via two separate grey colors with both a thin & thick sliver of silver (same shade as shell) in between, respectively.

Steelers open training camp, but can't bank on tradition this time

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers Minicamp

I hadn't noticed the Steelers having practice jerseys with the wordmark on them before, Is it possible they may be changing their jerseys to using a wordmark instead of the logo, or am I just behind on them adding these?

* - Apparently I'm behind a bit but it looks like it's a case of the team ordering different sets of jerseys and adding wordmarks on some of the orders but not others. 

Kovacevic: Observations from Pittsburgh Steelers' training camp

Ten observations from Steelers practice

• Huh? 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Multiple teams with  “a classic or throwback”?  Is the NFL keeping the one-helmet rule repealing a secret?

We've known about the Browns, Packers and 49ers for a while. Only one of those could presumably come with an alternate helmet. 

34 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

We've known about the Browns, Packers and 49ers for a while. Only one of those could presumably come with an alternate helmet. 

All three of them could, conceivably.

The Browns could throw back to white helmets, the Packers to brown or metallic gold, and the 49ers to silver.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

All three of them could, conceivably.

The Browns could throw back to white helmets, the Packers to brown or metallic gold, and the 49ers to silver.

I was speaking specifically about the Browns. The 49ers are throwing back to 1994. I guess the Packers *could*, but all signs point to them throwing back to a year with gold helmets. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

I was speaking specifically about the Browns. The 49ers are throwing back to 1994. I guess the Packers *could*, but all signs point to them throwing back to a year with gold helmets. 

Ah - my bad 🙂

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a black jersey or something random like anthracite. 

Feel like their shade of yellow is so bright now, a jersey that color would be blinding. 

If it is black, 100% guarantee it’ll be called something stupid like “LA Lights SoCal Nights”

• Like 15

Best case scenario for the Rams: the alternate is a white version of the blue primary, and it gets slowly phased into becoming the primary  road uniform.

Worst case scenario: Another “streetwear line” set, but in black/anthracite. Some marketing BS about how the colors popping against black “evoke the bright stars of Hollywood” or something.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I saw on ProFootballTalk that the Washington Football Team was unable to trademark that name. A it was too generic and B a squatter already applied for it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/20/u-s-patent-and-trademark-office-rejects-first-application-for-washington-football-team-trademark/

Edited by Sec19Row53
link added
  • Like 6

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I saw on ProFootballTalk that the Washington Football Team was unable to trademark that name. A it was too generic and B a squatter already applied for it.

Good that's what they get for having a non-name for two years

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Can we all agree that the biggest menace is people still referring to the Giants as “The New York FOOTBALL Giants” as if it still has any real meaning anymore.

What's that have to do with anything?

• Like 19

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."