NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Except for the fact that “Football Team” is the official name so it’s not an issue. There’s a big irrelevancy to “Football Giants” still being used. It may be fun to say, but there’s no point in referring to New York as such.

Considering San Francisco got the baseball team over 60 years ago, there's a lot of casual sports fans who don't even realize they used to play in New York. Bringing up "New York Football Giants" enlightens a new generation on a fun piece of trivia.

Football Team being the official name doesn't make it any less ridiculous to hear & see in comparison to the rest of the league. Take something like this as an example:

spacer.png

• Like 26

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's a Chris Berman gimmick that still exists because he still works for ESPN. Outside of him, I've never heard another broadcaster use that term, other than people making fun of him or some guy with his own YouTube channel that gets upset about everything New York sports.

On that note, what if the San Francisco BASEBALL Giants decided to move back to New York? Or MLB Cleveland became the Cleveland BASEBALL Buckeyes? Both are probably pretty unlikely but you never know. 

Terry Bradshaw says it alot

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

FOOTBALL Team

FOOTBALL Giants

I don’t know, math checks out to me.

If salty Washington fans want to change it up...might I suggest "Washington Soccer Workforce"?

• Like 16

I may be on an island on this one, but at no point during his career did I consider Eli to be an elite QB...good, at times great, but certainly not elite--and definitely not elite enough to have his jersey number retired.  But then...the man did win two Superb Owls as the QB of a New York team that, now that I think about it, really hadn't had a good-to-great long-tenured starting star QB since, what, Phil Simms?? So I guess based off that they're gonna vote him into the Oprah Winfrey Pro Football Hall of Fame too, huh?

(Of course, those are just my two rusted Lincolns on the matter...)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

18 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I may be on an island on this one, but at no point during his career did I consider Eli to be an elite QB...good, at times great, but certainly not elite--and definitely not elite enough to have his jersey number retired.  But then...the man did win two Superb Owls as the QB of a New York team that, now that I think about it, really hadn't had a good-to-great long-tenured starting star QB since, what, Phil Simms?? So I guess based off that they're gonna vote him into the Oprah Winfrey Pro Football Hall of Fame too, huh?

If he didn't win those two Super Bowls he's not getting his jersey retired. 

• Like 15

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If he didn't win those two Super Bowls he's not getting his jersey retired. 

If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike.

• Like 24

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, tBBP said:

He certainly was not ever elite, but he was the face of a "legacy" franchise for what - 14, 15 seasons?  And won two Owls.  As dopey and (usually) average as he is, that's a HOF career.  I don't know how much he meant to Giants fans (since I'm not one of them) or to the franchise other than the obvious, so it's not for me to say whether number retirement is appropriate, but it certainly seems that way.

2 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike

and if she had two balls she'd be your grandfather.

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, I didn't realize how average his record was - it's 117-117.  Also, his Pro Football Reference HOF Monitor score has him pretty much tied with... 

Anderson_Ken10_Bengals.JPG

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Speaking of fun monikers, this is simply the epitome of the NFC 'Least' right here, folks!

Excuse me that's the GREATEST. DIVISION. IN SPORTS. to you!

(It's true because Fox, NBC, and ESPN make sure to always put them front and center)

• Like 4

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

It's a common debate in NY if he should be in the HOF, for reasons you stated.  But Jersey retirement - there is no debate. He is Giant legend.

• Like 20

11 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Excuse me that's the GREATEST. DIVISION. IN SPORTS. to you!

(It's true because Fox, NBC, and ESPN make sure to always put them front and center)

The Cowboys? Absolutely

The rest of the division? Not a snowball’s chance in hell

13 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

It's a common debate in NY if he should be in the HOF, for reasons you stated.  But Jersey retirement - there is no debate. He is Giant legend.

Fair enough. If the fans deem him worthy, then that's what it is...and the opinion of some ex-trucker type out in the middle of the northern plains ain't gon' matter one ioda... 😉

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It'll matter to some dbag defensive end that wants #10 and asks Eli to wear it before it's even required (then claims not to know who Eli was.)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

Super Bowl XLVI 10th anniversary logo

neh4gbwq9nimndtgx18a.jpg

I was wondering why they wouldn't use part of the Super Bowl logo until I realized it was part of the current line of bland logos. 

Super Bowl XLVI - Wikipedia

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png